Friday 23 ..poets day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday 23 ..poets day

hiya folks how are we today then?all good hopefully....its the weekend comoing up...any planz anyone..?
    firstly ..big shout to those not here ,Masry Jo,Pauly .Det SF, NS ppqp..(its like a code this):congratulatory:and of course bear on her jollibobs...and anyone else Ive forgotten...

ok brew time..norra lot going on at the mo..did my exercises which certainly do help..also might go back to swimming again...anyways...brew time

hiya Sam hows you today then mate?hows things rockin?any gigs coming up over the weekend?have a good one whatever matey..

hiya pie how are you today then?hopefully well....any update on the dog situation ?thats pretty sad..not really had a great time of it have they...and whats more ..if your judicial system is anything like ours..need I go further?some mickey mouse sentence!have you anything lined up for the weekend?

hiya Lav...hows you then?all well?yep the conservatory looks nice mbh...Julie spends most of her life in it!!nope sticking to exercises and doing as I am told..interesting tho ..the medical advice was to rest and do zilch..and yet physio is to exercise for short periods..surely one is wrong?maybe its because the diagnosis was wrong..anyways heres a brew for you..hows the apprentice today?

well folks that was kinda short ..but not everything happens all the time ...somethings happen sometime,other times nothing happens,but then most of the time nothing happens until something happens.....

ok have a good one....now a couple of riddles

what 2 things is can you not eat for breakfast

not very heavy ..yet the worlds strongest man cannot hold me for long

you may chase me ..but I will always be about 3 miles from you....

What is a word made up of 4 letters, yet is also made up of 3. Sometimes is written with 9 letters, and then with 4. Rarely consists of 6, and never is written with 5.

is an older $100 bill worth more than a newer one?

A Japanese ship was sailing in the Pacific Ocean. The Japanese captain of the ship put his diamond chain and Rolex watch on a shelf, went to get a shower and returned ten minutes later. Now listen carefully, as I will only tell it once: When he returned, both the chain and the watch were missing!! He called the crew of his ship together. There were four of them. A British guy was the cook of the ship. The captain asked him: "Where were you the last ten minutes?" And the cook answered "I was in the cold storage room to select the meat for lunch". A Sri Lankan was the house keeping guy. The captain repeated his question to him, and learnt that the Sri Lankan was at the top of the ship correcting the flag which had been put upside down. An Indian guy was the engineer maintaining the ship. Same question, and the Indian told that the he was in the generator room checking the generator. A French guy also served on the house keeping crew. Same question, and the French told that he was sleeping after the night shift. Within ten seconds the smart captain caught the thief. Who was the thief? How did the captain find him?

A cowboy rode to an inn on Friday. He only stayed two nights but left on Friday. How could that be?

jokes

A guy goes into his local bank and says to the manager, "I'd like to borrow £100,000 to open a cheese factory in Cheshire. It's gonna be great."
    " Hold on a minute", says the bank manager. "There's already a company called Cheshire Cheese - you're gonna have to come up with something better than that."
    The guy comes back next week, and says, "Right I've got it. I want to borrow £200,000 to open a cheese factory in France. It's gonna be called Brie Cheese."
    "I'm afraid that one's already there too," says the bank manager. "Brie Cheese is world famous, so I can't lend you the money for that."
    In a last ditch attempt, the man comes back in the following week. "Right", says the man, "I've got it. I want to borrow £500,000 to open a cheese factory in Israel."
    "Oh, now we're talking," says the bank manager. "What are you going to call it?"
    The man smiles proudly and says, "Cheeses of Nazareth."

What's a foot long, made of leather and sounds like a sneeze?

A shoe

The way to tackle childhood obesity is not by putting a tax on sugar.

It's by putting tacks in sugar.

World's oldest paperboy, Ted Ingram, has died at the age of 95.

As a tribute, his ashes were thrown into a river as his family drove speedily over the bridge.

Blackpool tower needs a new lick of Paint.

So the foreman in charge finds three men who could do the job. An English man, an Irishman and a Scotsman.

The Scotsman is first to see foreman. The foreman asks, "how much will the job cost in total?"
    The Scotsman says "3,000 pounds."
    "That's great," says the foreman, "could you break that down for me, please?"
    "Certainly," says the Scot. "That's 1,000 pounds for materials, 1,000 pounds for the labour and 1,000 pounds for myself."
    "That's fantastic, I'll let you know if you've got the job soon," says the foreman.

Next up is the Englishman.

The foreman asks the Englishman, "how much will the job cost in total?"
    The English man says, "6000 pounds."
    "That's lovely," says the foreman, "could you break that down for me, please?"
    "Of course," says the Englisman. "That's 2,000 pounds for materials, 2,000 pounds for the labour and 2,000 pounds for myself."
    "That's reasonable, I'll let you know if you've got the job soon," says the foreman.

Next to come in is the Irishman.

The foreman asks the Irishman "How much will the job cost in total?"
    The Irish man says "9,000 pounds."
    "Oh, I see," says the foreman, "could you break that down for me, please?"
    "By jeebus, of course, laddy,' says the Irishman. "That's 3,000 pounds for myself, 3,000 pounds for you, and we'll get that Scottish git to do the job for 3,000."
    Last edited by Mick; October 23, 2015, 09:25 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    Mick, good riddles there, have to take he time later in the day to re-read and see what I can finger out. Like the shoe joke! Glad you've got a program to get you on the mend. Rock work coming along but can only do a little bit at a time. Did some 'vying yesterday afternoon, almost forgot how. not really, like riding a bike. Very nice pics Mick.

Today, farm visiting on the menu, then off to see Kevin Burke play fiddle tonight. Tomorrow I'm playing for some benefit thingy and then up to our cabin to play toones with some other folks.

What's everyone else got going this weekend? Hope you all are well. Looks like a few MIA.

Be well
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Friday to all

Tacks in sugar Mick? Yeah, that should work, LOL
      It's quiet here this morning without my apprentice. She's back on her home turf now & looking forward to starting her new preschool on Monday
      Good you are taking care of your knee properly. Swimming may be a very good idea but no high diving!!

Sam, the weather seems to be holding despite the cold front moving in last night. We even had a light rain shower.
      I hope you have lots of fiddle fun this weekend

I'm going to Curves, have missed it these past two weeks while the little one was here, yay!
      Hello to everyone & sending wishes for a great AF day!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hey everyone just back,prague was beautiful and gig last night was really brilliant. popped to aldi and am going to save tonnes on monthly food shop ground coffee and chocolate is amazing.
        Now on sofa.laundry on,may have doze in minute.

Prague has tonnes of af beer and lots of yummy veggie food - not half bad either
        I'm coming up to 5 months in week or so - can't believe it,need to focus on weight now - all gone back on I think.It will come off again.

this weekend am getting back into exercise routine,beginning batch healthy cooking and getting woollies out of loft/summer stuff going away.
        Hope you're all good.
        one day at a time

Comment

well done you ..glad you enjoyed Prague...especially booze free..lidl is pretty good too..in fact out of the 2 of them lidl is better..but anyway main thing is yer safe n sober
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hey All, Cable TV guys were here 1st thing this morning, and had to rewire my whole condo. Then ran out to the grocery because weather predictions are dire for Saturday into Sunday. Seems the remnants of a hurricane now in Mexico will collide with a large low pressure system here that's bringing in much moisture from the Gulf, producing a whole buncha rain!

Better news than expected on the stolen pups, as most have been located and brought back to police. The owner, from whom the pups were confiscated, is described as a nefarious breeder/puppy miller. Owner stole the seized pups yesterday morning from their temporary shelter, and left them in cages out in the rain at the school where he teaches! Someone at the school recognized these widely reported pups, and notified police. Bad news is 5 pups are unaccounted for. Either he stashed them someplace, or they're out roaming around.

Good news, I think, is that he surely pissed off law enforcement, and his theft of the "evidence" crosses the line from misdemeanor to felony. Hoping he still goes before the judge on Monday, but for now he's in jail.

Over and out for now.

Comment

Hey, that is somewhat good news about the pups Pie. I hope that guy enjoys his time in a cage
              I was just watching the weather channel for updates on the hurricane. I actually have an old friend/neighbor who lives in Mexico now. She's near Mexico City though & claims to be out of harms way - I hope so anyway. I hope you don't get too much rain, etc.

bear, your trip sounded great, good for you. And good for your almost 5 AF months ~ nice.

Quiet here this evening - no kids around for a change!

Peace to all tonight!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
              X