Sattiday the 6th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sattiday the 6th

mornin all ...hows about ye ?all good I hope....went to my friends leaving do,nice to see a lot of old as in known faces there,and a good old catch up...but one thing is for sure ...you cant go back..nor do I wish it either....one guy really impressed me...at one stage he was my deputy...weighed about 23 stone..saw him last night and hardly recognised him....a mere 14 stone..all in all a good night tho...

and now ..its raining..I had just taken the roof vent off my greenhoose,as the wind decided to play games with its shape and now its chucking it down with rain...oh well...plant sorting out time today..

right first a brew ..out detecting tomorrow..early start.....

mornin kuya...hows you?hows the fun week doing ?still got probs with tinternet connections?likewise and I am only the other side of Oldham..not the wureld!!when you come over bring some sun with you!!yes it was moi that asked Pauly about the withches of Eastwick that tend to have their own little exclusive clique..(Wed 3)an ongoing saga she has with them as people...

hey Sam ..hows you then ? did you get the tyres?by adding a coupla words adds a few quid onto the price..""yep these are super low profiles with assisted blah blah...they are a mere snip at $500 a piece!!"have a great day my friend..

hiya pauly hows you today then?that was a reeelly nice pic you put up on fb...what you up to today then?do you work weekends too?like Lav,I hope I treat people the same as they treat me..I like a laff and a joke,and yep I guess over the years a few tool in the box have gone rusty....(posh way of saying bit of a nut!)..you have great day :hug:

mornin Lav....Mick, 'life is like a roll of toilet paper.....'
    I will have to remember that one, LOL
    It really is a true statement & scares me just a little ....especially after a dodgy curry!!!!!!!:welldone: hows you today then?all good I hope..did you get your stitching done or is it an ongoing thing? here you go large cawfee for the lady....(thats how they say it in films!)..getting to the sorting out seeds and plants today....despite the rain!!
    no Daniel or George today?

hiya ppqp...working today?man alive whats this about?eek long time since I worked weekends..you take it easy and think of you

hiya pie and the canine crew...all good with you today I hope?

hiya ns ..hope all is well with you too..well I know it will be :thumbsup:

hiya det..hows things?settling down now?

mornin bear ..hope all is good with you too..

right good folks have a great weekend...

My girlfriend disliked my obsession with Japanese food, sushi left me.

Found a card in a phone box last night that read, 'Phone this number if you want to have a good time'.

So I did,

A voice answered, "5pm, Friday."

How the hell does a crane fall and crash in New York when all the super heroes live there?

"Every time I see you, you have a fcking beer can in your hand. Are you becoming an alcoholic?!" screamed the missus.

I just told her yes, because it was much easier than admitting to her that last week my mate Dave dared me to glue it to my hand just to see what would happen.

An old priest got sick of all the people in his parish who kept confessing to adultery. One Sunday, in the pulpit, he exclaimed, "if I hear one more person confess to adultery, I'll quit!"

As everyone liked him they came up with a code word; someone who had committed adultery would say they had "fallen". This seemed to satisfy the old priest and things went well, until the priest died at a ripe old age.

About a week after the new priest arrived, he visited the Mayor of the town and seemed very concerned. The priest said, "you have to do something about the sidewalks in town. When people come into the confessional, they keep talking about having fallen."

The Mayor started to laugh, realizing that no-one had told the new priest about the code word. Before the mayor could explain, the priest shook an accusing finger at the Mayor and said, "I don't know what you're laughing about, your wife fell three times this week."

After appearing late at work for three days on the trot and telling the boss I'd slept badly, he gave me a sleeping pill.
    That evening I took the pill, went to bed, slept like a log and appeared on the job at 6 am.
    I gave the boss a smug grin when he arrived and said, "How's that then?"
    The boss said, "Where the feck were you yesterday?"

The Pink Panther's To Do list:
    - To do
    - To do
    - To do, to do, to do, to do, to doooo

A cowboy was riding into a strange town when he saw a couple of Indians.
    "Can you tell me where the nearest toilet is?" asked the cowboy.
    "We just use that bush over there," answered one of the Indians.
    The cowboy went behind the bush and had a piss, but when he came out all the Indians were laughing.
    "What's so fcking funny?" he asked.
    "That's the ladies," shouted the Indians.

Women on Haircuts:

Woman 1: Oh! That haircut is so cute!
    Woman 2: You think so? I wasn't sure when she gave me the mirror. I mean, you don't think it's too fluffy looking?
    Woman 1: Oh God no! It's perfect. I'd love to get my hair cut like that, but I think my face is too wide. I'm pretty much stuck with this stuff I think.
    Woman 2: Are you serious? I think your face is adorable. And you could easily get one of those layer cuts, that would look so cute I think. I was actually going to do that except that I was afraid it would accent my long neck.
    Woman 1: Oh, that's funny! I would love to have your neck! Anything to take attention away from this two-by-four I have for a shoulder line.
    Woman 2: Are you kidding? I know girls that would kill for your shoulders. Everything drapes so well on you. I mean, look at my arms, see how short they are? If I had your shoulders I could get clothes to fit me so much easier.

And so on ...

Men on Haircuts:

Man 1: Haircut?
    Man 2: Aye.
    Man 1: Looks ok
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Hi Mick.

I have answered the Pauly thing and not going to reignite it.

I am booking flights in the next couple days and will email you with dates.

I am gonna be so busy I will not be posting much, so this is a great time to say bye to thread members.

I have cleared my PMs ....anyone who wants to keep in touch PM me

Comment

morning all
      got chilly last night and the mud seems to have hardened a bit. Thanks for the start up, Mick. Tires bought, need a front alignment and inspection and good to go. Anything of historical note where you detecting today?

Kuya, enjoy your trip, hope we get to see some pics, if you're into that. Safe travels to you.

off to visit some farms today, trying to wrap that part of the job up and on to more training. Since I've turned 60, I feel like I've done more training than I have for a long time. Guess I'm getting geared up for old age potty training!!!

Lav, bit more weather coming our way early next week?? Doesn't sound like much, something to add to the mud.

Pauly, I agree, very lovely pic on FB.

PQ, got a new / old transit yesterday and data collector, got to learn all over again, I still live in the semi world of DOS! Guess I gotta "grow up" It is a robotic thang so I hope to have help when I can't find any.

Pi, how's things in your neck of the woods, ol man winter thinking of moving on?

waves to Det, Bear, NS, Byrdie (glad you came and did some translating), SF and any I missed
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE All, Awoke at 5am to a raging thunderstorm. Passed very quickly though, and looks like a beautiful weather day ahead. Canine guests doing well. Took me a couple of days to get comfortable with their food and medication regimens, but we're good now.

Have experienced some longing for the numbness evening wine used to bring. Have to make a point of not dwelling on these thoughts. Occurs to me that living alcohol-free is a trade off, and that what I've gained is so much more valuable to me than the brief pleasure of what I don't do anymore. Can't have it both ways, eh?

Mick, wabbits in wellies? Weally?

Hi Kuya, Sam, and Abbers yet to come.

Comment

Good Saturday morning Abbers!

Chilly but sunny so far & that's a good thing

Thanks for the startup Mick!
          Glad you enjoyed your outing, seeing old friends from work can be an eye opening experience.
          I keep those two machines running as much as possible because I am addicted to $$, haha!!

kuya, I hope you have a wonderful & safe trip!

Sam, I am counting on next week's weather assault to be minor. I don't know about you but we still have snow piles hanging around from the blizzard of two weeks ago. And we also have plenty of MUD! I bet you can find some You Tube help with your new transit Google it friend!!!!

Pie, even after all this time I still have momentary desires to mentally check out. But I also have a strong auto-responder that says NO, that's BS.....go do something else!!! I credit the hypnotherapy I used in the beginning for that. Who knew those hypno CDs were that effective?
          I hope your doggie company keeps you happy & busy this weekend!

Hello to everyone else. I will check in later.
          I need to get to the feed store before they close at noon!!!
          Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
            MAE All, Awoke at 5am to a raging thunderstorm. Passed very quickly though, and looks like a beautiful weather day ahead. Canine guests doing well. Took me a couple of days to get comfortable with their food and medication regimens, but we're good now.

Have experienced some longing for the numbness evening wine used to bring. Have to make a point of not dwelling on these thoughts. Occurs to me that living alcohol-free is a trade off, and that what I've gained is so much more valuable to me than the brief pleasure of what I don't do anymore. Can't have it both ways, eh?

Mick, wabbits in wellies? Weally?

Hi Kuya, Sam, and Abbers yet to come.
            good for you pie...the trade off is def worth it....a few irritating thoughts for control of your own destiny?no brainer ...well done
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

hey everyone,quick whizz in,am shattered,felt sick,shaky and sweaty before so cancelled trip to see friends and went back to bed.I'm up again now and feeling better but bit zonked.

Jobs are safe,jobs for all at my level now, boss has been treated badly but I can only support him with that. I am relieved and feel very fortunate,good wages,good company,I like the line of work - and new people to manage which is just what I need I think

I think I just feel shattered that it is all finally over,and I had started planning a different life and a break!I now appreciate my job and organisation a lot more,I also am planning to really tackle finances so if I ever do decide to take some time off I will have the money to enable me to do it and have cleared my credit card debt.
              Not doing anything this weekend,think I need to hibernate a little.
              It was scary how big the temptation to drink has been,but a good reminder of why I don't do that anymore.Met an old acquaintance last night who has also stopped drinking 4 years ago.Feeling like it is the new normal again,but am on my guard.
              I'm coming up 8 months next weekend.
              one day at a time

Comment

Quick hello here but I saw that Pauly has recently done 100 days AF (I think) - and I see that you are nearly 8 months AF Bear. Thats terrific!
                All well here and a big hello to everyone.

Comment

MAE ALL....

Nothing's ever simple! Ran into issues with the computers so it's back to work tomorrow to finish up. Knock wood.
                  Thanks for the kickstart Mick. Glad you leaving do was a good one. Yup, I wouldn't want to go back either.

At least DOS made sense Sam. Good luck with the new transit. Made me think about how many people would be out of work if they had those during my surveying days.

Got that right Pi...can't have it both ways. Good job on riding the numbness wave, you sound so good these days.

Hope you made it to the feed store in time Lav. That's one thing I don't miss, all the MUD!

Sorry to hear you woke up sick Bear but elated to hear that the work situation is sorted. That temptation to drink is scary and so proud of you for not succumbing. Bring it on 8 months, there's more where that came from.

Hey TT...long time no read. LOL Glad to hear all is good with you.

Off to figure out some lunch and forget about work. Think I have some NCIS shows taped so am going to hibernate along with Bear. Have a Super Saturday all and all to come......:smile:PPQP

Comment

hidy ho ABerooos!

back and getting unpacked. whew! have i mentioned I'm sick of hotel rooms? must find job must find job must find job must find job

Mick, I had to read that twice, thought you said doggy curry.

Sam, i plan to be learning and growing til my last breath. good on ya mate.

Pie, I can relate to your post so very well.

well, it's a balmy 50F today and snow is melting Got in a some nice easy hiking this morn and a hangout with sober friend.

Dx has a play to attend tonight so I think some mindless movie entertainment is in order.

TTops! good to see you here.

Shouts to Lav, Pauly, Bear PPQ and happy fun travels to Kuya

be well
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

hey everyone,I'm off on a holiday from MWO for a while - I'm posting on another forum which TBH feels like a better fit for me now - and I'm struggling to combine the two/spending too much time online.

Thanks for your support and strength and I wish all of you well.
                      I may pop in to say hi every so often and wanted to thank you all - this group has been key to my getting sober in the first place for which I am forever grateful.

lots of love and continued happy sobriety

Bear xx
                      one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                      X