sat the 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sat the 5th

mornin all....how is your world today?all good?at the moment we are in the middle of storm Desmond.....note the word tropical is missing!!there are floods and high winds...but worse than that....wait for it ..decided I was going to have a lie in...madam says Ill go and make a brew...then from downstairs comes this almighty scream....she emptied the little waste paper bin from the front room into the big bin in the garage...and looking at her from the bin was a mouse!!!she is really scared of them...the fact that we live next to open fields...but also..I had seen same mouse in the garage the other night and thought aww..its cold out there..so plan for waste bin needs to be re thought!!

out tomorrow down Lincoln way if this weather eases off...right now that I had to get my own brew ..who else?

hia Lav...hows you today then?hopefully all well..here you go big brew.....its a pity we werent on the same time zone...we could have skyped our own ex class!!Going on the treadmill again this morning..went for a bit of a run /walk yesterday...just tiny tho...ran 500 steps walk 100 run 500 walk 100 for about 10 minutes..thats the trouble..because you get out of it..then its back to square 1 again...think the hardest thing for me is to stop and realise oops this is sore...anways I digress..have a good day..

hiya det...hows you then?whats the veggies you are having with the salmon?years ago..I used to do weights and was into them in quite a way...but I found you can get a lot more benefit using stretch bands doing resistance training..you playing out this weekend?

hia pauly...hows you then?is it still the 3am club ?you n Julie should get together..thats her favourite stunt..3 am.."Im awake ...are you???..Im bored..talk to me blah blah .. woman its 3 am ..and you want a discussion on the benefits of using refractory light as a source of energy and heat as opposed to physical elements??????jeez..so you off to the dollar store..with 1 cent change Me too ..poundland..have a good one

hiya ns......hows you today ? well what time were you up?I wonder how many of us are guilty of splashing out on a gym and never going?good few I reckon..ou any plans for today?

no pie...yoo hoo hows you?all ok?likewise bear?still nowt from ppqp.......

hiya kuya...hows the Antipodes today then....?interesting that take on pollyticks...but one I agree with ..the local guy/woman gets elected on the wishes of the community..but then you put all these peoplle together,with all the wishes of the majority of their individual communities,now that wont gel...so what you do is create a bond (similar to turning individuals into a squad in the army) so you now have this group who have a common primary objective whatever it is,add a pinch of opposition disagreement/challenge pooh pooing whatever you want to call it,mix in some foreign policy/aid/immigration matters,gently bring to the boil whilst adding some selfish corporate issues...and there you have it..one pot of shambles!apply to any party and the result is the same..the individually locally elected voice soon becomes a political machination of a much larger corporate crap machine representing not necessarily its own ideals..but if one party says black, hot,wet, day then the opposition will come back with policies of cold,dry,night...unless there is a clear vote winner amongst it all..wow ..soapbox now broken!!

hiya Sam the man..hows you toda then?all ok mate?hows the weather over your way?you out giggin or has that finished now?

right folks ..for the offski..so see you all later..have a great weekend......

My teacher said I'd end up working in McDonalds. Well, look who's laughing now.

The guys ordering chicken off me in KFC.

As the political fallout rages about the personal details of 675,000 Weatherspoons customers being made public, the government are demanding to know how they managed to get into the DWP sick and unemployed database.

Wetherspoon's has been hacked. The pub company said that 650,000 people might have had their personal details leaked, and that the credit card details had been compromised.

Apparently up to £300 is at risk.

Hackers have obtained the personal details of 675,000 Wetherspoons customers.

Banks are predicting the compensation costs could literally run into tens of pounds.

My mate is that tight he got himself tasered by the cops to try and charge his iPhone

When my son got home from school today, I asked him what he's done:

"Guided reading" he replied.

I said, "I don't give a fck what Guy did, I asked you."

Liz Kendall MP has alerted Police after receiving abuse from Twitter users because she voted in favour of Bombing.

'Threatening people is not acceptable', she said.

I had a few mates round for a game of cards when my son came in,

"OK dad, I'm off now. I'll see you later. "

"Alright Jack, break a leg. "I answered.

"Well fancy that, "said big Gary, one of the card players, "he's the last person in the world I would have expected to go on the stage. "

"Don't be a div, " I replied, "he works for greasy Vance, the loan shark. "

Up to 750,000 elderly people 'forced to choose between food and heating their homes' this winter.

Cameron to be congratulated having provided people with a choice.

Once upon a time a trip to the park with your parents was all swings, roundabouts and climbing frames.

Now it's just staged photos for Facebook.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Have a bewdy Mick and y'all.

Yes, where are you PPQP? L8tr g8trs.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

morning all - up at seven with cat,then back to bed for snooze until 11am - lovely.
      Today is tree up,then off to gym,then off to see friend's band - lazy day basically.

I'm going to chill.I'm feeling much better,started a cbt online programme which is giving me really practical look at unhelpful thinking,and how it then causes me to stagnate,feel worse.

Starting to feel really christmassy and I ENJOYED work last week - actually doing what I'm paid to rather than dealing with hideous staffing issues.My team feels really positive and enthusiastic at the moment - positive ripple effect.
      Happy - just realised 6 months is next Friday,can't believe it.
      one day at a time

Comment

Morning All, I will take a brew or two, Mick, and thank you very much! Will you set traps for the mouse? Beautiful sunshine here today. I'm off to a canine event with a young puppy in tow. May stop back by later.

Comment

hi pie ...nope no trap...bin problem solved ..all happy bunnies now!!have a good time at the k9 meet..
          hiya bear ..glad u r ok..6 moon next friday....yeehah!!
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,I too hate mice but they're so darn cute! Brady buys small ones to feed his snake,I always feel kinda sad I'm feeling christmasy too,as long as everything is bought online,going to different stores makes me anxious, I guess shopping was a joy for when I was younger,now its a nuisance, lines,items I want sold out,etc,Bobbi will be here from Portland on Wednesday which is also hubs'b-day,all he wants is some tribal tattoo around his arm,that's all he's getting then cuz they ain't cheap! Probably take the whole family to dinner and get him a cake,off to get ready,hope everyone enjoys this wonderful Saturday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Cold but sunny here so not complaining!

Mick, we have our fair share of mice around here. They like to hide out in the chicken house when they can, ha ha. I've also seen them in the garage & I don't care as long as they stay out of the house!!
              We bought a Christmas tree at the Amish market so today will be about making room for it & decorating. Daughter & family coming for a visit!

Hello to Pie, bear, Sam, G, Pauly & everyone dropping by today!
              Make it a good AF day!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

owie! whacked iff the end of a finger making lunch. typing one handed stinks
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE everyone.

Thanks for the start Mick...loved the jokes.

Bear take a look at the Three Principles Thread we have in general. Could add another string to your bow.
                  In fact I hope you all will have a look at some of the links given and really hope you find stuff that helps. I know it has enhanced my life beyond recognition.

So nice quiet Sunday here only slightly marred by a trapped nerve in my back, went for a massage yesterday but no better today so chiropractor tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Determinator View Post
                    owie! whacked iff the end of a finger making lunch. typing one handed stinks
                    Damn Det....buy meat next time, you have a finite number of digits! LOL

Comment

Ouch Det - I know how that hurts
                      I wound up in the ER several years ago having done the same darn thing. Hope it heals quickly.

Kuya, I hope you feel better soon as well.

Geez, be careful everyone!!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                      X