wenzdi 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wenzdi 18

hiya folks and how are we all today then?all good hopefully..Im still building this hutch inside at the moment ..as you can see there is so much around there is hardly room to move ..on top of that we are in the middle of a massive storm the winds are pretty horrendous, so not going to be on here too long..brews all round folks

hiya pie ..hows you today..has your severe weather gone ..there sure is some here!!hows doggy land doing?everyone ok?

hi Sam ..how did your farm visit go ..?what do you look /check for ?as for snow being normal...hey what weather is normal now a days?

hiya Lav...bunny condos?in the back of my tiny mind...you arent so far off the truth!!..I saw another pair of rescue rabbits yesterday..a bonded pair ..one like Zeuss..and a black lop eared?If I could I so would!!what are you up to today then ?have a brew first!did you get the boiler fixed?

hiya pauly ..hows you today then?all good and the lavvy living tortoise hows he?happy in his new home?

hiya Det hows you mate?all good ?glad the new programme is making sense for you..

hiya ns hows you today then?all ok?

hey bear wheres you ?

right folks take it easy n have a good n

20151117_174326.jpg

20151118_095748.jpg

THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS

December 14, 1972
    My dearest darling John:
    Who ever in the whole world would dream of getting a real Partridge in a Pear Tree? How can I ever express my pleasure. Thank you a hundred times for thinking of me this way.
    My love always, Agnes

December 15, 1972
    Dearest John:
    Today the postman brought your very sweet gift. Just imagine two turtle doves. I'm just delighted at your very thoughtful gift. They are just adorable.
    All my love, Agnes

December 16, 1972
    Dear John:
    Oh! Aren't you the extravagant one. Now I must protest. I don't deserve such generosity, three French hens. They are just darling but I must insist, you've been too kind.
    All my love, Agnes

December 17, 1972
    Dear John:
    Today the postman delivered four calling birds. Now really, they are beautiful, but don't you think enough is enough. You are being too romantic.
    Affectionately, Agnes

December 18, 1972
    Dearest John:
    What a surprise. Today the postman delivered five golden rings, one for every finger. You're just impossible, but I love it. Frankly, all those birds squawking were beginning to get on my nerves.
    All my love, Agnes
    December 19, 1972
    Dear John:
    When I opened the door today there were actually six geese laying on my front steps. So you're back to the birds again huh? These geese are huge. Where will I ever keep them? The neighbors are complaining and I can't sleep through the racket. Please stop.
    Cordially, Agnes

December 20, 1972
    John:
    What's with you and those freaking birds?? Seven swans a swimming. What kind of damn joke is this? There's bird poop all over the house and they never stop the racket. I can't sleep at night and I'm a nervous wreck. It's not funny. So stop those freaking birds.
    Sincerely, Agnes

December 21, 1972
    O.K. Buster:
    I think I prefer the birds. What the hell am I going to do with 8 maids a milking? It's not enough with all those birds and 8 maids a milking, but they had to bring their damn cows. There is manure all over the lawn and I can't move in my own house. Just lay off me, smartass.
    Agnes

December 22, 1972
    Hey Shithead:
    What are you? Some kind of sadist? Now there's nine pipers playing. And jeez do they play. They've never stopped chasing those maids since they got here yesterday morning. The cows are getting upset and they're stepping all over those screeching birds. What am I going to do? The neighbors have started a petition to evict me.
    You'll get yours! Agnes

December 23, 1972
    You rotten fecker:
    Now there's ten ladies dancing. I don't know why I call those hoes ladies. They've been balling those pipers all night long. Now the cows can't sleep and they've got diarrhea. My living room is a river of crap. The Commissioner of Buildings has subpoenaed me to give cause why the building shouldn't be condemned.
    I'm calling the police on you! Agnes
    December 24, 1972
    Listen Feckhead:
    What's with those eleven lords a leaping on those maids and ladies? Some of those broads will never walk again. Those pipers ran through the maids and have been committing sodomy with the cows. All twenty-three of the birds are dead. They've been trampled to death in the orgy. I hope you're satisfied, you rotten vicious swine.
    Your sworn enemy, Agnes

December 25, 1972
    Dear Sir:
    This is to acknowledge your latest gift of twelve fiddlers fiddling which you have seen fit to inflict on our client, Miss Agnes McHolstein. The destruction, of course, was total. All correspondence should come to our attention. If you should attempt to reach Miss McHolstein at Happy Dale Sanitarium, the attendants have been instructed to shoot you on sight. With this letter please find attached a warrant for your arrest.
    Cordially, Law Offices of Badger, Bender and Chole

Q: Why can't a blonde dial 911?
    A: She can't find the eleven.

A man goes to a $10 hooker and contracts crabs.
    When he goes back to complain, the hooker laughs and says, "What do you expect for $10 -- lobster?

Wilfred had just learned his ABCs and was very scared of reciting them in front of his class. He stood in front of the class trembling and began.
    "A B C D E F G H I J L K M N O Q R S T U V W X Y Z."
    His teacher said, "Very good, Wilfred. But you forgot the P. Where's the P?
    He replied, "It's running down my leg."
    Last edited by Mick; November 18, 2015, 08:53 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning, Mick. For me, just seeing the bonded rescue pair would be the start of figuring out how to get them. Thinking through the challenges, obstacles, objections, etc. Please do let us know if we need to start offering name suggestions. Greek/Roman gods as a theme, mebbe?

Pie's doggyland is about to get very busy over Thanksgiving week, as Ive committed to hosting 3 rescue dogs while their foster parents travel. My self-imposed limit is three, because combined with my 3, six is enough!

In other news, Dad has completed his 3 week course of antibiotics, and is ready to return to his home. Will be working on that mostly, today.

Thanks for the start up, the brew, and the blonde joke, Mick!

Big hello to everyone else dropping by.

Comment

Morning all
      thanks for the brew-ha Mick, agree, like the blonde joke! The program I'm involved has to do with fencing out creeks and ponds and providing livestock with alternatives such as spring fed watering trough or trough fed by a well. The whole idea is to help keep the Chesapeake Bay clean. This is/was done on a cost share program with the state government, so I'm looking to see if the fences are still in place and the troughs are still there.

Pie, 6 doggies, hope you have a lot of room, big dogs?? Bet no one sneaks into your house!

Feel like a did a major relapse, feel like someone ran a rasp in my throat whilst I slept and forgot to turn off the sinus faucet.Hope the wife doesn't get this mess, I'll never hear the end of it. Oh, I forgot, it her fault I'm sick.
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, hutch is looking good Mick yeah I'd be pissed with those 12 days of chrimbo gifts too haha,Pie,kudos to you on being able to handle six dogs,I can barely handle Winslow haha,I had to find homes for the 2 cats Mick and Melanie cuz it just got to be too much,the cleaning up after them,them jumping on the counter and eating our food,yuck!one day I had a pizza on the stove I went to get a slice and it was all naked!those cats,no I discovered I'm not a cat person,was as a kid,not now but they are being loved now,just by someone else,Hello to all and I hope we all have a nice Wednesday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

X-post Sam,choke down some Bragg's hope it passes quickly
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings Abbers

I have one grandson here with me this morning but only until I drop him off at his preschool at 11:30. His Dad decided to go fishing today on his day off.

The bunny condo is looking good Mick!
            Glad you have a garage to work in during the nasty weather!! The hot water heater was replaced Monday afternoon & making hot water by dinner time. My neighbor is a good guy

Pie, 6 dogs? Bless you woman, ha ha!
            Glad to hear your Dad is getting better.

Sam, sure hope you feel better soon. No fun being sick!
            Being on the northern end of the Chesapeake I hear quite a bit about the conservation efforts. We eat quite a bit of those wonderful Maryland crabcakes too, yum!!

Pauly, YB brought a cat with him when he returned last year. I was not thrilled but figured I'll see how it goes. I made it clear to said cat that she is not welcome on my kitchen counters. She's been OK with that, LOL
            I don't mind sharing my home but I have my limitations

Hello to everyone, have a fabulous AF day!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Sam, Pauly, Lav. Yes, small dogs, average 12 lbs or so. Fingers crossed all will go well.

New internet starts today, though not yet worked up my courage to get it set up. Maybe later, much later...

Comment

Lav...for you I believe????????

12250052_917962111573666_4313636393654724138_n.jpg
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

hey everyone,back after long day at week and evening meeting.

I got really stressed about all the huge workload,expectations etc talking to supportive colleagues really helped.

One step at a time,had the thought that i increase my stress by judging myself for feeling stress,and stress not going away permanently.errr - yeah cos that's impossible.I also expect myself to be able to do everything perfectly now without support.
                  I am at least bouncing back within a day or so,got massive headache though today,think stress related but could be cold starting.
                  Happy to at least be sober,feels lke one of those awful hangover headaches that hurts so much it makes you sick.
                  Happy wednesday everyone - sofa,chamomile tea and maybe bath then bed.
                  one day at a time

Comment

bear, you really have to find a way to disconnect yourself from all the work stress. At the end of the day, ask yourself is it really worth it? I was just discussing this topic with a few others here a few days ago. Besides the usual headaches, elevated blood pressure, stomach issues related to long term stress - did you know that it can also deplete the minerals in your bones causing osteoporosis? I read this recently & thought 'no kidding', this is why my bones are falling apart. Apparently we take shallow breaths when we are stressed & don't take in enough oxygen to aid in bone building. We only hurt ourselves with all the stress. Be nice to yourself & your bones :hug:

Mick, I know two golden retrievers who would love to make cat sausage, ha ha!!!
                    Thanks for the wonderful pic!!

Pie, I am helpless when it comes to setting up internet stuff. Thankfully my son-in-law is happy to assist. Good Luck

I'm up & out very early tomorrow to spend the day with my happy granddaughter. Will check in when I can.
                    Peace to all tonight!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hidy hi ABeroooooos!

greetings from hotel #2 so far this trip....

I had to go back and re-read.... I thought you guys were talking about bunny condoms! egad! heck I dunno... maybe they have those?

Sam and Bear, thank you for reminding me to take my vitamins. rest well. Lav is right on the money about stress... it really does physical damage to
                      both brain and body. 10 minutes of meditation per day is fantastic in moving the neural activity from the amygdala to the lateral prefrontal cortex where it belongs.

no bad cravings happy to report. San pellegrino is my bubbly pal. Currently sipping some hot green tea i found in the lobby.

Pie, glad yer dad is on the mend.

Lav, enjoy granddaughter time. has to be better than the messy lads

another nutty day of CA traffic awaits so i better get some extra zzzzzz's.

be well everyone
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                      X