saturday 24 october af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saturday 24 october af daily

Morning everyone, up at 730 am, need to be in town for hair appointment early.
    Really noticing I haven't done my mindfulness since Tuesday,starting new session this week,cultivating kindness and self compassion.Sounds like just the ticket.

I'm loving my time off but noticing that I have neglected myself physically I feel fat,unfit and oversugared.
    In the past I have treated myself with expensive products,shopping,excess yummy food and sitting about etc etc - what I really need is healthy food consistently(with the odd treat) and daily movement and social contact and relaxation,and a pleasant environment in my home. I want to live a simpler life,one that is simpler because I am thinking differently,not one where I necessarily live in a self sustaining hut in the countryside - though sometimes that does sound appealing,though perhaps isn't realistic for me!

Time off has let me notice the patterns of behaviour and thinking I have been in,I am so grateful for another week off work,I have nine more days off!I'm also realising that one of the major self critical,harsh voices that plays in my head isn't me,it's my mother's voice and style of thinking that I have picked up.

Hope you're all good and I'm off to get ready for my day.
    one day at a time

hey folks ..been up since early doors.....in a bit of pain with knee (be in more without it!)got to go and get my second pair of glasses today..I need the first pairto find where to get the second pair!just fed the peskies....take it the riddles didnt raise too much interest yustuday then?will put the answers up later..clocks go back tonight here..thats it wind rain dark night and mornings ,snow and ice and cold..for further info just apply to cheerfulchappie.com!!!!! great news about the majority of the dogs pie..instead of locking him up at the taxpayers expense they should do something useful with him ....like turn him into dog meat..says Britains minister of justice!!brewsall round ..orf to git ready ..be on later
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

good luck with knee,I know when I had a knee injury swimming wasn't recommended (breaststroke) but kicking and walking in water was fine.
      Hope you get fixed soon.
      one day at a time

Comment

Morning All,

How'd your hair turn out, Bear? Mick, I understand fully about needing one pair of glasses to find the other pair. All outdoor events here have been cancelled due to impending rain, including the big event I'd planned to attend. My TV reception is outstanding after the work done yesterday, and I checked out four new books from the library. Off to grab a second cup of coffee.

Comment

morning all
          thanks for the start Bear, stress is all around us, comes in different shapes and forms no matter the environment. Definitely one form of stress that is off the charts for me would be commuting in heavy traffic. I did a short stint of it last spring and I felt like my lifespan shortened!! Anyone else out there got a particular stress no no??

Mick, I liked the riddles, just haven't had a chance to meet them head on. NS usually cracks the code on them, if I remember correctly.

Pie, you anywhere in the south? Sounds like some major rain coming that way from the hurricane on the west side of Mexico.

hey Lav, how's it going for you... soon the trick or trick for grand kids?? don't let them put candy corn in their noses, I speak from experience!!

off to do a little tilling, I have my marching orders... then off to play for a benefit.

be well good friends
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

hey tis Ui ...complete with noo gelasses!!they make me look intelligent ..thats why they were so dear...big job on their hands!!Knee is still giving me gyp ..but Im out tomorrow early doors ..and Im taking a wee stool with me to sit on...thankfully theta hurricane didnt turn out how it was originally thought..

Police have arrested a woman for stealing a sign reading;
            "& Emergency".
            She claimed she found it by Accident...

I went by the house where I grew up today and asked to go in to look around, but they said no and shut the door in my face.

My parents can be so fecking rude.

"Can you help me, Doctor?" I asked. "I seem to have lost my sense of direction."

"So it would appear," replied the butcher.

I've been invited to my first Constipation Anonymous meeting next week.

Unfortunately there's no way I can go.

A redneck man has pleaded guilty to having sex with a horse. The judge asked him if he had anything to say in his defence.

"Well, your honour, I was horny and my wife and sister was away on holiday."

"Don't you mean 'were' away on holiday?"

"No."

David Cameron welcomed Chinese President Xi Jinping to Britain by taking him out for a pint of IPA at a traditional English pub.

It was going pretty well until ten pints later when Cameron said, "I'm pissed mate, lets get a last round in then go for a Chinky."

I've really fallen in love with the Viennese Waltz.

I told Sam Smith, but he just said "It'll never love you like a Can-Can can".
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Yes Sam, I'm in southeast Texas. Rain here is just starting, though parts north of here have been getting hammered for days.

Mick, sure had to think twice to get that redneck joke.

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Happy Saturday to all!
                Sunny & cool here but I hear rain is moving in overnight.

Mick. glad you have your vision straightened out, kind of important
                Go easy on your knee, also kinda important, ha ha!

bear, relax & enjoy your time off!
                Not worrying so much about future events that may or may not happen has been a blessing to me!

Sam, the things kids stuff up their noses, Huh?? Ha ha!!!

Pie, glad you are snug & secure to get through your rainy weekend. Enjoy the TV!!

Nothing special happening here, just need to catch up with some work stuff & try not to get anymore bee stings working outside

Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                X