toosdi 25th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

toosdi 25th

hia folks how are we all today then?woke up this morning,looked out over the fields..there were 16 horses in the field next to our house,the field at the top has calves in it.not a sound...what a beautiful moment unspoiled...either by me having a sore head and feelin shit thru drink or plannin where to get a bottle,or what time does the off licence open....thankfully gone are those days

tea and coffee on the go ...so off we go then....

mornin bear..how are you today?can I be totally blunt with you here?I do think you take this manager thing on a personal level to heart too much at times....you have 2 people on your team that cannot perform for whatever reason..why are you taking on there problems?it sends you into a deep spiral doubting yourself,your whole being and sends you into doom n gloom .com..Has your boss said to you that your performance is crap ? no..has he/she said that you are on poor performance? no..but the bottom line he/she has got to deliver too..and if not there were will be casualties thats corporate life!!so if your team doesnt perform......guess who gets the blame?good ole you...despite the fact that you could be the sweetest nicest person in the world...and do you know what..when you are standing there taking the flak...I bet you a pound to penny..those 2 aint standin beside you..youre letting this ruin your life....sod em take them on!you aint performing Im gonna micro manage you util you are good or out the door..I dont know much about your rules ,but I do know about managing poor performance etc..if you want to ..please pm me...

hey Sam the man ..hows you mate?all good?you didnt tell me you were into camping...your post "which were intense ". hee hee..ok Ill get my coat!!what are you up to today then?yes it looks like those 2 bodies were put into chambers specifically dug for that purpose....so ooo lets look at the facts...Both bodies 400 plus years old..both in good condition ..both bound hand and foot ,both with necks broken..both in chambers dug for that purpose..both placed in there not chucked in, both facing the same way overlooking the River Mersey,both well to do ,not lower class teeth in great condition..previous evidence of ankle break..and it being fixed properly..here is a potted history of the castle..

The ruined castle remains at Halton which stands on a prominent hill of red sandstone and overlooks the estuary of the River Mersey to the north and east. The first castle on the site was a motte and bailey timber castle built by Hugh Lupus, Earl of Chester, in circa 1070. This was formed by cutting off the highest part of the promontory on the north western side by a ditch 8 metres wide and utilising the natural platform on the rest of the hilltop as a bailey. The castle was occupied by Nigel, the first baron of Halton. In the subsequent three centuries the phases of building and rebuilding in stone are obscured since all rebuilding took place after scraping the previous phase off the bedrock and rebuilding on that foundation. By circa 1250 the curtain wall had been built, together with a square tower on the west side, a round tower at the north end, and stone buildings in a range along the north western side. During this period, from C11 to C13, the ownership passed to the Lacy family, the Lords of Pontefract, who became Dukes of Lancaster in 1311. In C15 a gatehouse was constructed. The castle was used as a prison for Roman Catholic recusants in 1579. It was besieged and captured by Sir William Brereton in 1643 and partly demolished on Cromwells orders in 1644. In 1738 the gatehouse was replaced by a new courthouse and prison and a series of small lock-ups built in the castle interior. Nothing remains of the early timber castle phase of the buildings and the ditch of the early motte site was filled in in C13. The curtain wall only survives as foundations. The stone tower dates from C13 and measures 12m square at the base. Next to this are the foundations of the kitchen range. In circa 1800 the walls of a folly were constructed to the east of the courthouse where they still form a castellated feature

the only bit that those 2 fit into is 1579!!

anyways have a good doay..

hiya tt ..how are you nice to see you...things doing ok?

hiya ppqp..how are you this fine day?all good..it was nice to read your story thanx..you took to the community volunteer really good didnt you?

hiya Pie...hows you today then?all good I hope...hows the dog rescue going?my friend who has the farm has just taken on another 2 collie dogs..this is their total now ..3 collies ..1 dachsund 2 rottweillers 6 wirehaired terriers (one of them s in pup) a cat, 3 horses, 6 pigs,19 sheep 5 goats plus chickens pheasant quails and geese!!Im going to try my hand at sand and cement today!!

hiya SF....glad that youre doing so well and that life is being kinder toy you or mebbe you are being kinder to it!!anyways great to see you doing good...

hiya Det ..hows you today mate ?..you back on that hoss yet?as Pauly says if tou dont feel up to flying then dont do ithope youre feeling better today..

mornin ns hows you this fine day?all good?

hia pauly..good mornin to you..at present Ive got the pesky wabbits running around the front room ..will get some pics later for you...

hiya Lav hows you today then? chickens on best behaviour not to dirty the coop?its a lovely day here...time for annuver brew......you up to anything today ?

right peeps off we go..have a grand day all

A pastor was hiking in the woods when a grizzly bear stepped into his path. The bear stopped, growled, raised up on his back legs, and his mouth began salivating.

"Oh, God, PLEASE!" the pastor prayed, "Let this be a Christian bear."

A placid look came over the bear and the bear dropped to his knees. The bear said, "Dear, Lord. I thank you for the bountiful feast you have set before me..."

I work from 4am to 9.30am, I have half an hour break and then I carry on until 2.30pm.

Let's see you write a song about that, Dolly Parton.

Why did the orange stop rolling down the hill?

Because it ran out of juice!

A redneck takes his daughter to the doctor to get birth control pills. The doctor wonders if she's a little young for birth control pills and asks her father if she's sexually active. The father replies, “No, she just kinda lays there, just like her mother.”

My buddy Brian had a kid a few years ago, and he comes to me this summer and he goes, 'Man, my son just flunked the third grade. I don't know how to tell my kid he's going to be held back a year.' I was like, 'I guess you better tell him slowly so the little dumb ass will get it.'

Once there was a liitle boy in church. He had to go to the bathroom so he told his mother, ''Mommy, I have to piss.''
    The mother said, ''Son don't say piss in church. Next time you have to piss, say, 'whisper' because it is more polite.
    The next Sunday, the litle boy was sitting by his father this time, and once again, he had to go to the bathroom.
    He told his father, ''Daddy I have to whisper.''
    The father said, ''OK. Here, whisper in my ear.''

A man goes to the confessional. "Forgive me father, for I have sinned."
    "What is your sin, my child?" The priest asks back.
    "Well," the man starts, "I used some horrible language this week and feel absolutely terrible."
    "When did you do use this awful language?" said the priest.
    "I was golfing and hit an incredible drive that looked like it was going to go over 250 yards, but it struck a phone line that was hanging over the fairway and fell straight down to the ground after going only about 100 yards."
    "Is that when you swore?"
    "No, Father." Said the man.
    "After that, a squirrel ran out of the bushes and grabbed my ball in his mouth and began to run away."
    Is THAT when you swore?" asked the Father again.
    "Well, no." said the man, "You see, as the squirrel was running, an eagle came down out of the sky, grabbed the squirrel in his talons and began to fly away!"
    "Is THAT when you swore?" asked the amazed Priest.
    "No, not yet." The man replied. "As the eagle carried the squirrel away in his claws, it flew towards the green. And as it passed over a bit of forest near the green, the squirrel dropped my ball."
    "Did you swear THEN?" asked the now impatient Priest.
    "No, because as the ball fell it struck a tree, bounced through some bushes, careened off a big rock, and rolled through a sand trap onto the green and stopped within six inches of the hole."
    "You missed the f**king putt, didn't you?" sighed the Priest.

Joe enters the confessional and tells the priest that he has committed adultery.
    "Oh, no," said the priest, thinking of the most promiscuous women in town. "Was it with Marie Brown?"
    "I'd rather not say who it was."
    "Was it with Betty Smith?"
    "I'd rather not say," says Joe. So the priest gives him absolution and Joe leaves. While leaving the church, Joe's friend asks if he received absolution.
    "Yes, and two very good leads!"

A blonde, brunette and redhead are in a desert. The brunette says, "I brought some water so we don't get dehydrated." The redhead says, "I brought some suntan lotion so we don't get sunburned." Then the blonde says I brought a car door." The other girls said, "Why did you bring that?" Then the blonde says, "So I can roll down the window if it gets hot."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good Tuesday morning Abbers

Ha ha, good jokes this morning Mick!
    I am hoping the weather geniuses are right in predicting this humidity will move out of here this afternoon. Tired of the crappy looking hair, LOL
    The history on your dig is fascinating. I just can't imagine anything that old!!

SF, glad to see you. Mellow is my mood of choice too - good for you

Det, I really, really hope you are OK.

Sam, I heard yesterday that despite all the rain we've had we are still about 2 inches below normal. Everything is still so green around here & the weeds are healthy!

Pie, happy rescuing to you! What a great thing to do to help our furry friends!

Pauly, staying positive was & still is a big thing for me. I have to work at not letting other people's shitty moods get to me

Hi there PQ, NS, TT & others checking in today.
    I am taking my time this morning but will eventually end up at Curves.

Have a great AF Tuesday everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning Mick and MA all to come....

Sounds like a nice peaceful morning, a time we'd definitely miss if still partaking in our DOC. I certainly found a good fit when I found the community centre. Feels like I've been off work forever. And just think I only have 3 days to go till my last 4 day weekend.

Have a Terrific Tuesday all and will check back later to see how everyone's doing today.....:smile:PPQP

Xpost.....morning Lav!

Comment

Mae everybody, haha funny jokes Mick,interesting story of the castle, its amazing hearing about the history of the place,supposed to rain here today,we'll see,Pie,when I said people are different sober,I meant just more positive, confident and happy as opposed to the sad,weak,posts while drinking or after a relapse,not just here but around the boards,just something I've observed in myself and others,I gotta clean up my laundry that I've washed,dried and threw on a chair in my bedroom, right now before I put it off again and it drives me crazy looking at it!! Much love to all,Det hope you're feeling better
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

That makes sense, Pauly. Thanks for explaining.

Morning, PQ and Lav.

Thanks for the history lesson, Mick. Are you saying the remains you unearthed were of religious protesters?

Yes, Sam. I volunteer with a dog rescue

Off to run some errands for now.

Comment

Pie its only my theory,but for me they were Roman Catholics at that time England was going through massive religious rebellions ..England had been catholic but had turned Protestant..I also think they were of noble or high status hence how they were buried....
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

hey everyone, feeling a bit better today
              Mick thanks for the offer - I am performance managing one of them out - starting formal capability and have spoken with HR loads.I am handling it well procedure wise and am taking HR advice and my boss is happy with how I'm handling it,it will take 6 months to a year to get one of them into another role/out of the company. I know I'm letting it get to me personally - I wish I could just switch that off - if only it were that easy! She is very manipulative and is making it personal to detract from her performance,insinuating that she is being bullied by me - to lots of people - but not going as far as making it formal.That is really hard.It will end,but now it's tough.
              Thanks PPQ - started reading tiny buddha website.
              Det - hope you're feeling better and looking after you.
              Hello to everyone else - off for TV,sofa,book,bath and early night.
              one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                Pie its only my theory,but for me they were Roman Catholics at that time England was going through massive religious rebellions ..England had been catholic but had turned Protestant..I also think they were of noble or high status hence how they were buried....
                And they were killed for not embracing Protestantism, right?

Comment

hi friends, still alive and keeping down water and vitamins (mostly) going through the sadness/crying phase and not having a great time of course but I managed to stay home and not try to travel. that would have been a disaster. skyping DX who's out at burning man. she's worried of course, poor dear. I have work to do on myself.
                  love to all
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good to hear from you Det
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Glad you checked in Det!
                      I was wondering if DX was away. You've had a hard time before when she was not home. Be well, OK?
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Det...thanks for checking in, you've been in my thoughts. Good job on not trying to fly, just take care of yourself for now, stay close and keep skyping with Dx :hug:

Comment

late check in, long day, I be tyred. Det, glad you are here.

Mick, I live in tent city!!

off to bed
                          Sam
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

thanks again everyone.. My Dad sent me this. it's absolutely brilliant.

Visit http://TED.com to get our entire library of TED Talks, transcripts, translations, personalized talk recommendations and more.What really causes addicti...
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                            X