Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Septembre Saturation day the 5th

what??!! where are the early birds??!!

gotta run but wanted to share a few bee pics. hope everyone is having a good one and beehaving themselves!!!
    Sam

ATTACH=CONFIG]1614[/ATTACH]

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

(weird how the files attached)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Samstone; September 5, 2015, 07:50 AM.
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Good Saturday morning Abbers!

Wow Sam, that's a lotta bees
    I would definitely be a little nervous handling all that - good for you!

I have no big plans for today but may end up meeting a friend for lunch.
    We finally did have a quick thunderstorm roll thru here yesterday at dinnertime yesterday. Maybe things won't be so dry & dusty now.

Greetings to all & sending wishes for a wonderful AF day!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning Sam, Lav and all to come.....

Running late for my Dad visit so gotta got. Nice pics Sam. Pouring with rain today and high of 38F....waiting for snow to appear.
      Will check in later.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hey everyone back after community event,went really well,I love my job when I get to do it,chatting to kids and parents on the estate,didn't even feel like work,or notice how cold it was.
        Think I'm getting bit of a cold so sofa,bubble bath,hot chocolate,kindle and bed.

Life is so much better,think meditation is helping me to bounce back from negative thinking cycles more quickly - and be more aware of it when I start to think in that way - so I can choose to think positive thoughts instead.I have 2 new positive capable women in my team - they will swing the balance and i am going to focus on them.
        Happy Saturday everyone and here's to the next 3 months(but 1 day at a time,if I think about it freaks me out - so I'm ignoring it)
        one day at a time

Comment

I started the post this morning at about 710 am....but I never checked that it had posted...and yep it didnt !!!apologies...just tried to recover it via auto content ..but nope....hope everyone has a great holiday...moi out early doors tomorrow....c yawl
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, lots of bees there Sam,sounds like everyone is doing well, have a peaceful rest of the day
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
              I started the post this morning at about 710 am....but I never checked that it had posted...and yep it didnt !!!apologies...just tried to recover it via auto content ..but nope....hope everyone has a great holiday...moi out early doors tomorrow....c yawl
              Here's the thread you started, Mick. https://www.mywayout.org/community/sh...y-sept-the-5th

Comment

Sam, is that smoke in your second photo?

Comment

Pie
                  yes it is. You smoke the bees with the metal smoker, it has a bellows on it to keep it going. It makes the bees think there's fire and they gorge themselves on honey. It calms them down, kinda like humans eating turkey. It also disrupts communication in the hive that it is under attack.
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Pi...great sleuthing on the missing thread, no wonder you won the ceeeegar for solving Mick's mystery tours. LOL

Sam...nice explanation on the smoke, always wondered why they did that. And of course since you've been talking bees again that's all I hear on the news. Bee farmer in Alberta had 6,000 stolen from him, the herbicide used on some crops affecting them and I think in the states (?) semi rolled over losing 60,000 to 80,000.

Bear...you sound so relaxed...great job on the new hires.

Mick...so what question were you looking up in the FAQ thread anyways? LOL

Pauly...hope you're having a peaceful evening.

High of 40F and has been raining all day which is better than last year's labour day when we got over 4 inches of snow! Good (indoor) visit with Dad and then home putzing around all day. Looking forward to book & bed.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                    X