thursday 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thursday 14th

good morning all....well pretty cold here today,and snow on the way yipee!! its supposed to be snowing by the weekend,we shall see...so hows the world today then?all good I hope..hump day gone,pre poets day today.......cleaned the garage (or man cave as Lav calls it)out and reshuffled things about..its still house the worlds best rabbit hutch shaped store cupboard!!
    ok brew time it is ..here we go........

hiya ppqp ...are you ok?is he for real?anyways main thing is that you didnt get a drink.....:hug: it just isnt worth it,but hey I dont hafta tell you that one....I am so pleased that the wee voice said nope it aint hapnin!!as for apologisin on the fred....you dont ...its about sharing....

hiya Sam...hows you then ..?thats good nooze about the suveying business..pretty good of your ex pardner too!!If there was one thing I would do..its change the name of the conservation company! yep appreciate that it is a noun...but it could so easily be verbs!!!!:congratulatory:

hiya Lav,hows you today then?hope you are well.....hows your doggie?is she ok?so hubby is building a greenhouse? thought he had retired proper or was he working part time?Im getting back into this exercise again ....I am slowly getting my head round the fact that distance running for me isnt an option any more because of my knee, but was on the treadmilll yesterday...speedwalking ..or trying to ..that doesnt hurt...did 40 minutes walking at 4mph and mixed in with that was 10 mins at 4.5 mph..and I actually enjoyed it..plus my swimming and other exercises...intend to to grow older disgracefully!!brew for you madam?have a great day....wathceed a great documentary..the sixties a generation that shaped America https://youtu.be/mUc2eLe-ruI

hiya pauly...hows you today then?hopefully all good....what is it with hairdressing?was a programme on telly last night about a hairdressers..and they were all bitching at each other ..and the worst was the owner!! Peony rose isnt planted yet (2 of them from poundland) but this is the one...

ba8c2a.jpg

how you gettin on with your steps?did you get your walk in?my yesterday was 12316,so please with that!

hiya pie ..hows you then? well anything turn up on the school front?hope so...i would willingly have a crack at that fireplace..pinewoood or oak(pine is cheaper and easier to come by!)mantel stained either antique pine or jacobean oak ...finished with about 4 coats of satin /matt varnish..would rather use wax but its pointless over the fire...then put your centre key stone that forms the arch about 5 ft above the centre.have a wee measure to see what it would look like and adjust accordingly.then form your arch on a gentle curve both sides..then the fun begins ..infill to the mantel...job done..then with the space above the arch...the world is your oyster!!go on you know you want to do it

hiya everyone else,Kuya Ns Det SF bear Hope you are doing good...

Famous couples' nicknames get odder and odder:
    Benifer
    SamCam
    Posh and Becks
    and now it's:
    Jerry and the Pacemaker

My tax adviser asked if I had any shares.

I told her I have 125 shares in Facebook - and over 1,200 likes

Steps were the biggest challenge to Daleks.

Steps sounded worse, in my opinion.

Rupert Murdoch gave Jerry Hall a nice wedding gift, an antique organ

My teacher always said I needed to be more articulated. Now I'm a lorry driver.

I tied the knot for the first time when I was 42.

I'm crap with shoe laces .

How I count to ten:
    1, 2 ,3 ,4 ,5 6 , 7 ,8 ,9 ,10
    How Bill Gates counts to ten:
    1, 2, 3, 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
    Last edited by Mick; January 14, 2016, 06:45 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Mae everybody, Mick,you need to change your signature as you're proudly marching into year 4 I made myself get my steps in at about 4:30 in the afternoon yesterday, did some sprints/walks they say exercise too late in the day can cause insomnia but hey I don't sleep anyways so at least I'll be an in shape insomniac haha! Oh and most hairdressers are bitches,of course they're nice to the public that's who's paying their bills but it takes a certain type of personality to do hair,arrogance perhaps, plus being told how wonderful you are gets the ego going,plus the competition to keep your customers, plus its mostly women or gay guys and we're all gossip hounds not all but in my 25 years working in different shops this is my observation, I watched my 600 lb life and the new one where they cut off all the old skin,hubs hates watching it but I love it for some reason,no powerball for me there's no lotto in NV but people were driving to Cali and AZ and I had a friend get me a quick pick,not one bloody number! PPQP,great big hug to you and I'm glad you thought it through and didn't drink Mick has been my go to many times too,buzzkiller Hahahaha! Lav,j laughed when you said your dog has old lady bladder syndrome,I think I have that too haha,2 days off soda been drinkin coffee at work, don't miss the soda......yet,we shall see when summer comes,anyways,much love to all,let's kick Thursdays ass!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mick, the buzzkiller! High five to Pauly for that moniker. And another five to PQ for showin' how it's done! SO glad to hear you didn't allow Ex's shenanigans to multiply the impact on you, PQ. Completely understand your desire to go numb to it all though; kudos for finding another way.

No school jobs yesterday, Mick. Should be plentiful on Friday though. I actually want to clad the fireplace all the way to the ceiling. Pretty sure I'll hire it done at some point, as the stone work doesn't appeal now that I've thought about it. Good for you on the exercise and graceful aging!

Lav, I remember it being very difficult to assist my big dog when age took her mobility. A bath towel used as a sling under her tummy, and towards the back legs was useful in helping her get up and out.

Forecast high near 70 degrees and sunny today.

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Thursday to all!

Made it to my granddaughter's just after 7 am, oh boy!
        I was awake more than an hour before the 5 am alarm went off. Is this going to be the year of the insomniac? Ha ha!!!!

Mick, YB retired in early 2003 after 30 years in the police department. He worked a few part time jobs until he found his current full time job. Now at the age of 63 he needs to retire again. All I want to do is live through this one, he is extremely difficult
        I hope he keeps himself occupied building his greenhouse & stays out of my hair.

PQ, what a shame you have to put up with that nonsense. You made a great choice to take care of yourself. Don't isolate, jump on here when you feel stressed. That's what I do :hug:

Pauly, hostile works environments just suck, sorry you have to deal with that. Have you given any thought to possibly learning something new? There's no perfect work environment but some are definitely better than others.

Pie, so Friday is a good day for subs? I guess that's OK & you can plan your week accordingly
        I Would definitely hire someone to do that job. My fear of heights is too much to overcome, ha ha!
        I have been moving throw rugs around to help Maxie get to her feet because the hardwood floors are slippery. I need help to get her to the vet office to get her nails clipped which also helps. I can't get her in & out of my car very easily.

Hello to all the missing folks. Will check in later.
        Have a great AF day everyone.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL....
          Very late check in for me. Been busy with website design and server implementation. Thanks to all....I did make the right decision. LOL
          Will try not to isolate even if it means just a quick post....like this one.
          Been snowing all day and temps are supposed to drop tomorrow. Good thing my workload can be handled indoors.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good to see you back today PQ

Mick - I just watched the entire PBS documentary, OMG!!!
            It had me smiling & crying at the same time feeling all the feels. I was in high school during the late 60's, my brother shipped out to Vietnam in the summer of 68. God that was such an amazing & scary time. Thanks for posting that link.

Peace to all tonight!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X