thu 10 sept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thu 10 sept

Morning - up at 530 with cat so thought I may as well get up!I plan to get in early to finish stuff off so i can leave early and get to my yoga class. Realising I need to look after ME and that is what that means.Feeling much better for having fresh cooked dinners with veg in too,I only need to cook twice a week as I make double so that's not too bad.Well worth the effort.

Mick I need to book my holiday - got 2 weeks off in 5 weeks and I can't wait.Prob just go away for 5 days and chill the rest of the time - be lovely though. Ok best get in shower and make smoothie,doing mindfulness just before I leave.

Have a great day everyone

Still on the sober bus,kind of feels normal now - but not complacent.I'm kicking ciggies at end of the month.
    one day at a time

Thanks for the start up, Bear. Big struggles for me the last two nights. It's when I'm not doing anything particularly entertaining, but not sleepy, and I just want to go numb. Will need to figure out a solution for this.

Hope you're all well.

Comment

MAE ALL and ALL to come.....

Bear...thanks for kicking us off. I still haven't figured out the healthy eating habit and tend to go for the fast food. Something for me to concentrate on.

Pi...:hug: Sorry you've been struggling. Thanks for sharing with us. The only thing that comes to my mind is when I found myself bored and the voice came a knocking I would get physical. Either walking or manic house cleaning. Anything to get my mind off AL and physically wear myself out. Perhaps the rest of the gang will have some better advice. Stay strong and stay close.

Looks like I have a fairly easy day ahead. Might actually get some back log finished. Have a productive day all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, slept weird last night, hate that!! Pie,maybe look into a class in the evening? A cooking class,dance,these are two that I'm considering,Ineed ssomething flexible though for the nights I have Louie,poor little guy is sick now btw PPQP,I'm right there with you on the fast food,I try to eat kinda healthy but I'm either short on time,nobody eats it or hell I just don't want to eat it either haha,Bear,have you ever tried quitting smoking before?last time I quit Iwent cold tturkey and didn't even care,this time is proving harder for some reason, anyways, hope everyone has a great Thursday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Aft noon all struggling to get on here the Internet isn't too grand. .just wanted to say. ..pie you can do it. ..is it better to get hammered and not remember the evening or find something that you enjoy. ...you can do it..big hug from here 2 u hope everyone else is ok..Paul how's louie
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

It's raining here - finally!!!
            We really need the moisture & I hope the temp drops accordingly. Yesterday's high temp broke some long standing record, ugh.

bear, good for you looking after yourself
            Make it a habit - a good habit.

Pie, I agree with PQ. Redirect your thinking when it turns south. It always works for me!
            I can remember pushing myself out the door & walking when walking was the last thing I wanted to do. Pulling out the gratitude list, reviewing & updating always helped too! Tuning into an online meditation is good medicine as well

Pauly, I hope Louie feels better quickly. They usually get sick & get better much faster than we do.
            All of my quit smoking attempts over the years failed because I always fell into 'it's OK if I have just one' thinking. Yeah, no, I can't have just one. I can't have just one of most things!! My final quit was spurred on by the same reason I quit drinking - my grandson. I didn't want to expose him to second hand smoke - end of story for me

Mick sent me a few pics on Facebook this morning. The poor soul is suffering terribly, ha ha!!! The water is blue, the cliffs are awesome looking & I told him no cliff diving or we'll have to kick his A$$, LOL

OK, going to see about getting myself to Curves. Have a wonderful AF Thursday everyone!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Agreed Lav,I hate Louie seeing me smoke he always says"no moke Nana" just gotta try and not think of smoking as a treat,supposed to rain here,hope so
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey, Pie. I hope today is a better day. My main tool in this (and most other things) is to compare the options, considering the logical outcomes. Sometimes the choice made doesn't feel all that great, but it is better than the alternative. Focusing on what I'm grateful for during the down times (even when it feels very forced and mostly I'm grateful that things aren't worse) really helps. :hug:

Comment

dang
                  it has taken forever to get on this site today. And it not my connection as I can get on other pages easily. Anywho,
                  thanks for thestart up Bear. Sounds as if you're finding "your way". Bad habits are formed but as you are doing... good habits are formed as well!

Pie, yep I agree, get busy so there's no time to listen to that other voice. Thinking of you.

PQ and Pauly, junk food is seems to be easier when I'm alone. When my wife is away, I tend to eat more junk, though I have not eaten any fast food stuff in a long time. PB&J is my junk food, chips, ice cream, cheese sammich!! PB and mayo used to be my big junker but I don't eat mayo any more. Haven't had a soda in a long time. They taste too sweet.

Lav, finally.... RAIN!!! Of course it is a festival weekend BUT I will not complain, so grateful to be getting anything. Pigges are getting to be around 200 lbs. Figure I'll be eating PB and sausage sammich.

Mick, how goes the travels Are in one place for a bit or traveling?

NS, I like the gratitude adjustment. Puts thing in perspective. There is much to grateful for.

back to work.
                  later friends

Finally brought it home. It only has one HP

Sam

IMG_1367.jpg
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Nice bike Sam
                    I can't believe your piggies are 20 lbs already - wow!! And I thought chickens grew fast.
                    My current flock of day old hatchlings arrived two years ago today. Facebook reminded me that I had posted a picture.

Speaking of Facebook pictures - I told Mick that we are going to take up a collection to buy him a good wig to cover that head of his that always gets sunburned!!! He's requested a blonde wig, ha ha!!!

Pie, how are you doing? Have you managed to quiet the old monkey mind?

Wishing everyone peace tonight!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                    X