mon 11th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mon 11th

mornin all ...how are we today ...the start of the working week?its pretty cold over here....-2 Julie told me last night about 10 that the tumble drier wasnt working,so Ive just stripped it down..looks like rthe heating element and the thermostats have gone...choice is ..take the chance and buy the spares at £18 and replace them myself or buy a new drier at 179...never done much lectrix before but its worth a shot.....just ordered spares......

right then ...brew time..all in?

hey bear hows you then?Friday will be here soon enough....just enjoy yourself...glad you appreciate the not drinking.....

hiya pauly ...my boogie has gone into stick mode too.....did you try any recipes yesterday?

hiya pie...glad you like the series ...I luv it.......and your next project......

thats roughly it ...but the pic you put up...my friends down the road did exactly that only with blue slate...cmon then get those sleeves rolled up!!

mornin Sam...ok how to open a bottle of wine....get a long thin stick....and a bootlace...push cork into bottle until it is almost free ..push stick into cork then push cork into bottle till it floats loose...get bootlace ,tie knot in one end and put into bottle below cork using stick guide cork back into neck of bottle with knot in lace below it..pull up through neck till cork is removed.....method 2......remove sock...put over top of drinking glass..smash neck of bottle and strain thru sock...method 3 ...something to do with a corkscrew?????
    hafta report ...no rain just frost went up to friends farm yesterday...they may lose some of their lambs because of the weather....the Texels are strong but the rest are on multi vit...

hiya Lav..lottery was won over here ..2 people shared £66 million pounds..I wasnt one of them!!so here you go ..cheap nescafe coffee!!any plans for today?

hiya kuya everything ok?likewise ns and det?

be well folks......hope I remember how this goes back!!

20160111_084637.jpg

20160111_084546.jpg

What does an Elephant drink through?

Its problems.

I never eat dessert during a weekday or a Saturday, I save myself for Sundae's.

Sad to hear the Head of Latin at my old Catholic School died yesterday.

A mass will be said for him later today.

And amo.

And amat

"Doctor doctor, I keep using the wrong honorific on total strangers!"

"That's great mate, but I'm a builder."

Donald Trump has said he was shocked to hear that David Bowie had passed away

He said his was the best knife he had ever used

I did a degree in philosophy at university.

Or did I?

So Sean Penn had interviewed Guzman 'El Chapo' for Rolling Stone before his re-capture.

Authorities have expressed their disgust.

'It was quite unusual that a low life, junkie scum-bag wanted this meeting to take place in the first place' said Guzman.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

MAE Abbers

Damn so sad to hear Bowie died... actually made me cry.

I am ok Mick ... seem to have lost a day somehow... although I did work all day yesterday (sunday) so I am a little out of step.

Not so busy today after the hectic week we had. need to catch up on office work --- Boooo

Also I must , must make travel decisions soon.... the idea of a real holiday is so alien to me... nearly 7 years since I had one!

Comment

morning all
      a quick peek in, off to more or less complete the Soil & Water job. It was after all a part thang.

thanks for the instructions Mick, next I'll know and at least can look back here to review!

Kuya, vacating is great, once you do it. My wife and I finally went to the beach for a 3 day stint, we hadn't been anywhere without obligations for about 12 years. It felt wonderful!

off to it folks
      be well everyone
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good Monday morning Abbers,

RIP David Bowie. That was some sad news to hear first thing in the morning.

Very cold & windy here but no precipitation, yay!
        Thanks for the coffee Mick. Good luck with your dryer repair, I've worn out a few of them in my lifetime too!

I have a dental appointment to get my teeth cleaned & a trip to Curves this morning. Such excitement, ha ha!
        I need to sit down & get my business stuff together for the tax guy at some point as well.

Kuya, I haven't been on any sort of real vacation for many years myself. I hope you can relax & actually enjoy the trip. You deserve a good break

Greetings to everyone, I'll probably check in later.
        Have a fabulous AF day!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,yes sad of David Bowie's passing, he had a lot of great songs,not much up in paulysville,just wanted to check in, I hope we all have a great Monday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi David says Freddie,do you fancy a sing ,
            with the beatles in the background doin their thing
            Yup says Davey, dont mind if I do.
            Oh yeah and Elvis..you join in too.

So off they set a singing some tune,
            Stevie W on the piano, Frankie S doin a croon,
            The Bee Gees in the back givin it big,
            Janis J, and Jimi H supportin the gig.

Bobby Darin in the corner showin what he could do,
            T Rex and the Carpenters they were there too.
            The worlds biggest chorus line singin their song..
            Alvin and Joe Cocker strummin along,

The sing song goes on even now as we speak,
            With members joinin every new week,
            It will still be goin for you and me,
            Cos that gig will be runnin for eternity
            Last edited by Mick; January 11, 2016, 12:12 PM.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

You've gotten way farther along with the dryer than I would have, Mick. Coincidentally, my brother just fixed Dad's dryer with an inexpensive part he bought on ebay. Great instructional video on the stone fireplace; led me to watching several more.

Sitting here with hair done and make-up on, watching for a school job to turn up. We'll see.

Greetings to all!
              Last edited by Pie; January 11, 2016, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Hey everyone,really sad about Bowie,he is such an icon, and changed so much in terms of music and also was a truly unique individual.Much missed.

Other than that spoke to managers about how I felt they had communicated about meeting coming up poorly,didn't go in one bit. Least I said it and it's done now.

We will see what happens.Turns out I will get lot more redundancy than I thought so that at least is good.That's the worst case scenario.
                Other than that,I've been for a run, and just off into shower before TV for evening.
                one day at a time

Comment

MAE ALL....

Ended up heading out to Banff for the day on Sunday. Weather was just too nice to stay indoors.
                  Back at the grind....nothing much going on today.......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mick, we did indeed love David Bowie
                    David Bowie's Philadelphia

Hey there PQ, Pie, Pauly, bear & Sam!!!

Have a peaceful nigh everyone.
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Just got back from Florida....decided to go at the last minute. I think its the first real vacation I've had in a long time. I used to go on vacation but still lug along the stress of work in my cells.....to return with this sick feeling of having to return to work. Since my job is so different now....there was no stress in tow....was able to be really present for it. It was cloudy most of the trip....except for the last day....so we ended up staying a bit longer that day than intended. Kids played in the ocean and we all came home with sunburns

Definitely feeling a huge difference with the upgrade in nutrition...who would have thought! I am so much more in tune with "how I feel" than the number on the scale. That number always seems to disappoint me. Clothes are definitely looser, sleeping better and a ton more energy.

Mick...we still have inursance on the condo which covers our dryer. I can't tell you how many times the repairman has been here.....swears we will get a new one----for them to fix it with some cheap part. Although we did get a new washer one time it broke.

Its cold and sunny here. Yes, 30 degrees is cold! Certainly glad I don't have -2 temps. How do people live like that? We get the freezing rain all the time----and it is so much worse than 4 feet of snow.

Glad everyone is doing well.
                      Last edited by TheSunFlower97; January 12, 2016, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X