wenzdi three oh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wenzdi three oh

mornin all ...and how are we today then?all goodly I hope..well thats us the winds are blowing a hooley at the mo there is no rain but....skies arent exactly bright blue...Went up to Rochdale yesterday..which is 5 miles from where I live(downhill)what a mess...most of the shops are ruined and flooded out especially the lower ones

JS79351259.jpg

20151226_12628.jpg

4221396001_4675960640001_4675524923001-vs.jpg

Elland Bridge will be closed ‘for the forseeable future’ - Halifax Courier

and do you know the sad thing about it?people are actually looting shops and homes ...this isnt some war torn fkn shithole ..its actually the originally cotton capital of Britain,the birthplace of the co-operative society..thats a fkn laugh!! they have arrested quite a few but that means jack shit..out on bail...get defended by some parasitic lawyer who is getting paid irrespective of outcome..and that will be it...nothing ,nish nada..dont do it again... what a screwed up country this is!!! apologies for the language but it makes my blood boil..just another of our its ours give us it attitude of todays society...

rant over ..brew time....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrr

brew time....hiya ns..hows you ?all set for your party?get them to bring their own glasses!!glad to hear you arent interested well done you

hiya pauly ..hows you this Friday then?all good? see you slept right thru and missed a coupla days!!!you doing anything at new year ?

hiya Lav..hows you then?yep you are right about the lifestyle changes ...tho not convinced he will..my guees will be cut down...and eventually back to same ..we shall see...asa for thebooze in the house...nope I wouldnt be comfortable with that either...different reason though..it would nark me big time as a non drinker seeing all these people drinking booze that I had paid for ...no siree!!!talking aboot drink ..heres a brew for your good self

hiya kuya hows you then..?

hey Sam the man...hows youb today then?all good I hope ..all tooned up for new year on the aul fiddle for auld la-ang syne ma dear for auld lang syne,well tak a cup o kindness yit fir the sake of auld lang syne..jockanese version..have a grand day

hey bear hows you doing?all good I hope

hiya pie..how are you ..yep got too much in my life to be looking at this rabbit showing lark..you are right its all about rescue...guess my head just got carried away with its tiny self!!hows dogsville doing?

right good thats it ..the pre penultimate post of 2015..have a good one

My friend thinks he is smart. He told me onions are the only food that can make you cry. So I threw a coconut in his face!

A guy was throwing popcorn at the back of my head in the cinema.

I turned around and shouted, "You and me...when this film finishes...let's sort this out."

"OK then." he nodded intently.

And then, when it was over, we cleared away all the popcorn like respectable men.

I should be ok if it rains tonight.

There's at least a foot to go before my living room's full.

Finally!

Just finished installing that bloody loft ladder!

Now

Instructions on how to climb it

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

The wife said she was feeling light-headed from a low iron level.

To help her, I raised the ironing board to a more suitable height.

Millions of people in our country suffer in silence with incontinence, not me.

I always whistle when I'm having a pee

I was terrible at spelling when I was at school.

Brlliant at mattermattics, though.

I need to start taking my job a bit more seriously according to my boss.

I was so shocked I nearly fell off my unicycle.

My wife left me because I kept quoting 1970's US sitcoms.

Happy days.
    Last edited by Mick; December 30, 2015, 06:17 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Mick this might help you get some proportion

A nation of looters: it even happened in the Blitz | The Week UK

London in the blitz: How crime flourished under cover of the blackout | Society | The Guardian

There are many more reports of the same thing.

Imagine how you would have felt back then ?!
    Homes been bombed by warplanes and people out looting?.......fact is it is simply people, nothing new, nothing shocking really.

There is a a tendency for folk to delude themselves about the past, rose tinted glasses and all that.

I remember my foster father telling me how his battalion in the British army were ordered to line up captured soldiers in front of a mass grave they had forced them to dig and shot them in cold blood rather than try to march them and feed them during the desert campaign with Rommel. The memories haunted him for decades.

We don't like facing the realities of life but until we do we will keep repeating the same mistakes.
    Last edited by kuya; December 30, 2015, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick the flooding looks awful! Its a shame people would loot in those situations, I had to re-read what you said about Friday cuz I post here everyday,thought you skimmed over my posts like a lot of peeps on this forum do,new years we will fry some chicken and onion rings in the sprite batter I used last year,one last junk food hurrah yesterday I had my healthy lunch all prepared,quinoa,chicken breast and veg,then someone mentioned burgers and that sounded better haha,I did throw away pieces of the bun though Sam,dunno if its chemicalsin the shop messing with my sleep,or chemicals in my brain,I fall asleep ace but wake up rarin to go at creepy hours,this week has been super bad,oh well not bitchin,I still work and manage ok,much love to all,I hope we all have a great Wednesday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Hump day!

Mick, that is some serious flooding you've got there, what a shame!
        I don't get the mentality of looters, what are they thinking? We sat & watched the riots & looting on live TV in Baltimore (just south of here) earlier this year. It's pathetic, really.
        Thanks for the coffee this morning

Hey there Kuya!
        Funny, I had a conversation just yesterday with YB about his tendency to avoid dealing with the present. His head is stuck in a somewhat rosy colored past. You can't move forward if you are always looking back.

Pauly, make this new year better for yourself with a new way of eating. You can restore your health & overcome your metabolic imbalances with good food - just as Hippocrates said
        thousands of years ago. I am a firm believer

Hello to everyone & wishing for a great AF day for all.
        I'm off to get some exercise then back here for some work.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hey kuya...its not the looting thats the issue its the fact that its so close to home.as for what your step father did in th e war...again a situation I cannot or indeed have any right to comment on..yes I was in the army for 12 years,yes I have been involved in conflict ,but not to that extent...just got home ...and guess what...on the door step was a present from someone because I helped them...what was it???you guessed 1.5 litres of smirnoff vodka!! the rain is hammering down here..good old storm frank
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Yesterday, I heard a radio broadcast about the flooding in northern England, and how upset some are that the government hasn't done more to stop it. Having lived in a house that flooded twice, I completely understand that feeling. There's very little an individual can do to protect home and property against rising water, so I very much want to see tax dollars at work on prevention.

Funny story on the vodka gift, Mick. Maybe you can find an alternative use for it? Will it melt snow? Dissolve grease? Maybe bury it in a field for a treasure hunter to discover?

Hi Lav, Kuya, Pauly, and all to come. One of my guest dogs will be going home today, and the other two on Sunday. Not sure what I'm up to today, but it may involve this lovely.
            faucet.jpg

My lavatory faucet has been leaking on the hot water side, so ... Wish me luck!

Comment

pie........................https://youtu.be/kB4y5wKkdrI

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                hey kuya...its not the looting thats the issue its the fact that its so close to home.as for what your step father did in th e war...again a situation I cannot or indeed have any right to comment on..yes I was in the army for 12 years,yes I have been involved in conflict ,but not to that extent...just got home ...and guess what...on the door step was a present from someone because I helped them...what was it???you guessed 1.5 litres of smirnoff vodka!! the rain is hammering down here..good old storm frank
                Mick I wasnt relating that story because of your being in the army, tbh I had forgotten you even were!

I related that story to make the point that every group, no matter how decent the individuals may be, are capable of behaving in a way that SEEMS atrocious unless you fully understand the circumstances.

I suspect the mentality of some 'looters' may be that the contents of these shops is going to be ruined anyway, or is covered by insurance.

I am simply suggesting that no one assumes the worst about other's behaviour......particularly when it creates an angry internal reaction. It is only YOU that is suffering it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
                  Good morning Abbers, happy Hump day!

Mick, that is some serious flooding you've got there, what a shame!
                  I don't get the mentality of looters, what are they thinking? We sat & watched the riots & looting on live TV in Baltimore (just south of here) earlier this year. It's pathetic, really.
                  Thanks for the coffee this morning

Hey there Kuya!
                  Funny, I had a conversation just yesterday with YB about his tendency to avoid dealing with the present. His head is stuck in a somewhat rosy colored past. You can't move forward if you are always looking back.

Pauly, make this new year better for yourself with a new way of eating. You can restore your health & overcome your metabolic imbalances with good food - just as Hippocrates said
                  thousands of years ago. I am a firm believer

Hello to everyone & wishing for a great AF day for all.
                  I'm off to get some exercise then back here for some work.

Lav
                  Hey Lav, the most freeing realisation for me has been that my memories are simply that....a mental recording of something that happened in the past.
                  They are not real and serve no purpose in being relived. Any lesson learned from my past was embedded back then and if it wasn't it never will be.

I can unlearn any of these ONLY by going forward, NEVER by going back.

I have spent so much of my life reliving the past (in my head, in therapy) and it only served to recreate the pain (and in a small way to validate my experience).

If my therapist had said 'everything you FEEL about the past is valid but there is no point going back into it' I would have saved a fortune.

Comment

Mick,any advice on plants that grow tall but the leaves at the bottom fall off? The upper leaves are healthy but it looks like a palm tree
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Kuya, I have spent most of my adult life trying to keep my husband's head from completely going up his A$$, ha ha!!
                      He believes all the BS he creates in his head, it's ridiculous. At this point when he gets started on a 'if only' rant I either walk away or I get on my gratitude rant which usually shuts him up, ha ha!!

Pauly, when a plant gets like that I usually try to cut it way back. Sometimes it will regenerate itself. A new pot with fresh potting soil & some decent plant food spikes help too
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                        pie........................https://youtu.be/kB4y5wKkdrI
                        Whoa, Mick, sweet video! I didn't work up enough courage to tackle it today, but feeling decidedly more confident after watching the installation process. Thank you SO much for finding it and sharing the link! :welldone:

Comment

Working...
                        X