saturday 29 August af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saturday 29 August af daily

morning,up early to get car back from MOT and to get hair dyed/cut.Then back on sofa for chilling it,reading and maybe watching a DVD,bit of pottering.
    I'm doing my mindfulness exercises too,trying to remain in the moment and realise that emotions come and go and it's ok to feel them.This is hugely helping me with my stress levels.I think not boozing means there are more emotions to feel doesn't it and I panic when I start to feel anxious/sad that I will feel that way forever and try to push it away.
    Trying to feel it,breathe into it and it does seem to go - read that emotions and cravings are like waves and to let them wash over us and they move on.
    Have a great day everyone - sorry this is so brief.
    Trying to stay in the moment as much as I can.Still smoking - set quit date of 24 September and that's it.
    one day at a time

mornin all ...hows everyone today then?all good...thanx for the start up bear....hey just remember ..in the shower think of the shower ..not driving down the road..as for the emotions and booze ..all the booze does is masks it for that moment ...nothing changes or magically disappears!!..youll be fine ...out early doors tomorrow Leicester ..so guess an early one

right ..brew time.....

pauly ..hey well done on the no booze ..yes you are normal ..weve all thought those thoughts too..look at your own improvement...last time you came on here in wunov them moods ..you listened to no one...and drank..this time you had the courage to say nope...so well done to you big hugz for that ....

hiya Det...time you made an appearance matey ..let us know whats hapning...whether you think it or not..there are people here trying to help and who care bout you...

hiya Sam the man...hows you today then buddy?any shindigs planned for tonight?

hiya pie ..tin foil hat isnt too grand..well it is at frazzzlin my napper but the computer is still playing up ..keeps coming up with dns error messages out of time and the likes..it will be going into the shop..finished the herb planter ...put slate edging on the top..madam is pleased so the wureld is now a beeyootiful place....got it covered at the mo to harden off as it is spitting with rain...

was going to say the mens adult classes are empty..not really a lot to learn..but I guess that would be the wrong answer??? :egad:

hiya Lav...hows you today then?all good ? picked up a lovely fuschia yesterday ...purple and white ..so when it opens Ill piccy it...so youve got the wise grandson to look after have you?ok then ...normal size brew ..have a great weekend..

hiya ppqp ...how are you today?your prescence was noticed by your absence yesterday.....all ok?anything doing at the weekend?

morning ns...and how are you today?all good ? have you any time to yourself this weekend?enjoy yourself...

right folks ..the big offski...so have a good one ...dont 4get Det ..get in touch...

I was in the bar when I started chatting to a midget.

"You seem like a nice and trustworthy person, fancy coming back to mine?" I asked.

"Looking for a good time, are you?" she said, smiling.

"No," I replied. "I've lost my key and you're the only person that can fit through my cat flap."

My 16 year old son ran home delighted after getting his GCSE results.

"All A grades Dad!" he beamed.

"Well done lad," I said. "How many did you get?"

"It was all of my fingers and thumbs plus my little toe."

I bought a big, multi coloured kaftan.
    "It's for my wife," I explained to the assistant.
    "Hippy?" she asked.
    "Yes," I said, "and stomachy and arsey".

I was telling my son that when I was young, you had to unplug the internet if you wanted to use the landline.

"What?!" He exclaimed.

"I know," I said, "You couldn't use both at once."

"No, what's a landline?"

"What do we want?"

"An end to unreasonable demands!"

"When do we want it?"

"Last week!"

I was supposed to be in court today for possession of weed.

Um, Well I think it was today, oh well.

I was up in court for shoplifting

The judge asked me, "Is there anything you would like to say before I pass sentence?"

I already knew I was going to the slammer, so I replied, "Fck All, M'lud."

The Judge asked the clerk, "What did that man just say?"

Clerk replied, "He said 'Fck All, M'lud.'"

The Judge replied, "That's strange.... I'm sure I saw his lips move."

What boxer became a champion and immediately crapped in the ring?

Crufts champion 1984!!

I want to make a complaint about the Sushi bar at Manchester airport.

The portions on the conveyor belt are too big and they taste very luggagey.

I got hit by a car yesterday.

The driver came over and said, "What's your name? I'll tell your mum and dad."

"What the fck for?" I replied. "They already know what I'm called".
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

pics!!!!....heres where Iwas the other day...Lincoln Cathedral commanding the view of the area

20150827_145507.jpg

and one finished planter!!!

20150829_103519.jpg

20150829_103537.jpg
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all
        feel like every day this week has been a rushed hi and bye. This morning is not an exception. Taking a motorcycle ride with my brother today. Before I leave I have move cows to another field, that means some quick creative fencing, thank goodness for polywire and electric!

Bear, thanks for the java this morning, it is all very fleeting even though ol man booze wants you to think it's forever! You got the right idea.

Mick, really enjoyed the pics. Quite impressive view and the planter looks dern professional. I didn't show up at the men's adult classes cause I didn't know where it was and wouldn't ask for directions!

off to it.
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Saturday!

Thanks for the startup bear!
          It's so amazing when we finally understand that thoughts, feelings & even cravings won't kill us. All we have to do is step back, recognize them for what they are & let them go
          Practicing mindfulness is a much healthier choice for all of us.

Mick, very nice pics! You do wonderful work
          Good luck on your treasure hunt tomorrow.
          YB stopped & picked up the new door for the chicken house yesterday. Now he needs to get it installed - I'm staying out of the way, ha ha. Looking forward to having my little buddy here, fun times for sure!

Sam, enjoy your motorcycle ride - heading north by any chance? LOL

Greetings to all & sending wishes for a great AF Saturday for all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL....

Bear...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Good job on staying in the moment.

Mick...Sorry for MIA yesterday. Lost the internet for most of the day. I'm on my own at the moment so had to rely on tech support to get it up and running again. The boys have everything running through a server and that's not my forte. Other than a visit with my Dad today, I've no plans for the rest of the weekend. Just trying to stay out of the smoke, everyone is having breathing problems. Great job on the planter and good luck with the treasure hunting tomorrow.

Sam...a farmers work is never done. Have a great ride.

Lav...good idea on staying out of YB's way. Enjoy your grandson today.

Off to put the kettle on. Have a Super Saturday all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,the midget joke made me laugh,I know that's bad but I couldn't help it,nice pics late check in for me,time just got away this morning, luckily I have make up applying down to a quick 10 minutes and ponytails are a stand by this summer, I hate to complain as I said I wouldn't but my allergies are on a rampage!!gonna try Lav's suggestion and look into allergy testing, the meds make me sicker,saline only goes so far and its just interrupting my life,anyways, sounds like everyone is doing well, Det,do I need to drive up there?? Please check in,much love to all hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X