monday 9th november

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monday 9th november

hiya folks ...well Mondasy iis here again...and what brutal weatherwe are having over here!!Abigail or something it is called ..burt wow certainly lotsa rain.....the garden is pretty much flooded now and we are on a pretty steep hill.. rabbits all safe and secure ..but gotta go and feed them soon..Feeling a lot better today thanks...likewise Julie... she is away to some conference this morning ...a senior management lets talk crapathon...its about 40 miles away down the everstopping motorway..it starts cat 10...and finishes at half 3...thats the civil service for you ..and yet they talk about saving money..do you know ,they have to take their own coffee/tea etc and lunch with them? and this is a government service she works for..same gang as I did!anyways on we go..take it the puzzles didnt interest anyone?

brew time......

hiya Sam....firstly well done to you on resisting the go on have a taste scenario...and thats the thing ..you need to be on your guard ,because every now and that this notion pops up...Julie was given a bottle of red wine not so long back,so I poured her a glass...and in doing so thought ..hmmm wonder what it tastes like..a firsdtly no different from the year dot and b never drank red wine in my life!!again a fleeting thot ,but could so easily turn into something different !!glad the toons sesh went well..hows the calf?

hiya Pauly ..and how are you today then>hows the haircuttin world today?you off to join up with the witches of Eastwick for a fun packed day?hows the bougie doing btw?my chrimbo cactus has just started to flower..its now about 6 years old!! and my bird of paradise plant is still doing sound...

hiya Lav ..how are you today then?was your weekend filled with mnions and the like all watching sesame street?brew time would you like one

hiya bear,pie,ns,det ppqp sf and anyone else that Ive forgotten..hope all is good with you ..take it easy ...

The Yorkshire Ripper, Pete Sutcliffe , and Britain's only female lifer, Rose West will be celebrating a very significant anniversary this morning.

The death penalty was abolished in Britain 50 years ago today.

I was going to make a joke about carpentry but can't think of any that wood work.

My son said, "I haven't got a clue what I want to do when I leave school."

I said, "What about a career in the catering industry like me."

He said, "Dad, you deliver fcking pizzas."

When last week's eliminated artist on the X Factor said "You haven't seen the last of me" he was right.

He has just made me a lovely Big Mac and Fries in McDonalds...

Actor Gunnar Hansen, who played Leatherface in the original "Texas Chain Saw Massacre", has died.

His family are said to be in bits.

Parents who went to a silent fireworks display at Birmingham Botanical Gardens have claimed loud bangs frightened their children and reckon they should be entitled to compensation

A spokesman for the event has released a statement saying "We are very sorry for the upset and go fck youself, they're fireworks, what did you really expect?"

I thought I saw a gigantic mushroom walking around the street earlier.

Turns out it was a midget wearing a hat.

Presidential candidate Ben Carson has admitted lying about two incidents in his past. Bill Clinton says he'll make a great President.

Blue, White and Red are supposed to symbolise freedom.

Well they do until you see those lights in your rear view mirror.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Hiya all,

Hope the weather settles down a bit there this week Mick. All good here.

Have a rippa out there y'all (and not the Yorkshire kind).

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

morning all
      Mick, glad you and the Mrs are feeling better. Calling for a bit of rain here as well, but nothing like what you're getting. Calf is doing fine. Didn't have to time to work on the puzzles yesterday, though I do enjoy them.

G-man, nice to see you pop in, hope you're doing well, playing much these days??

not much to report here in ol Virginny, here's a shot of the maple outside our house:

IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

later
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Originally posted by Samstone View Post
        morning all
        Mick, glad you and the Mrs are feeling better. Calling for a bit of rain here as well, but nothing like what you're getting. Calf is doing fine. Didn't have to time to work on the puzzles yesterday, though I do enjoy them.

G-man, nice to see you pop in, hope you're doing well, playing much these days??

not much to report here in ol Virginny, here's a shot of the maple outside our house:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1841[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1842[/ATTACH]

later
        Sam
        Great colours in them trees Sam. Very well here thanks. Yes, playing a fair bit. Loving and appreciating it. Some more gigs coming up most likely. Hope all's well with you mate. Break a string!

L8tr g8tr's.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi All, looks like my post from yesterday didn't post! Home internet service has ended, and haven't yet figured out a replacement, so posting from my phone., which is challenging. Count me in for roll call, please

Comment

Good Monday morning Abbers

Sunny & just at the freezing mark of 32 degrees! Refreshing!!!!

Glad you are feeling better Mick!
            Sorry about your crappy weather, we will be getting some tomorrow.
            I didn't have a minute to myself for puzzles yesterday, the minions kept me busy.
            I have to honestly say I never had to pack a lunch to take to a work conference. Although it may have been better than some of the rubber chicken lunches we were served, ha ha!

Hi Sam, great pics
            Glad your newest baby is doing well.
            Enjoy the nice day before the rain moves in.

Hi there G!

Pie, good to see ya
            Hope you get some decent internet service back soon, hang in there!

Heading out to Curves soon then need to get back here & get some organizing done. I dislike clutter & it's getting pretty bad, LOL
            Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, I didn't have time for the puzzles either Mick,barely had time to post cuz I had Louie early cuz Kell was doing a sample haircut for a new salon,it was so cute cuz I took him to the grocery store with me and he helped unload the cart as I told him which item to grab,then he was distracted by a little girl about his age in the cart next to us,they were smiling at each other it was cute love toddlers! Sam,those pics are so beautiful they look fake! Pie, are there any other internet providers in your area?I have no problem posting from my phone, I use the full screen, not the mobile one,I like that I'm always loggid in too hey Mr.G,good to see you over here,you should make it a habit to drop in more hi Lav,quiet thread yesterday, 4 posts,alrighty gotta peel my arse off this bed and get ready for action, much love to all,no Mondayitis for anyone o k?(maybe a titch for me)
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

evening all,tired.com today,lots of tears yesterday but needed it and feel better for getting some of it out.Other than that fairly chilled,lazy weekend.
                Tonight is meant to be cleaning/shopping - can't be arsed tbh don't desperately need to do either so not the end of the world to move it.
                Had meeting with managers today,so that's no clearer then at all.
                Decided I'm just not going to let work get to me that much again.
                Having shitty,oooh I'm missing out by not drinking,ooh nice glass of wine/prosecco - BS - can't think of how to argue it - so I'm not - just watching it float in and out.
                one day at a time

Comment

Hey bear, you know darn well a 'nice glass of wine' will do nothing but wake up the sleeping beast. Leave the monster sleeping. Treat yourself to some nice cookies or chocolate. Much safer in the long run :hug:

Toddler love Pauly???
                  I think there's the making of a new soap opera in that, ha ha!!!!!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X