sunday 10 th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday 10 th

mornin all ..pouring with rain here...really? I hear you say..so not going detecting...quick jump in here then get on with some work...howz the weekend going for everyone?lets have a brew to start with...

Det firstly good for you for not drinking and coping with the thoughts..have tyuo worked out what the triggers are yet?thats the key to it...that and being able to say noo ,which in some situations it seems you cant..once you identify those then you can crack on mate

hiya ppqp...hows you ...?is there any improvement with the eyes since you started this course of treatment? I hope so...Knee is strapped up again...was out yesterday without it on,and it is certainly aching ..as for the weather...no this is not the usual........but listening to the reports yesterday there seems to be an air of acceptance that this is the way of things to come!! not like your -29!!

hiya Lav...the best laid plans........seems to me you are getting more than your fair share of sunshine ..trade you for a brew?so its soup today then? chuck the chicken in the pot and orf we go... yep the cure all for illnesses ..chicken soup and a chuckie egg!!

hiya pauly ...hows you today?got rid of the blues? hope so...it does make you wonder why that guy caught caught ..not the how..that was just through stupidity and look at me Im the greatest .com..what was interesting was the need for the cops to parade him around as they did...exactly in the same way as he escaped 2 years previous triple s back to you ..only Sunday!!

hiya Sam...hows you then? cracking shindig that looked ...as far as the vet vid goes ..if you can watch the series the guy is fantastic..there is no set pattern to what he does ..as for the dog....go for it...

hiya Kuya ,hows things ..after your late night /early morning?hows the wheeze?a for the insurance...Im pretty sure that they will try their best not to pay...the act of god clause!! as for Noel in the supervet..Im not so sure that he is fully engaged in the humanistic side of talking to/with the pet owners...If you look at the series ,I think he plays a very very good role in being sympathetic with the owners,but on his own with the animals he definitely empathises with them..a brill iant example is series 1 episode 3..its a retriever i think with a spine disorder? he operates ...and within 48 hours the dog is actually starting to walk...Noel is crying when he sees it...and explains his feelings about it and what he does and why he does it...

hiya pie,ns,bear hope all is well with you good people too..

work calls.....have a good one...

Q: If there were four potatoes in a room, which one would be the prostitute?
    A: The one that's labeled "Idaho."

A blonde orders a pizza and is asked if she wants it cut into six or 12 pieces.
    She responds, "Six, please. I could never eat 12 pieces."

A nun wanted to enter a racehorse into a race, but then she realized that they cost way too much money, so instead, she bought a donkey.
    The next day, she enters it into a contest, and it comes in third.
    The headlines read, ''Nun's Ass Chokes.''
    The next day, she entered it in another competition and this time it came in first.
    The headlines were, ''Nun's Ass Wins Grand Prize.''
    The following day, the owner scratched the donkey from the race.
    The headlines read, ''Booker Scratches Nun's Ass.''
    And on the next day, the nun sold the donkey for a really cheap price.
    The headlines were ''Nun Sells Her Ass for $5.''

Little Johnny was in church with him mom for Sunday Mass when he suddenly felt nauseous.
    "Mom, I think I'm going to throw up!"
    She told him, "I want you to run outside as fast as you can. Run across the lawn and go behind the bushes. You can throw up behind the bushes and nobody will see you."
    So Little Johnny hauled ass for the door. Less than a minute later, he returned to his seat next to his mom. He had the look of obvious relief on his young face.
    "Did you make it all the way to the bushes, Johnny?"
    "I didn't have to go that far, mom.
    Just as I got to the front door, I found a box that had a sign on it: FOR THE SICK.''

Q: What happened to the Native American who drank too much tea?

A: He drowned in his own tea pee.

A new law recently passed in Arkansas.
    When a couple is divorced, they can still legally be brother and sister.

"WE WON!" I screamed, as the X-Lotto numbers were read out. "GET THE TICKET WOMAN! GET THE TICKET!"

"I've got some bad news, and some good news." Responded the missus.

"The bad news is, the ticket was in your pocket when I washed it this afternoon."

"The good news is, you get a consolation prize.

-A T-shirt with the winning numbers on it."

I don't know why leopards even bother climbing up into trees to hide.

They're still spotted.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good Sunday morning Abbers!

Rain & wind here too Mick, no sun today!
    Cold weather is on the way for the rest of the week.

There was no winner in the Poweball Jackpot lottery drawing last night. This makes Wednesday's jackpot at least $1.3 BILLION!!!
    Yep, I will keep buying tickets

Today I will try to do the stuff I wanted to do yesterday before the kids invaded!
    Hello to everyone & wishing a great AF day for all.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all
      thanks for the start up Mick, yep, I found that some vets really are excellent with animals, not so with the human species. Hope the weather clears off soon for you. Yes, that was a fun time, it was before Xmas, that was the place I almost could not remember how to open a bottle of wine. Interestingly, didn't bother to be in that environment. Last night went to a little bar in town to see friends play. Forgot how loud the mass of humanity can be. Again, nice to not worry about whether to have one or not cause there's no pressure. The only pressure is what you put on yourself. Happy with where I am.

hopefully clearing off today, rained hard late last night. off to rotate cows to another field.

be well good friends
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Really appreciate the link to Supervets, Mick. I hadn't heard of the show, and look forward to watching more. One distressed owner in anticipation of surgery on her pet says, "I think the gin bottle might come out." Made me chuckle! Too funny on the Idaho potato joke as well.

Sorry 'bout continued rain. We're sunny here, though cold. Pauly, I got only a bit of small hail, not the newsworthy kind.

Made my favorite pea soup yesterday. Love having something yummy simmering in the crock pot for hours. Lav, I forgot to grab a Powerball ticket for last night. Good to know I'll have another chance.

Sam thanks for the update on your wife's smoking quit. Sounds like she's adapting. Health concerns aside, I agree that the smell is awful. Didn't keep me from lighting up a few in the house last night though, as it was so windy and cold outdoors where I normally smoke.

Mick, the project I'd love to tackle is to add a stacked stone veneer to my fireplace, like in this pic.
        stacked stone fireplace.jpg

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,how's your bougie? Mines dead too cold again I guess,Sam have fun rotating cows haha,sounds funny,Lav,when all 3 kids are over is it a madhouse or do they occupy themselves? Sometimes Louie's cousin comes over here with them and I can only tolerate it for 30 minutes tops,they fight over toys,hit each other, etc but they're still little too,probably why,hadta grocery shop today,barf,I get so tired of the same foods over and over,I like to try new recipes but usually only on Sunday cuz I have the time,during the week I barely have the time and energy to throw something in the oven haha,Kuya,I refuse to stay up til 3 am,I'd be a zombie for a week,hope everyone has a great AF Sunday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

X-post Pie,glad you didn't get crazy hail,yeah Ihate smoking in the cold but do it anyways,agreed on the smell though P.U!!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hey everyone,lovely relaxing day,yoga,then snooze and bath then round to friends for dinner.

I'm not feeling tired,bit restless,I kind of want to know what is going to happen at Friday's work meeting,but I won't so need to accept it.Can't imagine going through this and drinking,really pleased I don't do it anymore.Yet part of me feels I'm missing out,usually when I'm aimlessly looking through facebook.

May pop to bed with book and see if that helps.
              one day at a time

Comment

Working...
              X