wenzdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wenzdi

morn all..hows things today? its pouring down here today ..thankfully got most of the brickwork done yesterday..out early tomorrow...

brew time so on we go ...

mornin Lav ...hows the hairdo today then ? improved? so your weather is on the change ..so is ours..the rain is getting a little warmer!!just got a top ledge to put on the herb garden then job done!!kid free zone today?ok have this brew then!!have a good one...

hiya ppqp ..hows you then?well I hope ..the last of your 4 day weekends?I think not...you can have them whenever you want...seems to me thats a strategy your bosses employ!! Yes I love the early mornings..this morning was looking out over the fields at 4.30!!

Pauly ...you know what? that was a brill post yesterday...not a lot in it but what there was ..was positively up beat ...no one peeing you off,no drink or ailment issues...good on you ...

hiya pie hows you today then?ok I hope ...ref your question about them changing religion...in those days unless you were really high up or royalty ..it didnt really matter whether you said you would convert or not ..it was goodnight Vienna..earlier in the 1500s England had been a Roman Catholic nation..that is until the Pope refused to anull the marriage of Henry 8th to one of his wifes...so the king simply changed the religion of the country...then there was a bit about Elizabeth 1st marrying Phillip of Spain ..that never happened so England stayed Protestant whilst Scotland was RC under Mary Queen of Scots ..Elizabeths sister...she was killed by Elizabeth ..1587 I think ..so all the religious bigotry ..is nowt fresh!!! hows the dogs thats more to the point...

hiya bear ..hows you then?all good ..you feelin better today?as far aswork goes ..yes it does take time and yes it can get to you if you let it. as far as mrs devious goes ...insinuations dont buy food ..as she is likely to find out soon ..keep that one in there ..I know its a fine line to tread ..in this day and age robust management is sometimes classed as harrassing and bullying!! keep your head up ...In the words of that wise old soothsayer Confucius..he say"bollox to her ..soon be history!" ok mebbe it wasnt quite those words!!

hiya Det glasd you checked in..tried to send you coupla pms ..but the inbox is full ..yep you have got some work to do ..but thats why we are here ..to help!!use it mate..

Hey Sam in tent city ..yeehah ..with the pink sheriff?hows you today then?all good

hi ns ..hows you?

right folks thats me offski see you all later .out early tomorrow 5 am start ....

"Where have you been?" asked my boss this morning.

"I needed the toilet," I replied.

"For that long?" he snapped back. "I'm docking your wages."

"Calm down," I said, looking at my phone. "I was only gone for 15 percent."

Raffles:

What Texans will use to shoot you.

There are immigrants coming from all across the world to steal my job, but the joke's on them; I don't have one.

My wife said today that I'm boring, dull and I never do anything extreme.

I wiped the smug look off her face as I sprayed myself with deodorant from less than 15cm away...

A tabloid published a picture of Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps at a party taking a huge hit from a bong.
    I think there’s an important lesson to be learned here:-

Kids, never share your hash with someone who has the lung capacity of a dolphin.

The rather broad lady showed up at the theatre just before the performance started and handed the usher two tickets. "Where's the other party?" asked the usher. "Well," said the lady, with a blush, "You see one seat is a little small for me and rather uncomfortable so I bought two. But they're both really for me." "Okay with me, lady," the usher replied, scratching his head. "There's just one problem. Your seats are fifty-one and sixty-three."

Crustaceans, like lobsters or crab, never share their food.

I guess they're just shellfish then.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    thanks for the brew Mick, feel like I could use one today. I really enjoy the history you've been writing about. I always find it amazing how powerful religion was and that time period of ol' Henry changing the rules of the game.

Got farms to look at and also get my truck window fixed, fiddle lesson. Sunday I had a slight mishap....when adjusting the points on my motorcycle, I turn the motor by using an allen wrench on the alternator. After adjusting them I went to start the bike but forgot to take out the allen wrench, so when I started the bike, the wrench flew off, hit the back window of my truck and shattered the glass. The back window is a retractable kind so of course more expensive. Mr Murphy was there that day for sure!! It was a real f..ck me moment!! Anyway that's suppose to get fixed today.

Pie, what kind of dog rescue?

off to it friends
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for kicking us off this morning. You make a good point...can always take a mental health day on Fridays. We could sure use some rain here, wash away all the smoke. The huge fire burning in Washington is sending it's smoke into Calgary. There was a picture on the news of a road here in Calgary and a road in Beijing China and you couldn't tell which was which. With the air quality index of 1-10 we are sitting at 17. Been hiding indoors as this is not good for my COPD.

Sam...I've enjoyed Mick's history lessons as well, especially having my roots in Scotland. Wow you were lucky with that wrench. You just keep feeding Mr. Murphy as I don't need him visiting over here.

Had a couple of really good sleeps, feeling really energetic today. Shout out to all to come today......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hi, Abbers

Things are good here - busy but I can't really say with what. Seems amazing that I still don't seem to have a lot of free time even though I have 5 or 6 more functional hours each day than I used to .

So glad you're feeling pretty good PPQP! Maybe those 4-day weekends are really helping you. Even a 3-day weekend each week would be pretty nice. Bear, is there anyway you could have an extra day off? You sound so good on weekends.

Pauly, there is no reason the past needs to predict the future! At some point all of us here did "something different" and that thing was not drinking. You can do that, too.

Lav, I'm guessing that minding your grandkids uses up much of your patience for the kind of thinking kids are famous for. I can sure hear you on that.

Pie, are you about to go back to your periodic employment? I would like to be able to decide whether to seek work each day. I might consider that approach after I retire from what I do now.

Mick, thank you for being such a constant friend :hug:.

Sam, I responded to you on the F-it thread - it is SO annoying when overlooking a small thing causes a big problem! Hard to not get caught up in the If Onlies.

Det, you and a couple other MWO friends have been on my mind since you wrote about your bad experience a couple days ago. MWO is great for helping a person stay AF. Checking in on one or more threads, seeing that other people can live that way just fine, and sharing how good it is is really reinforcing. But it can work when you're about to make a bad decision, too, if you let it. You can come on here and post FIRST. Give someone a chance to answer. Just taking the time to write out what you're thinking of doing might arrest the urge. Or, text or call someone. I know it is simpler said than done but I think it is important to have something in place that you're committed to doing FIRST. I hope you're feeling better today but hope you never forget what the last couple days were like and how much of a risk you took. Please take care of yourself.

NS

Comment

Good late morning Abbers & happy Hump day too!

Sunny & 73 degrees here, perfect
          The boy troops arrived early this morning so it's definitely not a kid-free zone today Mick. The oldest starts 1st grade next week & th eyounger guy starts his pre-K year Sept 8. AFTER that I will have a bit more free time - it's been a long & busy summer for me.
          Glad your project is working out Mick, despite the weather!

Sam, I hate that damn Murphy & his law, ha ha!!!
          We have to keep our sense of humor & not let that sh*t get us down. We all have an unwelcome visit from Murphy time to time

PQ, the fires out west are absolutely horrendous. It's hard to believe how far the smoke travels. I hope it clears quickly for you & everyone else.

NS, I truly thought that by the time I reached 'this age' that I would have all the free time in the world. Apparently I thought wrong, LOL
          I am reluctant to spend every waking moment engaged in work, house keeping, cooking, childcare, etc. But I can't seem to get away from it all. Oh well!

Ok, off to see what the minions are up to - it's a little too quiet at the moment.
          Hello to everyone & I will check in tonight when it's saner here.
          Have a great AF day all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

here we go a selection of photos

first one ..herb bed nearly finished ..needs edging stones...the little bit to the right of it is my memory garden to our first rabbit ..Jake..the onr who started the rabbit craze!!

20150826_164706.jpg

pauly ..for you ..madam feeding her face ....

20150825_105517.jpg

see how much this has grown ...

20150826_164809.jpg
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hi everyone,better today,staff member just didn't turn up,makes it much easier to handle procedure wise.Got stuff done and ticked a few things off the list.
              Getting ready to go to gym class in few mins so just a quick dart

NS - I'm a bit short on leave but can work at home one day per week which should help,generally I get at least one flex day a month - and have 10 days off coming up in October and 10 in December for Christmas Can't wait,I'm feeling better,noticing more each day how I'm adding to the pressure with my own internal chatter.

Right best get going - love to everyone Det hope you're feeling a bit better and keeping more down
              one day at a time

Comment

Morning Ladies and Gents. I slept late this morning, dilly-dallied around drinking coffee, and now running off to dog walk. Will return for proper post later.

Comment

sounds like a nice start to the day Pie,just back after body pump - always shocked at how much better i feel after exercise - really is miraculous.Pizza and oven chips in the oven.
                  one day at a time

Comment

Bear, I'm always happy when difficult people don't show up!

Great history, great jokes, great pics! Mick, what do we owe you for today? Must be a pretty penny.

NS, I should be able to start picking up assignments again any day now, but will put some effort into it next week. I'm hoping to work most Mondays and Fridays, as that's when the jobs are most plentiful, and I can be a bit choosy. It's a pretty perfect way to have some income rolling in, but with no commitment beyond the specific places and times I say yes to.

Sam, try not to cry when you write out the check for truck window repair. Tears will just smudge your signature. I volunteer with a sighthound rescue. Mostly we step in to make up for the ways that people have let these dogs down through abandonment, mistreatment, indiscriminate breeding, etc. Usually involves vetting, re-homing, education, etc., which is largely paid for by donations. Sometimes they happen in groups, sometimes it's one at a time.

Det, glad you managed not to have to travel for now. Why did you drink such a huge quantity? Feel free to ignore the question. I've just been wondering.

Off to do some reading. Back later.
                    Last edited by Pie; August 30, 2015, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Mae everybody, late check in for me,thanks for the pics Mick Sam,that sucks about the truck window but good thing forgetting the tool in your bike didn't ruin that,Pie,sounds like your day started off pretty good,Lav,I feel you on the loud,active boys,I swear if I slapped my fit bit on Louie,he'd get 50,000 steps in a day haha,PPQP,you sound nice and relaxed Bear you too,NS,always good to see you, Det,hope you're on the mend,alrighty then orf to take Brady to pet smart,have a peaceful night
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Checking in as promised - I AM TIRED, ha ha!!!
                        When asked if I was available tomorrow, 'just in case' I said NO. I need some down time!!

Hi there to everyone, wishing for a peaceful night for all of us

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good word that Lav...NO! Took me a long time to learn it! LOL Enjoy your downtime......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                          X