3rd of jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd of jan

mornin peeps ..just a quickie...orf out in a min its rainin, dark,5 am ,cold....but apart from that the ureld is a beyootiful place,,just made my dinner ..turkey salad ..it is no more... gone finito ,endex no turkey..

quick brew anyone awake?

not many people on the fred yesterday..but if theres nowt to say ...why talk about it?

hiya pauly,hows you today then?hey 3lbs will soon come off...Ive got to lose about 8 but I want 12..thats because Im a fat git....havent been able to exercise because of knee but it didnt stop me troughing ..it will soon go..all the other numbers ar fine ..bone mass water content muscle etc...just the fat git bit is up.....

hiya lav ..hows you then?all ok cant see 5lbs hanging around for long ...bet even the dogs are thinking ....oh no here we go..here you go early brew no milk or sugar help you on yer way...do the Amish celebrate new year?

hiya bear....are you enjoying yourself at the moment?then sod work...:thumbsup: get it in perspective...whatever you do ..someone will criticise and moan..do the best you can..when you have gone the job will be there..if you left tomorrow ..the world wouldnt end......give 100%...take 100% I guarantee your fears and dreads will be the same as least year...and yet here you are ...so why worry??

right gotta go ...big shout to everyone else kuya ns pie sam det etc :hug:

The wife came home with four cases of beer, three boxes of wine, two bottles of whisky and two loaves of bread.

"Are we expecting guests?" I asked.

"No," she replied.

"Then why did you buy so muchbread?"

Julie told me next Christmas she wants a real tree instead of the imaginary one we usually have.

tried to enrol in WeightWatchers earlier:

"Sorry, we haven't got any room" said the organiser, "but give it a couple of months and hopefully some of the fat gits will have shrunk enough for you to squeeze in at the back

The world's greatest mindreader died today, He was said to have inherited his gifts from his parents

Our thoughts are with his family

I woke myself up by farting last night.
    on the plus side the neighbours won't show me their holiday snaps again.

The jumper I got for Christmas kept picking up static electricity so I took it back to the shop and exchanged it for another one free of charge.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Hey Mick,thanks for the words,I'm feeling pretty good,relaxed,planning to do few things slowly today.Planning lunches and dinners for week,off to tip and buying few bits of fruit and veg and gym.

Had a lazy day when I didn't get dressed yesterday and ate takeaway food,feeling lethargic and like it's time to get back to normality,feel like I'm crawling out of a cocoon. I've had a good break and I'm grateful for that.

I'm loving being sober,and want to carry on with this way of life,I find it much easier to feel positive,think the best and I'm bouncing back quicker from lows.I'm also thinking much more about what I want to do with my time.

I haven't done the new years resolutions thing - loosely I want less TV and internet,more seeing friends,travelling to new places,more fruit and veg and running and rollerderby and being honest and trusting myself.
    one day at a time

Comment

Mae everyone,

Oops missed yesterday....wasn't feeling that good and I lose my place on the day being in the next day already.

Car still going alright ATM Mick...lets hope it stays that way.

Still have another public holiday tomorrow so will be well rested by the time I go back to work on Tuesday ..... Good break this year with two 4 day week ends...

Went for a long walk in the rain today....a couple miles along a black sand beach with the kids....it was beautiful. Then we nipped over the other side of the country to another beach where the sun was shining and kids were swimming....New Zealand is the best!

Comment

Good Morning Mick, and Friends. Cold and light rain here, but shouldn't impact my plans which include delivering last two holiday canines to their home, driving through the neighborhood where the stray was found to scout for lost dog signs, and watching football with Dad.

Faucet replacement is still on hold. Turning off the main water supply affects my entire building, so need to coordinate with the other condo owners.

Happy treasure hunting, Mick. Will look forward to hearing about what you find.

Comment

Good Sunday morning Abbers!

We've got the sun over here Mick but it's below freezing!! Just heard tomorrow morning's wind chill will be in the single digits, BRRRRRRRRR!!
          I hope your day is productive & you find lots of goodies

bear, keeping my mood stable is vital for me. I can handle just about anything thrown my way provided I am mentally & emotionally stable. Aside from the obvious self care needs of all human beings I have found practicing detachment to be extremely helpful. Letting go of the need to control things is hard but completely doable & saves a lot of sanity!!

Pie, good luck with your faucet installation & all the planning involved, geez! I forgot you are in a condo & have to get your neighbors on board. Hopefully they will be cooperative. Enjoy the football game with your Dad!

I need to get my workspace cleaned up & organized today. Too cold to do anything outside anyway.
          Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,I've been trying to lose the same 10 lbs for 3 years haha,tbh the only time I can lose weight is when I drank but that'scuz i'm sick then and sick people lose weight,im still at that stage in my quit where I eat to quençh a "craving" or want whatever the heck that feeling is called,I don't care,I'm not super chubby and even if I were I'd rather be a chubby,sober,happyish person,than a slim,haggard,miserable drunk! Yesterday's thread was tiny but today looks better I'm trying a coffee table in the living room again, took it out when Louie came along but put it back in last night,may take it out again cuz he was climbing on it and laying down, crazy kid! May walk to the 99 cent store cuz I saw some cute earmuffs there the other day (earmuffs in Vegas!?!) I figure by walking I can't buy much so won't spend $50 for once haha,much love to all,let's have a wonderful Sunday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

ah man. blew it bad yesterday. so sick and shaky today. and unhappy.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Originally posted by Determinator View Post
                ah man. blew it bad yesterday. so sick and shaky today. and unhappy.
                Sorry to hear Det... I think you suffer the same syndrome I do.... post success reward syndrome I like to call it! The last 2 days have badly wanted to get out of my head... it is like surviving xmas and new year gives us some 'right' to something.

Head over to the army thread... there are some good posts there about this very issue.

Back on the horse now Det, don't let a day become a disaster... you know how important the next day or two are while you detox. Stay close.

Comment

you can do this,just focus on today,and the trigger point.
                  one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                  X