sat 13th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sat 13th

morn all ...how are we today then?start of the weekend yeehah....didnt sllep too great last night...been up since soft o clock reading...was at the dentist yesterday...bit of a problem ..got to go back Monday....weather over here is really freezing,but at least it is dry at the mo ..Im out early doors tomorrow....

ok brew time lets see what weve got...

hiya Kuya...any word on your mum?...hope all is going ok....did you get tinternet etc fixed and sorted out?glad your houseguest is better....

hiya lav...brew time here for you ..well have you got the cold wevver too?hows the chickens doing ?are they coping?yep I know I shoulda ignored the tool...but just sometimes.........

hiya Sam hows you then?all good ? you suffrin with cold weather too?took down the cold frame at the back of the greenhouse yesterday...it is now ready for my friends wood burner!! will post pics as I go along mate..so what are you up to?

hiya pie hows the energy levels today then?any higher?hows the canine crew doing?glad the family issues sorted out....

hiya ppqp ns..det where are you folks?hope all is well...

short n sweet..have a great weekend peeps...

Outvoted 1-1 by my wife again.

Wifi went down during family dinner tonight. One kid started talking and I didn't know who he was.

Intelligence is like an underwear. It is important that you have it, but not necessary that you show it off.

My internet is so slow, it's just faster to drive to the Google headquarters and ask them shit in person.

I need to start paying closer attention to stuff. Found out today my wife and I have separate names for the cat.

My wife is so negative. I remembered the car seat, the stroller, AND the diaper bag. Yet all she can talk about is how I forgot the baby.

Sometimes the first step to forgiveness, is realising the other person was born an idiot.

Dear alcohol, We had a deal where you would make me funnier, smarter, and a better dancer... I saw the video... we need to talk.

My son asked me what it's like to be married so I told him to leave me alone and when he did I asked him why he was ignoring me.

When I see ads on TV with smiling, happy housewives using a new cleaning product, the only thing I want to buy are the meds they must be on.

I totally understand how batteries feel because I'm rarely ever included in things either.

A magician was walking down the street and turned into a grocery store.

A blind man walks into a bar. And a table. And a chair.

Why don’t you ever see hippopotamus hiding in trees? Because they’re really good at it.

Did you hear about the Mexican train killer? He had locomotives.

Why can’t a bike stand on its own? It’s two tired.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Thanks for the kick off Mick.

Today was good, had a small group of teenagers here for the day, swimming and eating and hanging out. The girl I am minding is looking relaxed but she goes home tomorrow and 3 days doesn't change anything really. I wish I was better able to help her....but for now hugs will have to do.

Still not sure how the uk trip will happen...phoned the hospital last night and was told mum was doing fine now......so hard to interpret and decide. Not going to freak about it...just relax and go with the flow... It doesn't matter to her anymore due to her Alzheimers....all she would want is to be back in the nursing home. If she dies then it will be sad not to have said a last goodbye, but seriously I think I am more concerned about how it appears to others than anything else.

It IS sad but there is a good reason why I emigrated more than a decade ago without concern for leaving her behind. She did her best but was not a good mother and we reap what we sow.

Not going to beat myself up about it.

Comment

Morning Mick. Had a good laugh at the slow internet/Google joke! Looks like a peaceful day dawning here with canines and family. Would enjoy seeing your greenhouse pics as you go along.

Hi Kuya, and all Abbers to come!

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Saturday & all that!

Sunny but freezing still. Wind chills way below zero, snow squalls & all that lovely stuff.
        My chickens have done just fine so far. I haven't been out to them yet this morning because I'm too chicken to go outside, haha!!
        They really do tolerate this weather much better than the extreme heat of summer.

Mick, I hope your dental problems are fixed easily enough. It's harder to maintain ourselves after age 50, LOL
        I really do want to keep my teeth though so I keep going to the dentist.
        I hope you find lots of good stuff on your adventure tomorrow!

Kuya, it's hard to watch our parents deteriorate. I went through all that with my Dad, it was not fun. We never had a good relationship but I felt compelled to provide decent end of life care for him anyway. I really feel for you :hug: I hope the teenager you have been helping feels stronger now.

Hey there Pie!
        Have a fabulous doggie day today

Wishing everyone a great AF day, I will check in later.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

afternoon all
          sister is up from NC visiting, been awhile since she's been here. She got sober about 25 years ago doing the AA thing, which she still attends, pretty amazing. She got smarter a whole lot quicker than I did! Fun to see her. She and I were always pretty close. She came up also to see my oldest brother who as I said before here, has dementia and is not well at all. It is always a humbling experience to see him and she had not for some time. He did recognize her briefly, which is something. We got some firewood up today and putzed around a bit outside but the bitter cold wind kinda makes it a little rough to be out. Sun is starting to go down, so it is getting quite cold. I like it though, like the cold, when it is sunny.

Kuya, I too took care of both my parents, it is definitely not for feint hearted. I would definitely not worry about what anyone says, that is their shit, not yours. All anyone can do is the the best that they can.

Mick, guess I need to enjoy an afternoon cup of brew, just got a call to do a 140 acre boundary, so that's a good thing. I'm going to need eight days in a week.... hmmm there's a song there somewhere.

Pie, you getting this cold at all your way? sounds like you had a relaxing kids day.

Lav, chickens laying right along, not sure why. I get them right along so they don't freeze. Gonna be cold tonight. 7º I think is what I saw.

hello to you all, Bear, Det, Ns, PQ, Pauly, anyone else MIA here.

Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hey Sam, no the arctic blast didn't come this far south. It's a balmy 70 degrees at the moment.

Comment

Thanks for the support.

It is little surprise that last night I really wanted to drink TBH..... And came close to doing so. Not good.

Dealing with my mother always sends me into an emotional tailspin.... But maybe that indicates I need to go see her.....or not....who knows.

Comment

We all learned a quick, easy, and amazingly effective way to escape our negative thoughts, Kuya. It doesn't seem surprising to me that this experience with your mom and the necessary travel makes you feel like taking that well-worn path. I've had that dumb thought after the minor stress of a long, annoying work day. I'm almost sure I will have more powerful drinking thoughts next time I have to deal with something that is more of a crisis. It's great to know there's no reason to act on them or think they're more important than any of our other hare-brained ideas. Self-awareness can keep us safe from our own worst ideas.

I'm in the freezing/snow club with most of you. Too bad we can't all go visit Pie or Kuya for a bit! There might be enough snow tomorrow for some xc skiing so that will make it a bit more tolerable, I hope.

Happy :heart: - Day tomorrow, Abbers!

Comment

We could possibly break a record low temp tonight set back in 1979. I remember that winter too, my daughter had just turned two.
                  My granddaughter is here now for two nights. She is soooo energetic, but not as noisy as the boys, ha ha!!

Sam, we are supposed to go down to 3 tonight. I collected a record 2 eggs today. My old girls are not liking this weather one bit! Nice on the upcoming job

kuya, try to remember that your mom won't even remember the issues between the two of you. You still have the memories of all that, she probably does not. Maybe that will take some of the angst out of the upcoming visit.

NS, I have come across many situations since my quit where I've thought - in the past I would have handled 'this' by opening a wine bottle or two. Now I can stop, take a few deep breaths & distract myself with something else quite easily. There is no urgency to 'medicate' my troubles away. I just let it all go. I am eternally grateful for this ability & will never take it for granted.

Have a peaceful night all!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Sat Night Aberrooos!

breaking out of my funk here finally. Can't be letting depression sneak up on me. Some good deep talks with Dx today and finally some sunshine which always helps.

I'm seriously considering doing a yoga/meditation camp as i see there are a few places near by in the Sierras.

the talk about taking care of elderly parents with dementia freaks me out. I haven't seriously considered it but it's bound to be on my horizon. we have to be strong for so many of life's vicissitudes, which are hard enough without the liquid ball and chain.

time for mindless comedy now. Catch yoos all on sunny Sunday.

be well
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X