the sunday fred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the sunday fred

hi folks ..as we speak ..I am literally going out of the door!!apologies for not talking to each and everyone of you ....but pie...specail menshun to you ..as ns said it wouldnt have mattered what if you had wanted to drink you would have ..so well done you:applouse:thats what its about ..regaining the control of your life not some poxy bottle great job

hey pauly hows you ..4 days have gone ...sign up to newstart .com..we are here!!

hi bear you doing ok ..be strong ....

gotta go folks 2n quarter hr drive ..knee aint that great yet !!!have a good day alll
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all, seems like an early start, Mick. Be kind to your knee my friend.

Pie, glad you held on. Those moments are fleeting and should be viewed as such. Still, I get it in regards to taking care of the parents, boy do I get it. NS, sage advice re toolbox.

Lav, frost your way this AM? We got two eggs yesterday from the new hens, tiny but a start! All the old birds are molting and on strike.

Pauly, how's you be doing? Settling down?

Bear, feeling better? Glad you're able to put things in their proper place. Take marshmallows last night??

NS, what going on over in your neck of the woods? Fun stuff for the day?

Det, everything coming up garlic these days? Hope you are well.

Off for a brew, a little time before the day, and maybe some toones this afternoon

Later
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Morning Mick, Sam, and Abbers to come.

Surely was an uncomfortable couple of hours last night, wanting to escape the stress and turmoil in my world, and knowing that alcohol would be the quickest fix. But you're right, I didn't actually want to go down the drinking road; I don't want to be that person anymore.

NS, thanks for reaching out with suggestions on others ways to relieve the stress; I did take a bath, and it helped. Also grateful for your consistent messages about what it means to get support online, the honesty it requires, and my responsibility to ask for help. Over time, and with practice, that has sunk in for me.

So, crisis averted. A new day, and a fresh pot of coffee await. Thank you!

Comment

Good Sunday morning Abbers

Mick, good luck today & take care of your knee, please!!!

Sam, yep, we had a light frost overnight, first of the season. I think tonight will be even colder.
        I seem to be getting 12 eggs/day from 24 hens so I guess half of the strikers are off the picket line, ha ha!! There's plenty of feathers flying around out there so some are definitely still molting. Have yourself a great day

Pie, I just read last night's posts & I have to say - good for you for ignoring the AL voice.
        After three decades of dealing with patients with dementia I can say I totally understand your frustration. What you described with your Dad is pretty typical, honestly. The PD's & hospitals are completely used to dealing with it too so don't feel bad on their account. Has your Dad been evaluated by a psychiatrist? I ask because I witnessed some remarkably good results when people had their meds managed by a psychiatrist instead of their GPs. Just something to think about :hug:

Hello to the rest of the crew & I wish all of us a good AF Sunday.
        My granddaughter will be returning this evening for another week of fun - oh boy!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hey everyone,back from overnight stay,today is onesie,book,sofa cat and leftover curry
          I'm noticing I still have plenty thoughts of 'should' do this,'should' do that - exercise,tidying,cooking and planning healthy menu etc.

I'm letting myself do nothing anyway today,and hoping one day to be 100% comfortable with that. This week coming I want to go away for a few days,sleep,exercise and get eating better (to feel better) - still going to have choccy and treats but may make healthier versions.

Glad to be sober today,and be resting,just need my mind to slow down a bit which will take a bit of time I think,it usually takes me a few days.

Pie - sending you positive thoughts,you handled all of that stress incredibly well, today is better even just because of no alcohol.

Pauly - keep on keeping on,what coping techniques/distraction could you use next time?Believe me I know how it feels to be on and off,and I still could be so I'm not taking anything for granted. Keep on keeping on.

Hey to Sam,Mick and Lav too hope you all have a good day - lazy hens and over active pigs,what's going on??
          one day at a time

Comment

Working...
          X