friday 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

friday 8th

mornin good people....and how are we the start of the weekend then?anyone doing antything special?pouring woth rain again this morning..its a wonder this island doesnt float away!!Dentist yesterday afternoon...not going intothe details..but suffice to say my wallet went ouch then fainted with some of the charges coming its way!!back there on feb 1st.... weighed myself this morning ...lost 5 lb in just over a week!!so back on track with exercise..thankfully knee so far is playing the game,though I keep it strapped up when exercising ...right brew time it is then...

hiya kuya how are you then??your post..... going into 2016 swinging. ermmmmmm no comment!!:egad: its right about the money...but its right the more you have the more you want,its nice to live comfortable....must say I dont want more...but I certainly take care of how I use what Ive got...as for the smoking...did you find and do you find that your sense of smell is very much heightened?re the mot....yep done that a couple of times too...and had to "phone a friend"

hiya pie....all is good in your wureld then?dog can back to his owners,and youve got a faucet that works looks good and doesnt leak...what more could you ask for....dental jokes they r a comin!!

mornin lav,how are you today?sounds good to me the mm playhouse....got to agree with you...sacking the smokes was pretty hard for me...I gave up for about 8 months I think ...then started again...even now,every now and again there is that wee urge..ah go on...but that aint going to happen...dont know how much smokes are over your way,but they are roughly $14 for a 20 pack here..between that n booze Id have to be out robbin banks!!as for the rain n heat ..yes we have got part 1 not 2 though....so you can go and sit in the nice warm rain with a brew :thumbsup:

hiya pauly ..wow quick jump in ...how are you ..take it you were either busy or runnin late?

hiya ppqp...how are you then ..so you are no longer on the garden commitee? I take it you are going for the head honchos job then?my mate was talking about the weather there too...he is taking an oversize load to Texas from Calgary..this is his wagon..just waiting for permits

12417715_10153839210092010_2131033712546950926_n.jpg

addendum...just saw your update...creating jobs now????now then what would that be...if you are even creating the boss s job ?thats some handle....I agree live for fun not work...as for the 6 oh many congratulations...sent you a 40th birthday cake...thought thats how old you were :hug:

hiya bear...was gonna say how are you but.........yep go for a run...see if ppqp can create a job for you!!

big shout to those missing sam ,ns,det ..hope the drive was ok....and everyone else

Q: What does the dentist of the year get?
    A: A little plaque

Q: What do you call a dentist who doesn't like tea?
    A: Denis.

Q: What is a dentist's office?
    A: A filling station

Q: What did the dentist see at the North Pole?
    A: A molar bear

Q: What did the dentist say to the golfer?
    A: "You have a hole in one. "

Q: Why did the deer need braces?
    A: He had buck teeth.

Q: why are dentists sad looking gits
    A: Because they always looks down in the mouth.

Q: What did the werewolf eat after he'd had his teeth taken out?
    A: The dentist

Q: Anyone know the six most frightening words in the world?
    A: "The Dentist will see you now."

Why did the queen go to the dentist?
    To get a new crown!

I have yellow teeth, what do I do?
    Dentist: Wear a brown tie.....

Dentists, helping you put your money where your mouth is.

I saw Kanye West walking towards me down a quiet, country road.

"Mind if I take a photograph?" I asked him.

"Of course not," he replied, "It's not everyday you get to meet Kanye West."

"Hilarious. Now get the fck out of my shot."

Today I celebrate 18 months being dry. it hasn't been easy at times and got to say a big thanks to my umbrella for helping me through the hard times.

I've hated it when people give vague time-frames for roughly as long as I can remember

My wife is leaving me because of my obsession with caterpillars.

"Give it time, " I said, "I can change. "

I don't know how to tell people this...

But I want to be a translator.

My pet iguana had a nightmare last night that he was a tortoise.

Daft sod had fallen asleep in my bike helmet.

I was driving to work this morning when I saw a sign saying 'Low Trees'.

So I stopped, got out and gave one a cuddle.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

MAE Abbers,

Well Mick quitting has been a mixed bag. My sense of smell is increased but mainly for the nasty smells...annoying.
    Sadly quitting has allowed me to develop mild asthma so I don't have much benefit breathing wise and find it hard to exercise except in an air conditioned gym. I will get treatment if it doesn't improve.

Lav I promise I will hunt you down if you start up again.....it was far harder to quit than booze for me...mainly because I did it all day I think, everywhere in my life. Plus I smoked even more when I quit booze so it became an even greater crutch.

Just glad it is over....I joined quitnet to get the job done....couldn't get traction on it here for some reason. Kept trying with K9 and failing when others did.

Comment

Morning all
      cloudy cool day, woke up last night at about 2 AM to the sound of coyotes howling, this was after dreaming that someone was choking me.... sheesh... active night, might as well join in the brew, possibly 2.

Morning Mick, glad your knee is better. Ice, ice, and more ice???

Kuya, the one habit I tried so desperately to do and it always made me sick.... thank goodness! don't know why booze didn't have the same repulsion. My wife finally quit this summer.

off to work friends
      be good
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Friday to all

Looks like rain moving in later but at least it's not as cold.
        I'm getting ready to head to Curves then back for some work, nothing exciting!!

PQ, a belated Happy Birthday to you!! Welcome to the six oh club, LOL
        I hope you can work out something comfortable for yourself in the job department.

Mick, glad you are holding yourself together in the knee/teeth department!!!
        I am grateful for dental insurance that has covered all of our needs except for some of the orthodontic $$ when the kids were young.

Bear, I hope you can keep your focus & not worry about things you cannot control.

Sam, I understand coyotes have been spotted up here but I've never seen one, creepy!!
        I hope your day improves!!

Kuya, I think it takes quite a long time for your lungs to repair themselves after quitting smoking. I was hoping for an instant miracle but that didn't happen. It will be 7 years for me in May & I can say I feel pretty darn good now Hang in there, improvements are on the way!

Wishing everyone a pleasant AF Friday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick I hate the dentist!! I think they make stuff up to charge us more Sam,that dream sounds creepy!plus a coyote to boot,sounds like a Halloween night,Happy Belated birthday PQ,the 5th is the same day as one of my brothers Bear,I think its January blues,I have it too on and off,I decided to wait until I'm further down the AF road to quit smoking, I've upped my exercise, been trying to eat cleaner,taper off my anxiety med,I need to keep my focus on the no boozecruise and not put pressure on myself to do too much,although I'm trying healthier things,it still takes planning and willpower that I'd rather use for my main goal of staying sober,yesterday I was close to wanting to drink,I had weighed myself (fecker won't budge) smoked more than my allotted amount, ate a piece of candy and I got depressed cuz I blew my goals and just felt that eff it feeling, left work and came home and napped,felt better anyways ,much love to all,hope everyone has a lovely Friday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yay, Mick on the dental jokes! A dentist who doesn't like tea set me to giggling! You're right that success with the dog and the faucet, have started the new year off in excellent fashion. Clear thinking, and the ability to participate fully in life are huge benefits that have come to me with the banishment of alcohol.

PQ, if you're in a position to cherry-pick job functions, I say go for it! No reason not to advocate for yourself in this way. Milestone birthdays have a way of bringing priorities into focus for me too. Happy Six Oh to you!

Kuya, I agree that smoking is much more integral, or pervasive in my routines than alcohol was, so more difficult to stop. Thanks for mentioning Quitnet.

Sam, how is your wife feeling about her smoking quit at this point?

Lav, hats off to you as a 7 year veteran of the quit smoking wars!

Bear, de-cluttering has become a lifestyle/mindset for me. I rarely open a drawer or closet without considering if there's something in there I can discard.

Greetings to Pauly, and all yet to stop by.

xpost, Pauly! Naps make everyting better!
            Last edited by Pie; January 8, 2016, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Hey everyone - we officially have the meeting with directors next Friday re our team so should find out more then.

I'm shocked at how jittery,anxious and angry I feel - and how my first reaction was that I want to get pissed. Always good when you find these things out at the same time as your team with no more info and they obviously have questions.

Anyway it is what it is,maybe in some ways I could do with a rest - I think I know the outcome for our line manager because of politics with a small p.I want to shout it's so unfair - but it won't change anything and will only make me feel more stressed.
              Breathe - it's the weekend
              one day at a time

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for kicking us off. Was going to post this morning and the next thing I knew if I didn't get my butt in gear I'd be late. Now home again as nothing was going on at work and boss said why don't you go. I went. Better you than me at the dentist. I will only do sedation now. That is some load. Glad I'm not hauling it. Thanks for the congrats and as far as the job(s) go we'll have to wait and see.

KY...selective smelling, now that's funny. I am surprised about the asthma.

Sam...what a night! Hope tonight is better for you. Those coyotes can really make a racket.

Lav...thanks. I hope I get something sorted out that works for everyone.

Pauly...thanks. I agree with you about the dentists.

Pi...thanks. You sure have made a great start to the new year.

Bear...not sure what's going on with you but I'll find out the details after Friday. Work issues suck! Breathe is right.

Going to read the jokes now, check out the dentist one. Not sure what the rest of the afternoon will bring. Have a Fantastic Friday all and all to come.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                X