sunday 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday 6

hi peeps 5 am just going out the door..in the middle of storm desmond!!!wind is blowin a hooley here...big shout to you all..Kuya hope back gets better ..have you tried exercise?...lie on your back knees bent then clasp one knee pull it up towards chin ..do 10 then alternate...next lie on back cruciform...bend knees keep soles of feet on floor...move both knees together to left ..keep back on floor..go as far as poss..alternate other way..guess you know these anyway..when you come over Ill give you some gel..its abs brill..made by masto plast....packaged in manchesta......

have a good one ebberybuddy..

I've finally found out how many women it takes to change a light bulb.

Just one, send her to the shop with the dud one, and they change it for her.

I hate to say it, but I think my Advent calendar's days are numbered.

Simon Cowell's mansion has been burgled while he and his family were sleeping.

Bet they left his CD collection alone.

"Hello, my name's Dave and I'm addicted to baby powder."

-Talcoholics anonymous.

Knock knock.

"It's open."

I just fell down the stairs holding a guitar and accidentally wrote a Pete Doherty song.

I went into a pharmacy.

I said, "Have you got anything for irritation?"

She said, "Yes... But where exactly?"

"Fck knows! You tell me, it's your shop," I replied.

I was wondering the other day what our parents must have done for entertainment before television was popular and affordable.

I asked my 38 brothers and sisters if they had any ideas, but none of them could suggest an answer either.

One day, two deputies in the Sheriff's Office answered an emergency call at a farmhouse. When they walked in, they found the nude bodies of a man and a woman in the bedroom. They had been shot to death.
    When they went to the living room, they found the body of a man with a gun at his side.
    "No doubt about it," one deputy said to the other. "This was a double murder and suicide. This guy came home and found his wife in bed with somebody else and shot them both. Then he shot himself."
    "You're right," the other deputy replied. "But I'll bet you when the sheriff gets here he's going to say 'It could have been worse.'"
    "No way. How could it be worse? There are three people in the house, and all of them have been shot to death. It couldn't be worse. You're on."
    About that time, the old sheriff arrived at the scene. He walked into the bedroom and saw the two nude bodies. He then walked into the living room and saw the man on the floor with the gun by his side.
    "No doubt about it," the sheriff said, shaking his head. "It was a double murder and suicide. This guy came home and found his wife in bed with somebody else and shot them both. Then he shot himself."
    After hesitating for a moment, the old sheriff looked his deputies squarely in the eyes. "But, you know," he said, "it could have been worse."
    The deputy who had lost the bet jumped up and shouted, "Sheriff, how could it have been worse? There are three people in this farmhouse, and all three of them are dead. It couldn't have been worse!"
    "Yes it could," the sheriff retorted. "You see that guy there on the floor? If he had come home yesterday, that would be me in that bed!"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning everyone, I had huge drinking thoughts yesterday - even down to plannign to get a cab/leave car overnight at a venue.
    I had real missing out feelings while decorating tree,listening to Christmas music,planning night out,thinking of no fizzy booze at Christmas,usual idealised BS. So I didn't fight them,I watched them, I went out anyway and had a great time seeing old friend's band,he hasn't drank for 3 years which helped.

I felt really grumpy,like I was missing out at first and painfully shy and dull,people will think I'm dull etc etc.After a bit though it was great to see bands I haven't seen before and lose myself in the music and night.

I started to focus on other people,meeting them,finding out about them,looking at people's clothes and hair I admired.Basically getting out of my own head and little pity party.I did smoke last night though,and today am off to buy a bigger vaping pen that will give me more satisfying vapour.

For me I'm at the stage where I'm noticing if I stay in all the time (which is often my first choice) my mood drops and I do less and less, then booze looks even more inviting,as well as the excess food and no exercise.

I need balance - I need veg/sofa time - and I need to get out and meet people,do different things,think about different things,do a bit of cleaning each day (THAT'S how other grown ups do it!!)
    It's about grabbing hold of the sober life as a more positive life and choice and not getting in my own way with old unhelpful thinking.

Mick - hope you get through the storm,pretty windy here daarn sarrrf but not on the same scale.
    Kuya - hope the back improves and thanks I'll check out the thread you mentioned sounds interesting.Off to do a quick Tara Brach ten minute meditation.
    Happy Sunday everyone.
    one day at a time

Comment

Good Sunday morning Abbers,

Geez Mick, be careful out there in that wild weather!!
      The older I get the less likely I am to be bothered going anywhere in crappy weather, ha ha!!

Bear, focus on creating new booze free memories. Honestly, that tactic helped me get over 'missing' AL.
      When you get right down to it - what exactly are we missing?? I much prefer this guilt-free, clear thinking way of life

I have loads of things on my 'to do' list to keep me out of trouble today!
      Wishing everyone a great AF day ahead!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all
        thanks for the jokes this morning, Mick, always a great way to start a day. Lots of storm activity your way these days??!

Bear, you made it through, now you can look back and thumb your nose at the bastard,eh, and be happy in your choice.

morning Lav, couple of very pleasant days! tomorrow is rain but all in all, very mild so far. I agree with you, missing what? feeling like hell. what's there to miss.

Enjoyed a wonderful concert seeing Bruce Molsky Friday night, then he did a fiddle workshop in the morning, which was a lot of fun, what a talent!

off to cut some firewood, going to listen to a Scottish fiddler tonight named Paul Anderson, Mick, you know of him? Then going to a small jam with him being a guest, so it will be like a small mini concert again.

Tunes, tunes!!

be well friends
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick I'm with Lav,I don'tcare for going out in yuck weather either,one of my faves though is to go for a walk in a summer rainstorm, smells good,feels good Bear,I think all of this chrimbo stuff has been associated with booze for so long with us its probably normal to feel that niggle,feel it,dismiss it and move on as you did Kuya,that 3 P's thread is totally over my head,tried reading and listening but I can't grasp it,Sam,glad you enjoyed the concert, I check out the music links you post on Facebook if it looks interesting, totally hungry but not sure if I should eat,or take hubs out for breakfast for an early birthday present,he did get his tattoo last night,I was in bed so I haven't seen it yet,hope everyone has a lovely Sunday,Pie,bring some pastry to tide me over til I decide what to do haha
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning guys.

Mick Thanks for the advice...I did go for a swim yesterday and that seems to have helped but I will try your techniques later today as I can still feel a bit of soreness.

Nice to see you on the 3Ps thread Mick and Bear.
            I think 3Ps could be a timely thing for you to discover right about now Bear, it speaks to the funk that you are currently in.
            "Someone should have told us" by Jack Pransky is a good starter I reckon.
            There is lots on YouTube search Rudi Kennard for a good selection.

Names I would recommend include
            Jamie Smart
            Rudi Kennard
            Micheal Neill
            George Pranksy
            Jack Pransky
            Keith Blevens
            Elsie Spittle
            Keith? Bettinger

And obviously Sidney Banks who introduced the 3Ps originally after an insight/revelation in the 1970s. His books are so but his talks are good but pricey to buy.

Comment

Pauly I had missed your comment about the 3Ps being 'over your head' before.

Basically it is saying that we ALL experience the world from the inside out whereas it LOOKS like life happens from the outside in.

We think we get grumpy because....
              Our boss was mean
              The traffic was shite
              Our kids were misbehaving
              The weather is bad

But ALL of our feelings are coming from inside us, NONE are being CAUSED by the outside.
              Because we grew up with this misunderstanding we also believe that we can fix our unhappiness 'from the outside'.
              We say things like

"I will be happy when I .....
              Have enough money
              Lose weight
              Quit drinking
              Change jobs etc etc.

This misunderstanding also leads us to think we can change how we feel with drugs. Knowing that all your feelings are created from the inside really helps people get clean.

Three Principles Stories- Masha - YouTube

The 3Ps is not an acedemic exercise. We ALL have internal wisdom that will guide us once we learn to listen to it again. We ALL knew this as kids but it got knocked out of us by a society that said that others knew better than we do.

Pauly YOU have your own internal wisdom just waiting to guide you. It is not above your head, it is in your heart. Look inside.

Comment

Yo y'all.

Yes Kuya. We all have an internal compass unique to us, but it's often buried under so much rubbish we've taken onboard over the years via schooling, media images, fear based news reporting and propoganda that we lose it and forget we have it. Then in our case we numb out and start to lose our real self even more. But we are still here. We are inside. It might just take a little digging to get to the buried treasure. Ditching booze and other crutches is an astoundingly great start back to personal freedom.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                  Yo y'all.

Yes Kuya. We all have an internal compass unique to us, but it's often buried under so much rubbish we've taken onboard over the years via schooling, media images, fear based news reporting and propoganda that we lose it and forget we have it. Then in our case we numb out and start to lose our real self even more. But we are still here. We are inside. It might just take a little digging to get to the buried treasure. Ditching booze and other crutches is an astoundingly great start back to personal freedom.
                  Indeed Gman.... but ANYONE here on MWO already has a sign of their internal wisdom having kicked in on their behalf.

They are here!

Whether lurking or posting their wisdom told them what they needed. Connection and support.

Comment

Yes Mam. No human need be an island.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

oy ABerooos!

one arm bandit hunting and pecking here. got bleeding to stop thankfully.

Bear, great post and kudos on powering through.... you are strong.

Kuya, another great post. Reminds me of a Sam Harris meditation from this morning.

well, long drive tomorrow but should be home for dinner. yay!

be well loves
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                      X