sattiday 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sattiday 26

mornin folks...hows yizall today then?well sun is shining here but its got a real autumnal feel to it..out detecting early doors tomorrow again..so brew time it is and here we go right on cue...

Hiya NS....hope you have a great trip this weekend...are grandchildren involved too?

mornin Det ...time to ge back on track again friend..what happened?

hiya Lav...hows you today then?so your guests went to sleep without a murmur?wow...as for moth eaten cabbages ...yes Ive got few of them....luckily some of the hearts are still good..so Im going to trim them back and try and over winter them under cover..heres a brew whilst you mull over how much money you have saved on fags n booze!!

hiya pie...cheap is good...free is ace!!good for you ..not a pleasant job,but come the colder weather itll be handier and warmer so good for you!

hiya Sam..how you then..has the puter been fixed yet?

hiya pauly ..and how are you today then?99c shops...weve got similar starting to appear ..99p..its certainly a cut throat market out there...best of luck on saving for tinternet provider ...you up to anything today?have a good one whatever you are doing :hug:

hiya ppqp...hail new boss ..seems like you are already ..why the long wait?can I make a little suggestion?August is a long time away..and yep they have said no interview etc..it wont take much just to jot down things you have done ,and decisions made ..just in case they turn bandit and do board you..so tell me what have you done since blah blah....then you can just produce the list..better still if you can give a result..ie I did this ..which resulted in financial saving /good publicity/saved us from bad publicity..you know the drift....meanwhile have a great day...

hiya bear and how are you today then?all good...great result you are doing ace..any plans for the weekend?

right folks for the offski..have a great weekend.....

I saw a fire blanket earlier.

Then I thought, "That's pointless, fires are warm enough as it is."

A cannabis forest has been discovered in London.

For the first 6 hours police thought they'd found Narnia.

My dream is to sleep with a fellow Insomniac.

The new CEO of VW is Sepp Blatter.

After hiding corruption in Football for years, he is the ideal man to cover up Polo and Golf.

I woke this morning to find my milk had gone missing off my doorstep.

I'm hoping police will print some pictures of it on some kids.

Selfies have killed more people than sharks this year.

Probably because sharks can't use cameras.

Will they ever give up?
    Now Volkswagen are trying to hide the truth by creating a smokescreen.

sam.....

My blind date asked me about my hobbies.

"I play a little guitar," I told her.

"Ooo," she replied, "I love a man who plays guitar."

One minute later, she seemed less impressed when I serenaded her on my ukulele.

Some crocodiles can grow up to 14 feet... But usually they only have 4!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

hey Mick - I'm good,tired as woke at 2 when OH came to bed - then couldn't sleep because I was thinking positive thoughts of what we have to do in our team at work!NOTHING planned for today and that is great,I may have a bath in a bit and have a home pedi,have a nap and do a yoga DVD after my nap.

Bought new curtains for bedroom and curtain pole and I'm planning to hit IKEA next month for two bedside cabinets £20 each. I also bought a jumper dress £10.
    Looking forward to moving bedroom furniture round next week when we move back in,and buying new lightshade £30 - I'm lucky I have relatively cheap taste!!Spent yesterday sorting out finances and have a plan to clear all of my debt in 12 months - which is realistic.

I feel so much freer - it's literally a weight being lifted off my shoulders.

Det - hope you're ok,do you mean you drank,or you were having a particularly hard time?

Hey PQ - it's good to be paid for it as you're doing the job already I'd say!

Love to Lav,Pauly,Pie,NS,SF and Sam - hope you all have a lovely and relaxing weekend.
    Lav - I'm like you,loving the transition into autumn /winter,the fresh tang in the air and the light, eating stews and curries and baked potatoes and soup and roast dinners and wearing tights and boots and new scarves
    one day at a time

Comment

morning all
      the computer saga is drawing to a close, works fine BUT all my photos have been lost. Hoping there's a way to recover them. Suppose to play at a clay festival tomorrow. Pottery and all that. Should be a good time. Tonight the wife and I are going to a house concert put on by my fiddle teacher. She was born in raised in England and has done a cd commemorating the mining community. It is a collection of songs and poems from North Staffordshire and some from the Appalachians. The cd is called "Never take a Daisy Down the Mine". Should be a good time. I really enjoy house concerts, such an intimate way to see a performance.

Mick, thanks for the brew, happy treasure hunting to you!

Bear, sounding good, there. Glad you are enjoying being sober, so much "funner" than fretting over whether to have a drink or not!!

Det, if possible check in as often as you can, it may help.

off to it good friends
      Sam

p.s.: english lesson below:

Last edited by Samstone; September 26, 2015, 08:32 AM.
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, yucky nights sleep again but oh well,really what can I do about it? If I'm up,I'm up,didn't even go to the 99 cent store yesterday, went to lunch at Olive Garden with Bobbi instead she's in town for the last catering job of the year,we ate then came home and watched law and order svu,luckily I had cleaned up the night before so I didn't have to do any cleaning at all yesterday, was supposed to do laundry but I CBA,hello to all and I hope we all have a nice Saturday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Samstone, I don't usually post here but I went to a house concert last night too! Having never heard of such a thing before, imagine my surprise when I read your post. Is this a common thing that I have missed or just the wave of the future?

Comment

Lizann
            glad to see you here! House concerts have been around for awhile, though I too have been going for just a couple of years. I'm fortunate because my fiddle teacher has them occasionally through out the year; sometimes several,sometimes none. One of my favorite ones I saw Kevin Burke, an Irish fiddler, who was really wonderful!

Stop by again!

Sam
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

house concert sounds amazing,our local pub once had a bluegrass band play and connected over skype with some bluegrass musicians in the US and they played together.
              Blew my mind!!
              one day at a time

Comment

Greeting Abbers!

Never checked in this morning, sorry. My grandson woke everyone up at 5:30 this morning so it was a rough strat, ha ha!!!
                All quiet now & I'm watching TV coverage of the Pope's visit to Philadelphia. They have 70 different police agencies providing security, unprecedented. There have been masses, parades & now a concert going on, pretty good!

Good luck treasure hunting in the morning Mick!

bear, in honor of all the fresh fruits in season around here I baked a peach pie today - yum.
                Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Sam, I just heard an interview on NPR recently where an artist said she prefers home concerts as a less stressful way to introduce her musical pieces & get immediate feedback.
                I hope you enjoy the evening!

Pauly, last minute change of plans can be fun too
                Hope your day went well.

Hi there Lizann!

Hello to everyone else yet to stop by. PQ, Det??
                Peace to all tonight.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                X