Wenzdi 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wenzdi 9

Morning all.. How's we today then? All good? Well here are in Tenerife.. The view from the room was pretty rubbish so we complained about it and now fixed the view is quite good.. Not sure that I can get pics up but will try
    His Pauly how's you today? Hope all is well in the land UHF hair dressing... Get to Lav before she pupils here out!

Sam you sound busy mate. And that bike looks early good enjoy the fiddle fest.

Near don't let these assholes spoil your life. You are doing well..yep no one likes accusations against them but if you can hand on heart say to yourself that you have done your best that's what counts

Ppqp. You were always the boss there. He didn't delegate he abdicated... But ask yourself do I need the finances,the hassle will I enjoy the extra responsibility. If you answer no to any of them then forget it..enjoy your life
    Hi pie how's you today all good? Already phoned home to my friend.. Rabbits are OK...

Hiya ns you OK ?

Det how's you friend? Doing good?

Hiya Lav..last but def not least.. Don't be pulling your hair out..you'll end up like me! Strange isn't it.. I'm halfway around the world well Europe looking for sun and you want rain!!

BTW brews all round..apologies for the short post
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

good morning everyone
    thanks for the early morning brew, Mick. I needed it!!You're doing well posting with a phone, I would guess.

feels like the furnace went up a notch this a.m. Pauly, I agree with Lav, I don't know how you stand the 100°'s +. One of my siblings lived in AZ and said even though the humidity was low, it was still hot!

Lav, I hope you're right about the rain. I'm beginning to run out of pasture to rotate to.

PQ, funny how the time clock makes us look at what's ahead more carefully. I turned 60 this June and it was strange being out of work, lost my health insurance, just bought our farm with a house that could drain a wallet in a matter of minutes. Yet somehow, things seem to be working (so far!!!). This recent stock market quake would usually turn me inside out but I have not followed it hardly at all. For me, being sober has given me the opportunity to step back a bit and assess more objectively rather than reacting, which I'm sure you do anyway with your job, else you wouldn't be where you are.

NS, enjoyed your recent post in the Nest.

Just thinking, haven't seen a post from Sunflower for awhile.... Shout out to you if you're there and hope you are well.

Pie, what's the latest project in Pieland (is that near Burma?)?? How are the doggies?

Det, what's shakin, If I recall you are on a business trip?

off to meet the electric company about possibly moving a line, KA-CHING$$$$!!!

Later
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers & happy Hump day!

Cloudy, foggy, outside of windows all steamed up, yuck. Did I mention frizzy hair weather? Ha ha!!
      I see the forecast is calling for rain tomorrow, Saturday & Sunday - oh boy!

Mick, glad to hear you are following the sun
      Enjoy your vacation, don't worry about us, LOL

Sam, I am also doing my best to shield myself from the stock market fluctuations. I know if I allow myself to get reactive I'll end up creating a lot of stress that I can't do anything about, right?
      As far as I know my investments are OK - I'm just leaving it at that

PQ, there is something almost magical about turning 60, I think. Suddenly you are clearer about your 'wants' & 'don't wants'. Not every decision is driven by the number on your paycheck. Maintaining your health & peace of mind are even more important than the $$. I agree that finding another you to replace you would be extremely difficult :hug:

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a great AF day!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning All,

Surprised to see you here this morning, Mick, But thanks for the start up. Glad to hear Sandy and Zeuss are doing well, and likely not removing any wallpaper in your absence.

Nice looking bike there, Sam. Your Burma question cracked me up!

Happy Hump Day to you too,Lav.

PQ, if you take the GM position, you'll have the control over job descriptions. Delegate the stuff you don't enjoy to your replacement. You can always step down when it suits you.

Off to scan the job postings. See y'all later.

Comment

Mae everybody, was surprised to see Mick too Pie I've got to Google this vacay spot as I've never heard of it,Sam,heat usually doesn't bug me,however schools back in,there's Halloween crap all over,it just seems like fall but its 105,just kinda lingering on and its getting old,reminds me of when I lived in San Diego the weather was perfect all the time and it was monotonous, no change in season,jeez,what a dumb thing to bitch abouthaha,Lav,i Ihope yyou're enjoying the new mattress,I forgot to comment on it the other day,I'm jealous!was just thinking of Sunflower yesterday, time for a check in sweetie hello PPQP,Bear,Det hope we all have a great Wednesday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

evening all - back from work after long day at work,tired but feel ok. I am in PJs,cooked dinner from scratch and eaten 3 shortbread cookies - yumm!I think meditation may be starting to take effect a bit. Plan to read magazine,watch TV and have a bath with my aromatherapy oils.
            Not much else to add,ciggies still here.

Mick thanks for advice - you put it really simply - I'm going to focus on the good stuff - and block out the crazy shit that I can't control (other people in this case!)
            Hmmm - my slightly sweary version of the serenity prayer?!
            one day at a time

Comment

Ciggies still here too Bear with my sinuses I should NOT be smoking but bloody hell it's really hard! Harder than the booze I swear, the e-cig just sort of annoys me,oh well I'll keep at it

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm jealous of Mick! What a beautiful place

Comment

MAE ALL....took my son in to drop off his truck for service this morning and haven't stopped till now.

Mick...thanks for thinking of us and starting us off. Good to hear you were able to switch rooms, the view is half the holi. Enjoy. (Got a before and after pic?)

Sam...yup, I guess they're right when they say it's all relative. How bad was the quote from the electric company?

Lav...aw, thanks for that. I was just being a smart ass. My number 1 priority has become "Peace of Mind", everything else is just too exhausting. I for one am glad I'm out of the stock market game. Our company matches RRSP contributions up to 5% of your salary so contribute just enough to get the max free money and let the investment company do with it what they want. At this stage of my life I think the TFSA (Tax Free Savings Account) is the better way to go.

Pi...thanks for the advice. I remember Mick saying "you don't have to manage like your boss does" and I thought that's right, I don't. Did you snag a job posting?

Pauly...when it's -40 C/F I dream of "perfect all the time" but I would sure miss the changing seasons. It's like a time for renewal. No mention of sinus/allergies hope that means you're doing better.

Bear...whatever works. LOL You're sounding chilled tonight, good for you.

Lazy supper tonight, soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Have a peaceful evening all.....:smile:PPQP
                  Last edited by porqoui; September 9, 2015, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                    I'm jealous of Mick! What a beautiful place
                    :smiles: That makes two of us.

Comment

Working...
                    X