friday the 18th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

friday the 18th

mornin folks...anyone ever see the film Mary Poppins?Julie Andrews and Dick van Dyke?..when he sings "back iin time back in time?"ok well here we go ...yesterday was the 19th ..today its the 18th da da.....

so how are we all today then?weekend coming up...poets day today.....the heating is on in our house today for the first time this year...:egad: little bit of ground frost too today..one of the things I forgot to mention was the entertainment at the hotel when we were on holiday..mostly pretty poor but coupla shows did stick out..one of them was a magician...we honestly thought it was a set up it was so crap it was hilarious..he had a top hat and after the usual bumf ..out pops 2 white doves..well in most cases they are ..in the el cheapo version it was 2 pigeons..one of which promptly flew away!!the other trick that was ace ..he had a box that he had a little terrier dog in which he would make disappear...no one told the dog and it kept sticking its head out..so we would go thru all the abra ca dabra guff and curtain waving and the dog would still be there looking at everyone..as a complete failure it was a roaring success!!

right brew time then

hiya pie hows you today then? all good ...hows the puppy doing?went up to my friends farm they have got another addition to their collection of animals...2 ferrets..didnt realise how cute they actually are ..as for cutting nails ..yes have to do the rabbits too..and as for latin..amo amas amatus amore
    nominative(subject), accusative (object), genitive (possession), dative (to or for someone/something), or ablative (by, with or from someone/something). The nominative is the subject of the sentence, and the person or thing doing the action...and then there are declensions on the nouns too..yep think I would have stuck with the film too!!
    preparing turnips ...peel or wash them after topping and tailing them..slice or dice them boil them up ..job done eat as so or add pepper..you can also mash them.

hiya Lav ...hows you today then?take it the objective was achieved yesterday?kids fed and watered until mother gets back?whats the latest craze with them? or is it still minions..Ive got a funny feeling that superman spider man the riddler and joker are going to make a comeback..or maybe thats in my head!!strating to prepare for my winter /spring plant up now..think Ill have another brew..you up for one?

Pauly ..hows you today then?hopefully all doing fine.....chilli for breakfast?hey had a lot worse than that!!I used to enjoy cold chilli on sandwiches too!!what did we do on holiday?did a lot of walking and bimbling about along the seashore,went to Loro Parque, went to the local market that was about it ..just chillin..as for eating...had fresh sardines..they were lovely,kalamari (squid in batter) and my favourite..Canarian wrinkled potatoes with mojo sauce..recipe at this link ..they are gorgeous

hope you have a good day.......:hug:

hiya ppqp...your post...MAE ALL.....could have sworn I popped in this morning...mebbe you did but yesterday was today..but you wouldnt notice cos this morning was yesterday morning,but technically it couldnt have been ,cos this morning hadnt happened yesterday morning,but this morning is happening this morning as we speak..easy innit?hows the gala prep going sans boss?he sounds like a real star he does!you do whats best for you!:hug:

hey wheres everyone gone ...bear sam sf ns det to name a few..as long as you are ok.........

right goodly bye and have a great weekend..

I saw a sign in the doctor's surgery today saying I was "welcome to breastfeed".

Apparently I'm not. And now my wife wants a divorce.

I was on a first date.

"How many women have you slept with?" she asked.

I said, "Do you want me to round it to the nearest ten?"

"Oh, I say. Go on then." she laughed.

I said, "Zero."

I asked a girl I was chatting to on the Internet if she fancied meeting up.

She said, "I'm not sure.... What if you're some weirdo? I've never even seen you!"

"Wierdo? Dont be daft!" I replied. "Shall we meet by the Burger King in town...at say 7?"

"Oh... Go on then!" She said. "I'll be wearing denim jeans and a yellow top so you can spot me."

"Fantastic!" I replied. "I'll be in a leather gimp suit and pink high heels."

Just seen pictures of Jeremy Corbin's induction to the Privy Council....
    Somebody must have told him that the dress code was "Smart homeless"...

Refugees in Hungary have been waiting for a train to arrive to pick them up for 24 hours. Buses were also supposed to have arrived but never came.

All good preparation for when do finally do arrive in London and experience Transport for London for the first time.

Wars and murders are expected to increase tenfold in the near future.........

Just as soon as Facebook introduces the dislike button.

I should've known the boomerang I bought online wouldn be up to much when I saw the seller had a no-returns policy.

I've got a crap job. It's the cause of most of my depression, gives me terrible health issues and pays me next to nothing, yet is the only job I've ever been able to do, so you can imagine how I felt when they said I was going to be replaced by a robot.

Luckily, it told them to fck off.

Elton John has been fooled in to thinking he was talking to Vladimir Putin on the phone.

Turns out it was Alexander the meerkat.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

hey mick,up ready for cleaners and to meet friend v oh in bristol. I'm very tired,long old week,glad to have a 3 day weekend.

Happy to be sober,not smoked since Sunday - not exercised this week so planning yoga tomorrow and gym tomorrow.Really noticing it,noticing mindfulness starting to kick in which is great. Just physically and mentally tired,need to sleep,exercise and eat good food.

I love mojo sauce Mick,and grilled fish,yummy,really fancy week in the sun.
    one day at a time

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,clicked on to the link sounds like a really good dish,however I decided to click on some of the info and got distracted with a bullfighting article, never realized what a horrific thing it is! I always thought the matador just teased the bull with a red blanket and ran around the pen trying not to get speared,never realized that they stab the bulls and stuff anyways I'm glad you had a nice getaway and that you wore your protective hat Pie gave you I gave poor hubs my sleeping probs,he's been waking up too early like I do,I told him maybe its cuz the season is changing and we're just adjusting, trying to get him to take me for my belated birthday dinner this weekend, probably Red Lobster cuz they have the unlimited shrimp deal going on,plus I have a coupon for 4 bux off,hello to Lav,Pie,PPQP,Bear,Sam,Det,hope everyone has a great Friday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Friday to all

We have another sunny & pleasant start to the day here, yay!
        Yesterday went well, even got my 'guests' out of here around 7:30 last evening. It helps with the sun setting earlier - confuses everyone, ha ha!!!
        Thanks for the coffee Mick! I am gearing up for another busy day, this time with my girls. My granddaughter is staying overnight tonight too!
        The mojo sauce looks interesting, I'll have to give it a try!

bear, good on your smoke free week! Have a good weekend!

I'm off to Curves now. Wishing everyone a great AF Friday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

the mojo sauce is ace...the green one is especially nice..yeh pauly bullfighting isnt the big brave sport that its cracked up to be ...nice when the bull wins tho
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Thanks for the info on the turnips, Mick. Still planning to try parsnips too, as I love root vegetables. They seem more suited to cooler weather though, so may wait a bit longer.

Hello Bear, Pauly, Lav and everyone. I worked with 13 year-olds today. There's an age I'll bet none of us would wish to repeat!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...:nutso: still trying to figure out what day it is. LOL The "star" didn't show up for work today either. Not fretting over the Gala preps as I've got mine done. Everyone else is having a hell of a time trying to decipher what he really wants. Much quieter day at work and looking forward to the weekend. Boy's are away so I get the condo to myself :yay: Planning on spending some time in the garden after my Dad visit tomorrow. Gotta take advantage of this weather before it's gone. Last year at this time we had 8 inches of snow!

Bear...you've had me thinking more and more about mindfulness. Going through some sh*t with the ex at the moment and I could probably use it. Enjoy your long weekend.

Pauly...don't you know better than clicking on links? LOL Hope you get your night out at Red Lobster, it's one of my favorite places I love lobster.

Lav...good job on the 7:30 end time. Enjoy your pajama party, at least you don't have to wait for someone to show up and pick her up.

Pi...parsnips are good too. Did you pick up some lasting healthy eating habit's from your border? You got that right, no more 13!

Not sure what I'm up to tonight, but first it's dinner. I have turnips from the garden. LOL Have a peaceful evening all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

PPQP,don't like lobster but I looove shrimp!they have a new spicy one I wanna try,ooh and red lobster's biscuits, I'd go just for those Pie,I'd HATE to be 13 again!18 maybe,alrighty look it anyways haha
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Here is the "I'm Alive" post Lots going on. I wasn't making enough at the Amish Store....so applied to another job close to home. Got hired rather quickly.....and I really had to do the math. As much as I love teaching yoga....I was really getting tired of having someone booked, schedule my whole day around it.....for them to cancel. So I decided to shelf the the yoga and cut all my clients loose.

I am now selling cell phones.....and honest to God....it is so much fun (so far). It is hard to explain but, in my past life...I was asking people to buy TV commercials and lets all hope it works. And at the end of the day....since consumption of media is so different.....it did not. Now I work a job that doesn't allow me to work off the clock....and I sell people "new toys". And guess what.....they work Right now I am clocking about 60 hours a week.....BUT....I literally have no drive time (2 minutes)......and I get paid overtime and commissions. And I get to put my hair in ponytail and leave for work. Store is under-staffed....so I am enjoying getting the extra hours.

So all is good here. Job keeps me busy...which is good. And I freaking love that I don't have to make "cold calls". Gosh, I did that for years and I am so over that. I do read posts daily.....but, I read it early in the day....and it hard to comment on anything.

I am good......I will continue to check in as much as I can. I think I am getting a better handle on the schedule. Love, love that I get to sleep in and not be to work until 10am. I am still a night owl.....but, this last week.....that meant going to bed at 9pm. Just the beginning is tough because you are learning so much new stuff.

So glad to see everyone is doing well.....and I am sure those that have not checked in (like me) will.

Comment

Working...
                  X