monday 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monday 8

mornin all...how are we today then?all good Ihope...was out yesterday ..didnt find too much ,though my friend found a nice coin..strangely enough.it wasnt raining...but today signifies the start of storm Imogen.....in prevoius years it would just have been "the weather is shit again" but now we have moved into naming them all....so far this is our track record...

Abigail 10 November 2015 12 - 13 November 2015
    Barney 16 November 2015 17 - 18 November 2015
    Clodagh (Clo-da) 28 November 2015 29 November 2015
    Desmond 4 December 2015 5 - 6 December 2015
    Eva 22 December 2015 24 December 2015
    Storm Frank 28 December 2015 29 - 30 December 2015
    Gertrude 28 January 2016 29 January 2016
    Henry 30 January 2016 1 - 2 February 2016
    Imogen 8 February
    Jake
    Katie
    Lawrence
    Mary
    Nigel
    Orla
    Phil
    Rhonda
    Steve
    Tegan
    Vernon
    Wendy

good eh?so dont think we are going far today then...

right brew time......

bear ..best of luck to you in your quest...hope it all works out for you...

hiya Kuya....glad things are getting busier for you...on the work front too? glad you like swimming..the way this is going you will be swimming down Piccadilly...

Sam big congrats on a fousand and free...yep free of the what has to be the biggest restrictor in your life................just in case Mrs Sam is readin this ..Im talkin bout booze...:thumbsup: did you get the cattle run thru yesterday..I must have a sad life ..I know what a chute is....its when you funnel them thru a narrow corridor ,for either moving to other areas ,or dips,or meds etc .wide enough to go thru too narrow to turn round...where I learned that from ..your guess is as good as mine!!I remember going ranching on r and r in Canada about 30 years ago ..who knows..

hiya ppqp...hows you then?just reading your post ...looks like I wasnt too far off the mark!....just thinking ...you nev er took Brit soldiers on r and r on your ranch did you?????wrestling a herd of computers?not for me maam....www.chuck em in the bin.com springs to mind!!

mornin..Byrdie...oh dear...24 -10 what went wrong there then?despite that close call ...hope all is well with you.....

hiya Lav..you did right ..cozy workshop.paying homage to Baron Greenback!!!hows you today then?the wind has ripped the roof vent out of my greenhouse so got to try and repair it ....once the weather calms down...but first a brew ..you ready?

hiya pauly...how are you today then?all good I hope ..nice pic on fb of you and your bro..

hiya pie hows the K9 crew?all good I hope...and your good self?.any projects on the go?

hiya ns hows you n the grand kidz?all good ..no doubt they are being spoiled!!!!

right folks ...off to lie in the sun..ok just kiddin ..have a good one!!

I was drinking at a bar last night when a waitress screamed, "Does anyone know CPR?"
    I shouted, "Hell, I know the whole alphabet."
    Everyone laughed... Well everyone except this one guy.

To say that Kim Jong Un is unhappy with the latest round of UN sanctions against North Korea would be an understatement. He's gone ballistic...

My headmaster said I'd never grow up to be much.

I think you'll find my three stars at McDonalds say otherwise.

My wife is constantly accusing me of having my head in the clouds.

She's never come to terms with me being a pilot.

A rookie enters the Zone, and meets a veteran stalker. The rookie's all riled up, wanting to see what the Zone has to offer. The veteran decides to take him under his wing... The vet says to him... "Now that you've come here, I'm sure you want to become a true stalker, huh? All in good time, boy. First of all, we're going to have a party for you to celebrate the first day of your new life." The rookie looks slightly excited. "Now I must warn you... in the Zone we do things different. At this party, there's going to be a lot of drinking. Think you can handle that?" The rookie looks pretty happy and says "Are you kidding? I reckon I can drink the Zone under the table!" The veteran slaps him on the back and says "That's my boy! Now, another fair warning... we in the Zone are a bit of a rowdy lot. There's probably gonna be a lot of fighting. Reckon you're up to it?" The rookie smiles once again. "I was in prison for years! I had to fight every day there. Bring it on!" The veteran grins and says "Oh, you're a con, huh? Well you'll like this next one. At the Zone... we sometimes get a bit frisky. There's probably going to be a fair amount of sex. Reckon you can handle that, boy?" The rookie just laughs. "Friend, I've been in prison for most of my life. No job in the Great Land will take me. I came to the Zone for a new life... I haven't seen touched a woman for years. What do you think?" The veteran looks shocked. "You misunderstand me, boy... there's no girls here. It's just going to be me and you at this party...

What do you call an alligator wearing a tanktop?

An investigator.

I've just bought Bonnie Tyler's car on eBay.

It's fcking awful, every now and then it falls apart and the Sat Nav just keeps telling me to "turn around, bright eyes".

My dog kept chasing people on a bike.

So we took his bike off him.

Then he just sat in the garden and barked all day.

So we gave him his bike back.

Because his bark was worse than his bike.

I asked my wife what she would like for an anniversary gift.
    She said, "Something gold, I like gold."
    I asked, "Yes, but what?"
    She said, "I honestly don't mind, just something gold."
    She had very little grounds for any argument as I handed her a fish.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning all
    Mick, thanks for the brew and jokes, like the dog bike! Yep, through the chute. Changing the bull calves mind and vaccinating all them. I don't do much meds cause I don't think it is a good idea, but there's a few things out there that an ounce of prevention etc. Yep, nice to be out of the hangover scene, watched the feetsball game and can wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Off to work good friends, and wanted to say thank you all very much for being here everyday, whether we post or not, I know we all care for one another in a pretty special way.
    Sam
    Last edited by Samstone; February 8, 2016, 08:54 AM.
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good Monday morning Abbers!

Awaiting yet another snow event here - crap, don't want it, don't need it, not even a little. There's still snow sitting around from the previous storm. It's weird having snow & mud at the same time, ha ha!!

Thanks for the coffee Mick!
      Looks like you are about halfway thru your storm list, ha ha! I hope you get your greenhouse put back together soon.

Sam, we do have a very nice group of 'friends' here
      We get to learn so much from each other too. Are you included in this latest storm warning??

Hello to everyone & wishing for a great AF day for all!
      I'll check in laterish!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning All!

Mick, I like the bike and bark joke. Big surprise, eh? K9 guests go home this evening. These 3 take a lot of meds currently, 17 separate doses daily. Keeps me hopping. Thanks for the chute info, Sam, Mick, and PQ. Lav, wonder if upcoming snow could be your last of the season?

Have all of you upgraded to Windows 10? I keep closing the pop-up window that appears, as if I could avoid it forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
          Morning All!

Mick, I like the bike and bark joke. Big surprise, eh? K9 guests go home this evening. These 3 take a lot of meds currently, 17 separate doses daily. Keeps me hopping. Thanks for the chute info, Sam, Mick, and PQ. Lav, wonder if upcoming snow could be your last of the season?

Have all of you upgraded to Windows 10? I keep closing the pop-up window that appears, as if I could avoid it forever.
          hiya pie...windows 10????????grfrrrrrrr rubbish..Ive upgaded back to xp on one machine ..vista on the other
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Thanks, Mick. Good to know I'm not the only one avoiding the new operating system. So far, no one's ever accused me of being an early adopter.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Quick check in. Having problems finding a locum who can cover for the dates I want so still not finalised anything. No worries though I can come whenever really.

Car has another glitch *sigh*
              Last edited by kuya; February 8, 2016, 04:47 PM.

Comment

)#%*#)%^#&(&)#@%($^&$)*^&@)#(*%_#&%)#%(&)#($*..... ..That's about all I have to say about today! :rant: Aside from tweaking everyone's workstations after the new installs the internet kept dropping. Very frustrating/long day. Early out again tomorrow to continue dealing with issues. Just had to get that off my chest. Shout out to all......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Aw geez PQ - sorry!!!!

I hate Windows 10 so far..... it has screwed up my laptop in several ways but it's still usable.
                  I have two computers in my shop, one running on Vista & the other XP. They are my work horses & I am leaving them alone.

kuya, I sure hope you can get the coverage you want/need so you can get your trip plans completed.
                  Reminds me of the difficulty taking my paid vacation days at the hospital because NOT A SINGLE person could cover my time off even though I covered for all of them

Pie, my daffodils would really appreciate it of this was the last of the snow. They have pushed up through the ground a good 4 inches or so.

Peace to all tonight. No snow YET!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

LAV windows 10 is a nightmare... I have left XP on my work stations.

My son works in IT so I am lucky with getting support

Comment

Working...
                    X