ash wednesday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ash wednesday...

mornin folks hows things today then?Pancake toosdi yesterday ...anyone into making them?supposed to be nice today...think "nice"is kind of relative to the eather we have been getting...rain stopped yesterday ....and the snow came ..fortunately it didnt lie..ok lets have a brew and get going if its going to be nice will get in the garden for a wee bit..

brew is on...

hiya Sam how are you then mate?all good...yep have got a bit of a project on the go...pallet wood bath panelling...biggest problem is to get something that will seal the wood against moisture retention..with the cupboard it was easy....completely varnished it in satin finish varnish..but its different ..no direct contact with water..the bath panels will as you get in and out of the baff..ideas anyone?

hiya Lav ..hows you then?all doing fine there?Dangerous Daniel too??fixed the vent on the greenhouse yesterday..the wind had ripped a bolt hole and broken the aluminium..to get the bolhole back ..to work supa glued a thin washer each side of the hole and then when you bolt it down the pressure does the rest (he says hopefully..)works ok just now ..any ways.... brew time..planted some primroses up as well to give a bit of colour......

hiya pie ..nice pic..yep thats defo me ..you can tell by the age and hair style!!hows the cinammon house today then?smellin sweet still?has your friend from canadia arrived..

hiya pauly hows you ? seen you posting on uvver freds....honest I had a shower I dont stink!!its ok..hope you are well..

hiya ppqp...hows you then ?easy day yesterday?so its back to sweary sweary land today with the techie peeps?can you not delegate that lot to someone else...?have a good day anyways..

hiya ns ..you ok?

hey det time for your check in...:thumbsup: you ok mat?

hiya kuya...hows you then?..that is apart from the wheels..so starter motor needs replaced?guess they have moved on since it was 3 bolts to undo,take electrical lead off and unmesh the gearing...that was easy ...now its all leccy things..was listening to an interesting debate yesterday...about automation...the way it is going ,one theory says ..is that via automation we will cut the workforce and employment requirement by about 50%.when you think about it in those terms..the stuff and comics we used to read as kids when computers rooled the world isnt so far from the truth..

right folks ...rabbits are thumping time for them to get out..have a good one....
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Hi Mick, thanks for the kick off.

Yeah the starter motor is in an awkward position so it is the time to get to it that is the cost. Will just have to keep whacking it for now I reckon!

Good and busy ATM ... Got a tax bill to cover so that's good. I wish it would stay consistent though...its up and down like a whore's drawers this last few weeks!

Comment

its up and down like a whore's drawers this last few weeks! long time since I heard that one!!!!

Whoever said money doesn't grow on trees has obviously never sold weed.

My wife and I have been happily married for two years. 1997 & 2004.

I hate it when I'm singing a song and the artist gets the words wrong.

READ THIS OUT LOUD
      This is This cat
      This is is cat
      This is how cat
      This is to cat
      This is keep cat
      This is an cat
      This is idiot cat
      This is busy cat
      This is for cat
      This is forty cat
      This is second cat
      NOW READ THE THIRD WORD IN ALL THE SENTENCES.

" Why did the blonde tip-toe past the medicine cabinet? -- She didn't want to wake up the sleeping pills! "

" What do you call a fat psychic? A four chin teller. "

" Why do farts smell? So deaf people can enjoy them too. "

" What did the ocean say to the beach? Nothing, it just waved. "

" What happens when you get scared half to death twice? "
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all
        quick check in as I'm going to a farm this morning. Thanks for the humored brew this AM, Mick. Had to send some of them on to a friend. Waterproofing wood always a challenge.

How do Kuya, good to hear at least it is something fixable with your car.

Be well friends, much snow, Lav? we got rain,

Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good Ash Wednesday morning friends!

I think the snow is about to stop any minute....at least I hope so. The temp has dropped below freezing so everything is icing up ~ swell
          Can you tell I am not a fan of this stuff??

Mick, how dare you talk about outside plants? Ha ha!!! I am jealous of your milder winters!
          I'm not sure but I think we have just had another 6 inches of snow, boo hiss!

kuya, sorry about the ongoing car problems. I know how they hurt the wallet $$!
          Stay busy, it makes time go fast & bills easier to pay

Sam, lucky you! You don't have to shovel rain, ha ha! It's real icy here too & I won't leave the house until it looks a bit safer. Have a great day!

Pie, I am so paranoid about leaving something on the stove. I am in the habit now of setting the timer on my phone & keeping the phone in my pocket. I need all the help I can get in that department!! I hope your friend has arrived safely!

Hello to everyone, I will check in later.
          Have a great AF day everyone.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav, you're right. Phone timer is a handy tool!

SG arrived shortly after midnight, but we had a good catch up this morning before she had to head off to class. Truly a first-class human being that I would never have met, if not for the changes that getting sober brought.

Mick, how about this product for your wood bath panels? It's been brilliant on my patio fence boards.

Kuya, thanks for pointing out the lobsters on the Titanic observation from yesterday. Still thinking about it.

PQ, happy to have made you laugh yesterday over my cinnamon accident!

Pauly, I'm following your artificial sweetener experiment with interest.

I've got nothing on the agenda for today, so will be curling up on the sofa with my library book. Have a good one, all.

Oh wait, there is something on my list, as I received a gift of hard spirits. Will find someone to regift it to.

Comment

Oh boy Pie - talk about an unwelcome gift. Someone will take it off your hands I hope!
              Glad your guest has arrived safely!
              I forgot about Thompson's water seal - good stuff

It is freezing cold but it has stopped snowing, yay!!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
              X