firsdi 18th ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firsdi 18th ...

mornin all ..and how are we today then?all good I hope....not going to be on long, as it is not...repeat not rainin at the mo,and as soonas daylight appears Im orf to take the old greenhouse down...then got to decide what to extend the new base with concrete or slabs...so apologies now for shootin orf ,but this is the only day that its not going to rain...allegedly...

so quick brew n on we go......had to go back to the dentist yesterday ..was in a bit if pain...thought one of the teef he took out had snapped off but apparently its my bone had grown into the tooth..

well well det....good for you mate...finally made the decision..good for you ...your health is much more important buddy...have you thought of anything else or any offers?whart does dx think about it all?

hiya Lav hows you then?bet its all quiet now there with little un not running around...after went to the dentist ,went to get slate tiles ,but they had none in stock,so that job drops down a peg or 2!!brew time ..here you go.....so you use a stick blender for mixing?..hmmm knew a chinese lady once ......her name was Blender !!:congratulatory:

hiya ns ..hows you then?that soup recipe looks lovely....need to play about with it..the spices sound great...as for the daily mail.......its so politically skewed..you have to lie at angle to read a straight story!!

hiya pie hows you today?all good?you need some cold weather for the soup ? here you go we have loads spare!!

hey sam how are you doing my friend?out working?

time to quit ...how are you ..?pretty smart gif there that you put up!cheers

hey pauly how are you doing ?good?do you not make anything with your aloe verae plants?they are supposed to be good for medicinal purposes ..which bitz I dont know,,as for work...keep your chin up ..dont let those clowns grind you down x you thought anymore about another job?

hiya kuya...still tinternet probs?part from that hope all is well with you.....watched Supervet in the field last night..where he replaces discs in Grear Danes back...first time it has ever been done and its a raring success..the guy is fantastic...he should get a medal or something as recognition instead of half the numpties that do!!as he says animals give alot to us...and if we can give back ..why not.....

hiya ppqp..hows you ant the internet gang ....hope all is well...

right folks off out to the garden..be good..

Joe loved golf, but his eyesight had gotten so bad, that he couldn't find his ball once he'd hit it. He consulted with his wife, and she recommended that Joe bring along her uncle Ted.
    Joe said, "But Ted is 80 years old and half senile!"
    His wife replied, "Yes, but his eyesight is incredible."
    Joe finally agreed and took Ted along. He teed off and could feel that he had hit it solidly. He asked Ted, "Do you see it?"
    Ted nodded his head and said, "Boy, that was a beautiful shot!"
    Joe excitedly asked, "Well, where did it land?!"
    Ted said, "Hmmm. I forget.

An old man is sitting on a park bench crying his eyes out. A young jogger comes by and asks him what is the matter.
    The old man says, "I'm a multimillionare, I have a great big house, the fastest car in the world and I just married a beautiful blonde bombshell who satisfies me every night in bed whether I like it or not (sob)."
    The young jogger says, "Man, you have everything I have ever dreamed for in my life. What could be so wrong in your life that you are sitting here in the park crying?"
    The old man says, "I can't remember where I live."

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea; does that mean that one enjoys it?

The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so they can tell when they're really in trouble.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

What do you call a cow with no legs? -- Ground beef.

What's 6 inches long, has a head on it and drives women crazy? $100 bill

A sandwich walks into a bar. The barman says: "Sorry, we don't serve food in here."

In arguments a woman has the last word. Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument

I bet the butcher $50 that he couldn't reach the meat on the top shelf. He said, "No, the steaks are too high."

Two snowmen are standing in a field. One says to the other : "Funny, I smell carrots too".

Do not underestimate your abilities. That is your boss's job.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Thanks for the kick off and MAE to all.

Still at the mercy of the Internet, or rather we are back to the phone dying due to heavy rain

Ho hum.

The girl who was staying seems to have had a better week and seen a counsellor at the school, so hopefully things will settle.
    I have to say I enjoyed having a houseful of kids last weekend, so might have my daughter invite a couple again this weekend.

Got a couple pictures of my mum back in the nursing home, my cousin sent them. She is so very frail but seems very alert and comfortable. A relief....until the next time

Looks like summer disappeared again....storms lashing but still humid as hell here.

Roll on the weekend!

Comment

morning all
      looking kinda dark out , possible weather of some form or anudder. Mick, thanks for the start up. like the diarrhea joke! Working here and there. Might have to draft my daughter to do some 'veying work. That should be interesting.

Morning Kuya, good to have company. Sometimes I am the opposite, need quiet so I can make my own noise! Ours is a very small abode. Still planning on a trip to jolly ol England? Often wondered where that phrase comes from. Glad to read your mom is stabilized.

PQ, mushroom business is my son's, I just help out when he's on vacation. He took off south to enjoy the warmth!

Spring is just around the bend, time to start thinking of sowing some clover in the fields, soil samples, all that kinda thing. Oh, and taxes, my fav time of the year.

have a good one all
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick was gonna ask how the knee is doing? I don't use the aloe for anything I just think its a cool looking plant and easy to care for too, supposed to rain here today,I don't believe it will,these weather peeps are never right,yesterday was another massive haircutting day one of the girls called off another was busy with a color on waist length hair,grrrr,told hubs about it and he said"more money for you" I about karate chopped him!wrong thing to say to a burnt out Pauly,it is true but the timing was way off,off to fix my face and fro,much love to all,have a great Thursday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly
          aloe great for burns, liquid aloe great constipation, no shit
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Sup peeps,

Mick another fine kickoff! Think I'll roast some carrots for dinner to go with my asian glazed pork steaks and Jasmine rice. Yum!
            Weathers turning here gonna be sunny and high thirties. Mid 50's and windy 40mph gusts tomorrow supposedly in the Land of Lincoln.

Pauly,
            I went to the library yesterday and picked up 4 books I'm lost in koontz's later ashley bell at the moment.

Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.
            Mark Twain

To everyone one else have a fine day and do your best to make some one else's day a lil better which in turn will make yours better.

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
            Marcel Proust

Oh and by the way what doe MAE mean?
            Last edited by time2quit; February 18, 2016, 09:35 AM.
            The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
            Friedrich Nietzsch

Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.
            Benjamin Franklin

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Comment

Good Thursday morning Abbers

I am back on granddaughter duty, at her house today.
              It was nice making the hour long commute during the sunrise. Spring must be almost here although I am hearing rumors of a storm next Tuesday into Wednesday.

Mick, I hope you are busy & having fun tearing down your greenhouse. At least it will distract you from the mouth pain for a while. Hope you feel better soon.

Kuya, there is something good about having a house full of teenagers, ha ha! I missed mine a lot when they grew & left home. Left me alone with a chronically depressed YB, that's when I really began my drinking career. Bad choice, I know.
              We owe it to ourselves to do whatever we have to do to stay positive, happy & healthy

Sam, I hope your daughter jumps in to give you a hand today. If worse comes yo worse I can always ship YB down to you for a few days, ha ha. I really hope we don't get more snow next week, I am pretty much done with winter for now.

Pauly, I have never been able to get any sympathy, empathy or any understanding from YB after a bad day at work either. All they care anout is the money & when dinner is ready
              I hope you can move on to a better work environment at some point. It's nice to work with level headed, mature individuals in a drama free environment!

Det, good for you making the decision to move on!
              Think about yourself & what is good for you. We owe ourselves that much care & concern.

Hello to everyone checking in today.
              Wishing a great AF day for all.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Cross posted time2quit
                MAE is short for 'morning afternoon, evening'.
                We live all over the globe, different time zones, etc
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Originally posted by Samstone View Post
                  Pauly
                  aloe great for burns, liquid aloe great constipation, no shit
                  Hahahaha!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Frustrating day as all the internet fixes were for naught! :rant: Finally told the boss I want my son to come over and fix it. He said make sure he sends me an invoice. Colt was finally able to talk with a Telus (my provider) tech who knew what he was doing. After all the hardware upgrades on Tuesday Telus neglected to complete the software reconfiguration so when we tried to get online it would just bounce around IP addresses. After blowing everything away and together re configuring everything it's working. Colt now has this tech's personal contact information so if anything goes wrong he has his in.
                    Just home to change, have a quick bite and then back for a garden meeting. Last one before the AGM where I am stepping down from the executive.
                    Sorry this was all about me but had to post, to give it all to you guys, so I don't stop anywhere on the way home. Thanks for being here.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

PQ, here ya go :hug:
                      Glad your son was there for the rescue!
                      Take care of yourself!!!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Your son sounds like me. Im constantly fixing my moms tech problems....

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                        Friedrich Nietzsch

Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.
                        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Ahoy hoy ABerooos!

made it home over the snowy mountains. Had an outside demo today so naturally it rained like mad, oh well.

Mick, Dx has been begging me to quit this insane job for years! i just finally have had my fill of these butt-heads and I'm ready to pull the plug. i feel much relieved already I'm happy to say.

time2quit, looks like a great dinner.

super glad to be going through this with a clear, healthy AF brain

ok, unpack and unwind are the things to do now.

be well peeps
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det dinner was awesome! especially considering it was around a dollar a plate.
                            Friedrich Nietzsch

Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                            X