firsdi wite rabbitz day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firsdi wite rabbitz day

mornin all and how are we today then?all good I hope..I am out early doors tomorrow...like 5 am!!so what are we up to today then?now that we are into october?

brews all round..

Hiya NS...hope your lows arent too low..as for the booze ..it is good that it isnt a main feature in life now..as we speak ,downstairs I have a bottle of 8 year old whisky that I bought the other day...itsfor a farmer for letting me on his land..it was one of my faves..and do you know the thought hasnt even entered my head of necking it..in days of yore ..even at this time of the morning..I guess I would have had a sniff!

hiya Sam ..hows you today then?feeling any better?hope so..you out and about today?

hey bear apologies ..never saw you had started a post yesterday!!hope all is well with you ..

hiya Lav...hows you then?temp measures put in place to stop the horses!!you still getting rain?its frosty and sunny here ..rain from the weekend on..you minion minding...or on battleship watch?whatever heres a brew to start ..

hey ppqp..hows you then?and pauly and det?

hiya pie..how are you ?David Cameron sends his thanks for the pig pin up!!:egad: you any plans or projects on the go?

well thats it short n sweet!!!

have a great day those here and those not..........

"Mummy, Mummy! can I have this plesaseeeeeeee?"
    "No Damien, put it back I've told you before comics are a waste of money"

"Will there be anything else miss?"
    "Errr two lucky dips on the Euro and 4 scratchcards please"

Once saw Meatloaf in a restaurant choking on a piece of German sausage.

I saved his life that night.

I took the wurst right out of his mouth

I've just got a cracking deal on a brand new VW Golf TDi. Only £2,000.
    The only downside is the road tax is £25,000 a year.

Smoking in cars while children are present is now banned.

An exception had been made for drivers of VWs and Audis because Police will be unable to determine the source of the fumes.

The new law takes effect today, that it's illegal to smoke with children in your car.

I'm taking great pleasure in driving all day, not smoking, whilst I have four 16 year old's, chain smoking whilst I drive.

As they are under 18 and classified as children, get out of that one, stupid lawmakers.

I just have to say on behalf of the farmers association , the recent demonstration in Asda with the cows was not a protest, the thick bstards got lost .

Yours Sincerely

The Cows .

A woman stopped me in the street and said, "Would you like to put your hand in your pocket for Children In Need."

I said, "Sure, I normally give money, but if you think it will help."

"Childbirth pain greatly exaggerated", according to a survey of 1000 men.

Tired of busy city streets?

Simply wear a bright jacket with a charity name on the back and watch people swerve you.

Police are seeking a man who has so far stabbed six people to death with knitting needles all in the same area.
    He seems to be following some sort of pattern..

I've just been reading that, by law, you have to turn your headlights on when it's raining in Sweden.

And I'm thinking, "Who the fck's going to let me know when it's raining in Sweden?"

My blonde girlfriend put my dinner on the table. I took a bite, then ran to the sink and held my mouth under the tap for ten minutes.
    When I'd regained the power of speech, I said, "What the FCK did you put on my dinner?"

She said, "Umm...just a bit of pepper."

"What, normal table pepper or a bloody chilli pepper?!"

"I don't know," she replied, "I didn't check the can before I sprayed it on."

There was a man who worked for the Post Office whose job it was to process all the mail that had illegible addresses.
    One day, a letter came addressed in a shaky handwriting to God with no address. He thought he should open it to see what it was about.

The letter read:

Dear God,

I am an 83 year old widow, living on a very small pension. Yesterday someone stole my purse. It had £100 in it, which was all the money I had until my next pension cheque.
    Next Sunday is Christmas, and I had invited two of my friends over for dinner.

Without that money, I have nothing to buy food with. I have no family to turn to, and you are my only hope.

Can you please help me?

Sincerely,

Edna

The postal worker was touched. He showed the letter to all the other workers. Each one dug into his or her wallet and came up with a few pounds. By the time he made the rounds, he had collected £96, which they put into an envelope and sent to the woman.

The rest of the day, all the workers felt a warm glow thinking of Edna and the dinner she would be able to share with her friends.

Christmas came and went.

A few days later, another letter came from the same old lady to God.

All the workers gathered around while the letter was opened.

It read:

Dear God,
    How can I ever thank you enough for what you did for me? Because of your gift of love, I was able to fix a glorious dinner for my friends. We had a very nice day and I told my friends of your wonderful gift.

By the way, there was £4 missing.

I think it must have been those b.stards at the Post Office!

Just been chatting to a girl called Miss Stone on a dating website..."I feel awkward calling you Miss Stone." I wrote, "What's your first name?" "Guess." she replied back. "Okay" I wrote. I took another glance at her profile picture, "Is it Twenty?
    Last edited by Mick; October 1, 2015, 03:32 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

good morning all
    Thanks for the brew Mick. Enjoyed the postal joke. Looks like rain for the next couple of days. Possible himacane coming our way. Suppose to play at a farmer's day at a local distillery for $100 and a bottle of whiskey. Made me think of your comment to NS, Mick. I haven't had whiskey in the house for a long time, but have bought beer for a guy doing work around here on a hot day. He wanted one so I went and got it. Hadn't bought any beer in awhile. I had ice tea while he drank the beer. Wasn't tempted!! So I guess I'll take the whiskey and give it to someone as a gift, after there are those who can drink without going totally stupid, just not me.

off to it, sure all the bread and milk is gone from the stores by now.
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Morning Mick, I haven't yet googled David Cameron, but can guess what his connection to pigs might be if it made the headlines!

Hi Sam, I can relate to your comment, " there are those who can drink without going totally stupid, just not me."

Imagine I'll get to the point where having booze in the house won't bother me, just not there yet.

Not sure what direction I'll head in today. It's awfully nice to have some flexibility.

Happy October to Abber friends yet to stop by.

Comment

Mae everybody, stupidly drank Monday I had horrendous anxiety and I just didn't know what else to do,I haven't had anxiety this bad in 8 years,sure I've had anxious days here and there but nothing like this,no excuse but I justdunno wwhat's wrong with me lately,just felt creepy, hope everyone has a nice Thursday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Happy October to everyone!
          Thanks for the start up Mick & the coffee too
          Yep, still raining here & cool too. Looks like the weekend will be nasty with hurricane wind & rain, ugh. Good luck on your hunt for treasure tomorrow!

Hi there Sam & Pie!
          Come to think of it there hasn't been a bottle of whiskey around here in many years & that's OK with me. The guys buy themselves a little beer from time to time but that has never been much of a temptation for me. We all seem to be doing fine keeping the place AF

I am running to Curves between raindrops & probably stopping at the supermarket to see what's left on the shelves, ha ha! I am not scheduled to watch any kids today so I guess I can get some work done in my shop.

Greetings to all, have a great AF Thursday!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Pauly - cross post.

Glad to see you again :hug:
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hey everyone,back after tiring day of training in London,brain hurts - learnt tonnes and feel inspired.
              I'm going to spend fri pm researching community work ad how I plan to develop team/share learning with others.

Working at home tomorrow,yay!Now in PJs on sofa,got lush sushi selection in fridge and choccy mousse,present to me - from me

I'm not as booze free as I thought,has only been 3.5 months not 4,oh well,I'll et there.

Pauly - it's finding different strategies to manage anxiety,it does seem to have been bothering you for a while.What haven't you tried yet that may be worth a go?What were you doing differently when you have felt good in the past?

Sorry you're having a hard time too NS,good that booze isn't a feature of it.
              Hey to Mick,Sam,Lav - Ive had booze in my house all along,just not stuff I'd like - proseco/wine is out of bounds for me or craft beers,especially IPA - someone seriously needs to make an AF one!

Lazy night tonight - in PJs already,I'm sleeping loads atm and really deeply too.Whole lotta Nothing planned tonight and that's brilliant.Tomorrow I'm at the gym,more for mental benefit than anything,will be cardio BUT not killing myself v spinning if I'm not up to it.
              Happy Thursday - thank f**k it's nearly the weekend.
              one day at a time

Comment

Hey Pauly, It's my opinion that relapses are part of the addiction that we're all trying to get past. Common sense tells me that a long, unbroken string of AF days is healthiest, but every sober day counts as a win. Celebrate your progress, my friend. :hug:

Comment

MAE ALL....

Been a couple of busy days for me and then haven't been able to get onto the thread. Could get MWO to load but when I clicked on the thread got the dreaded "404" error. I know that error message as I managed to screw up the community garden website and that's all that would come up. LOL

Doc has got me slated for a ton of blood work and other tests. It's not Rheumatoid Arthritis and I will never be able to remember/repeat the name. Apparently it effects the neck, lower back and irises! Paperwork is in the car but I will let the "nurses" on the thread know the test they're going to run and maybe you can tell me.

Mick...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Don't you just love the fall! So many colors. Good luck with your adventure tomorrow.

Sam...hope the himacane doesn't materialize. I will watch the news. All my AL gifts were re-gifted, helps with the Xmas expenses.

Pi...so what direction did you end up going today? I still won't have alcohol in the house. The people I have over know I don't drink. They're more than welcome to bring their own but must take any leftovers with them. Don't need the temptation. I totally agree with what you said to Pauly. Celebrate we will.

Pauly...hope you're feeling better. :hug: Don't know what I can add other than I'm so glad you don't quit quitting. I know it's hard to post that you've drank and I'm glad it doesn't take you weeks to get back. Hang in there, it'll only get better.

Lav...hope the storm passes quickly without too much damage. Thinking of you.

Boss gave me the afternoon off, hence the post. It's a gorgeous day out there so am going to go out and enjoy it since I'll be hibernating on Saturday during the snowfall. Hope it's a blip and we get more Indian Summer out of October. Will check back later.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                  X