toosdi...after mondays Sunday fred!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

toosdi...after mondays Sunday fred!!

mornin all...how are we today then?all good hopefully ...well today for me is defo a day of enforced nothing ...my knee is really sore...and yep got the dawn chorus of .."told you so ..see you never sit still,you were told to rest it ....etc etc ..you know the drilll!!anyways..thats it today...
    Almost finished the drain hopper ...just needs a couple more coats of varnish..the kite adn G stamp mark are cast into it so I painteed them actually as they are ..anyways ..brew time...

Hiya Sam...best of luck mate with getting help on the veying job...would certainly help you if I was there ...but my knowledge is very limited to using dumpy levels and staffs!!yep the Romans definitely were all over the place in Britain...in fact Britain got its name from the Romans
    This comes from the land of the britons ( a tribe present in the country 2000 years ago). The romans on their invasion called the island 'Britannia' as a result (hence the song - Rule Britannia!) after this tribe. The name Britain became a shortened version of the 'Britannia' name.
    The 'great' in Great Britain was added to differentiate between the large island of Britannia and a smaller area in north west France, also occupied by britons. Therefore, this area became 'Lesser' Britannia and became eventually known by the French as 'Bretagne', or as we call it today, Brittany.

history over mate!!

hiya pauly ...how are you today then ? hope you had a better sleep..think you are right its the body clocks changing...after all apart from loonies like me who wants to get up at dark o clock?

hiya Lav...chestnuts over the fire ...christmas memories again..doing nish today...if ...and its a big if I feel better tomorrow Im going detecting ...last chance before it is seeded on Thursday if not tough!!!little bit of frodst this morning tho nothing heavy..you up to much today ...work,minions battleships,funicular railways ...boy you got it all..sit down with this brew first!!btw you can tell that bull of sams is friendly ...it aint got a horn digging in yer leg!!

hiya pie ...well how did the dogs get on?did it all work ok?you mentioned pack...how many have you got?

hiya bear ...hows the man flu..yep it does exist!!sorry bout the accident...much damage done....?big congrats on your 4 months ..well done you!!you are an inspiration to all who wanna stop...few false starts ,but eventually outtta the pits!!..and the thing is you never gave up...the biggie so well done...

hiya Mary jo..hows you today then?sounds like you had a good weekend there...you aren right dont quit quitting...secondly ..your job ..look at it this way ..its a means to an end ..it pays the way for your life outside of work..instead of dreading it ..why not turn it into a laugh?you gotta go whether you are sad or happy so turn it into a game..have a laugh hum to yourself whistle just hae a good craic....youll be amazed at what you can do..it might even getting you liking your job...in my last job ,staff and "clients" though I was off this planet..but I actually enjoyed it at times and generally was a clown who got the job done...once you can do that ..you wont need the monday night el vino paiinkiller...what I will say is you are honest enough to say oops got some wine and also that you aint quit quitting..as for moderation ..cant comment never done it (successfully) nor would I want to now..stick at ..you will win!!

hiya ns ...Det and ppqp...hope you are all ok...

right peeps off to do lots of ...nuffink!!!

20151013_070730.jpg

At a dinner party the other night my wife tried to embarrass me by telling our guests about an argument that's been ongoing in our house hold.

'Yes' she said smugly 'he's well trained, I have constantly reminded him to put the seat down after he's used the toilet and like a good little boy, he now does as he's told'

They all started laughing at me then one of her friends turned to me and said 'ha, totally under the thumb aren't you!'

'No not really' I replied calmly 'I'v just been peeiing in the sink for the last 6 months'

I spoke to my mate who works in body art.

I said, "Have you ever done a henna tattoo?"

He said, "No mate, only humans."

This tramp and his girlfriend were arguing like mad in the park. All of a sudden he poured his meths over a bench and set fire to it.

"What the fck are you doing? " I yelled at him.

"She can leave me if she want's, " he said, "but she aint getting the house. "

It has been made known that Facebook have only paid just over £4,000 in taxes in the UK this year.

A spokesman for Facebook has said, "This has been reported, and we have asked for the post to be removed. "

All Oxford butchers are now having to declare their pork products are 100% David Cameron free.

Carol Decker has let it be known that she wanted to play an evil villainess in any of the batman films.

T'pow!

Police have reported the theft of kaleidoscopes in Manchester, Leeds and London.

Detectives believe they've started to see a pattern forming.

There was an old woman in front of me at the checkout in Tesco today.

She said, "I've dropped my purse and I can't bend down to pick it up."

I said, "In that case, you won't mind me moving in front of you, while you keep trying."

Some clown at the traffic lights was clearly looking for a race. Sure enough, the lights went green, and he disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

I love my flamethrower.

My two Rottweilers can protect the house from any burglar.

Unless they bring a Hoover with them.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good morning all
    dang Mick, sorry to read about the knee. unfortunately it's not just one day's rest. Also, arnica gel is good stuff. Do take care of yourself. Look at the 'veying job yesterday, mountainous it is. Large rock outcrops, etc. The person has a limit on costs but I can't do it for nuttin. We'll see how it shakes out. Like the kaleidoscopes joke!

Mary Jo, sorry I've not greeted you properly, glad you are here. I've always considered for myself moderation as just a tease, but we are all different. Whatever your decision may be, don't let it deter you from posting.

My son is coming over to do a bit of rock work, hope to get near completion.

Here's a shot of the twins, if you look you can see the other ones face at the udder, that's cause she's on the udder side of the cow!

IMG_1442.jpg

be well good friends
    Sam

I don't know why these things are turned sideways!!
    Last edited by Samstone; October 13, 2015, 08:01 AM.
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,rest up,Sam,cute pic congrats to Bear on 4 months!!! Still sleeping crappily ho him,hello to all,have a nice Tuesday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

owww Mick - be careful with that knee,i'm guessing resting doesn't come very easily to you!

Thanks for congrats - I'm inching closer to the end of my week at work,I'm out of the office again tomorrow - yay! On sofa with the man flu,luckily both cars seem fine - wake up call for me.Weekend with parents has really made me reflect on the behaviours I grew up with and experienced while growing up.This below all may sound very harsh and judgemental of them,it isn't meant to - I love them and I am still feeling pretty emotional.

Pretending everything is fine,but making constant snipes,shouting,name calling, showing by body language how unhappy,disapproving you are. Being focused solely on your own problems,but not doing anything about them.Isolating yourself and being very sedentary 'why do you want to do that' for any hobby or interest. Always looking on the negative side of everything,never trust anyone, don't be 'cocky'.

Harsh words, lots of 'you're this,you're that' - eating, drinking and shopping as the only forms of recreation.

I'm different to my parents,politically,in terms of what I value and how I see other people and friendship.

I can really see what I've picked up as normal and what is 'relaxing' (constantly doing nothing!) I can see they both are depressed and my mum is very anxious,but won't do anything about it,even talk about it,choosing to be in victim mode in relationship,not seeing GP for anything etc etc.

Just needed to get this out,lotta thinking going on and re learning what it means to 'treat myself'
        Have a good day everyone.
        one day at a time

Comment

Bear, 4 months! Way to go!

Love the Rottweiler joke, Mick. Dog meeting went well between my pack of three, plus the one I'm minding through Saturday, and the new one who will come back to spend the weekend.

Is Friendly Bull the father of the twins, Sam?

Sorry to hear of the crappy sleep, Pauly. My sleep is very restful and restorative since going AF. On the downside, I've gained 15 lbs, one for each month of sobriety I guess.

Need to work on things for my Dad today. He's been in a skilled nursing facility, and now ready to go home. Requires lots of coordination, so best get started.

Greetings to everyone else.

Comment

I really thought I posted this morning - apparently not, ha ha!

I watched my grandson for a while then dropped him off at preschool at 11:30 this morning.
            This afternoon I got a call from my daughter desperate for help so I got in the car & went there. It seems that my granddaughter's preschool has decided they don't want her - she was dismissed. What? Thrown out of preschool?? That's freaking insane!!! So I brought her home with me for a few days while her parents do what they have to do (going to school & work themselves). Then they are going to have to find a new preschool/daycare for her. What a bummer
            She's been good as gold for me this evening although I know she can be a bit of a crybaby around strangers. Aren't most 4 year olds??

Mick, I hope you are healing that knee of yours. Be careful, no sudden twists or turns

Sam, what a fabulous picture!
            Good luck on the surveying job.

Hi there bear, Pauly & pie!

I hope everyone is OK. I need to go unwind after this crazy day.
            Peace to everyone tonight!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

oy oy ABerooos!

looks like a fairly small group today. Hope all absent are good and well.

Mick, I've recovered from some bad knee/ankle injuries and somehow I'm good as gold now. Maybe just got lucky... dunno. hoping the best for you buddy.

Bear, 4 months is ab fab! and yes family can be so challenging. I hate the way my inlaws treat each other... just how you described.

Lav, in kiddo rescue mode. you need a superhero cape for all the work you do for youngsters!

Sam, great pic udderly loverly

Pie, is your dad coming to live with you? quite the labor of love

well, about a 400 mile drive tomorrow with lots of stops along the way. going to be a loooong day so here's to a great nights sleep

Heya Pauly!

well, off to putz around a bit and wind down.

be well loves
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi, Abbers! Life is crazy at the moment and I feel like I should be in 3 different place (1000 miles apart) so am a bit stressed but feel good knowing I can handle it without a very unreliable crutch.

Lav, I hope the school didn't make your granddaughter feel bad - it is a strange situation, especially if there weren't many previous issues. I hope she ends up in a better school.

"Udder side of the cow "???? oh, Sam!! :smile:

Sorry about out your knee, Mick. I can tell that you probably aren't one to sit well. I hope you heal quickly.

Congratulations, Bear!

Pie, you're lucky to sleep well. I don't and right now I'm one time zone to the west and keep waking up at 4:30 .

Hi, Pauly! And Det! I was typing so slowly, I missed your post.

Comment

Working...
                X