mon29th feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mon29th feb

well here we are then ...last day of winter ...allegedly....and also leap year...like everyone else..couldnt git on here yustaday....the internet gods werent having it!!so here we are this fine frosty monday morning...New greenhouse arrives today...Julies birthday on Friday she is taking the day off work..WHAT????so I guess thats a going out clue!!we are going to Chester......also did some work on the garden on Saturday,but in the end my back even beat me!!..out tecting yesterday and not a lot to show for it but hey ho...so lets have the last day ov winter party then.....

brews all round..

hey pie hows you then?have you managed to source a contractor yet to do all your work...?hey nice dress for spring by the way...cant wait for autumn!!:egad:

hiya kuya how you today then?all ready done and dusted?yep there waaas a chain here ..harvesters/hungry horse...Julie got food poisoning at one of them!! dont forget to pack the sunshine!!

hiya NS...how are you then?great to see that you have been away again..yes I know what yuo mean...dreading that morning after getting stopped,making excuses why you cant drive etc...all gone!!!!whilst you are thanking everyone ..dont forget to include yourself...you did the work!!

hiya det ..how did your hike go?did you enjoy it?any word on the work front matey?

hiya ppqp...how are you doing then?all good ?hope so ..you have a great day dont let ANYONE screw it up

hiya Lav..you dont need that dress ..too busy makin t shirts!!good weekend?heres a brew then..

hey Sam hows you ? ok

likewise Pauly and ttq ..howz things?

famous sayings

I went to Waterstones and asked the woman for a book about turtles. She asked: "Hardback?" and I was like: "Yeah, and little heads." -

Bonsai lovers are very tolerant people: they hate bigotry -

As a child, I had an obsession with Posh Spice – it cost my mum a fortune in saffron -

If you want to offend terrorists, if you’re a woman, wear a dress, and if you’re a man, wear a dress -

I should point out at an early stage that I am openly Asian and British Asian as well… which is the best kind of Asian. I love being British… there are so many benefits -

The main reason I don’t cheat on my girlfriend is so I can go for a shower without taking my phone, laptop and iPad with me -

My boyfriend and I are both in our late 20s. He’s 29. I’m 34 -

My dad’s like a laptop, if you don’t touch him for 10 minutes he will go to sleep -

I grew up in Wales. If you’ve never been to Wales, just imagine if Primark opened a country. That’s pretty much it -

I don’t think any of us can judge maturity, teenagers should be able to have kids, just not name them -

Sometimes to see the light, you just have to open the fridge door

Why do ducks have webbed feet?

To stamp out fires.

Why do elephants have flat feet?

To stamp out burning duck.

If you don’t know what introspection is – you need to take a long, hard look at yourself

I look at fighting the same way I look at physics. I can’t do it. But I respect its ability to solve problems -

50 shades of grey, there’s a gag in there -
    I really hate bullies. But that ignores the great work they do creating the artists of the future -
    If there’s a permanent reminder of my crippling loneliness, it’s a single bed. I’m 23 years old. Who sleeps in a single bed these days? Under 10s and prisoners! -

Dubai is what would happen if you gave a 12-year-old a trillion dollars to redecorate his bedroom -

I fear I’ll never own my own house. For me watching Homes Under the Hammer is like Game of Thrones. I’ll never truly know what it’s like to live in their world -

My mate and I were in a pub debating where the barman originates from. I said he was an Eskimo. He said Native American. Turns out he was an Eskimo. Inuit all along -

My cat is recovering from a massive stroke -

I asked my priest, ‘Is it OK if I make jokes about Jesus Christ and the cross?’. He said, ‘Just make sure you nail it’ -

My dad’s a proper family man, he’s got three of them -

They scoffed when I told them I’d one day learn the secret of invisibility. If they could only see me now -

Joan Rivers got exactly what she wanted from that final surgery - to stop ageing. Finally she nailed it -

“Do you know the joke of ‘no me neither’?"

“No.

“Me neither.”

A man enters a store and says: “15 litres of wine please.” The man behind the counter asks: “Did you bring a container for this?” The man replies: “You’re speaking to it.”

What did the green grape say to the purple grape? “Oh my God, breathe!”

The last time I was in Spain I got through six Jeffrey Archer novels. I must remember to take enough toilet paper next time.

Personally, I don't think there's intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

I remember when safe sex was a padded headboard.

I want to die like my father, peacefully in his sleep, not screaming and terrified, like his passengers.

Silence is not only golden; it is seldom misquoted.

I can still enjoy sex at 74 - I live at 75, so it's no distance.

They laughed when I said I was going to be a comedian. They're not laughing now.

Marriage is an investment which pays dividends if you pay interest.

I tend to sleep in the nude. Which isn't a bad thing except for maybe on those long flights.

My wife said: "Can my mother come down for the weekend?" So I said "Why?" and she said "Well, she's been up on the roof two weeks already".

A tom cat hijacked a plane, stuck a pistol into the pilot's ribs and demanded "Take me to the canaries".

What's a geriatric? A German footballer scoring three goals.

My mother tried to kill me when I was a baby. She denied it. She said she thought the plastic bag would keep me fresh.

How can we expect a politician to believe in the wisdom of the people when he knows it was the people who voted him in?

What do gardeners do when they retire?

I'm not saying my wife's a bad cook, but she uses a smoke alarm as a timer.

I spilt some stain remover on my sleeve. How do you get that out?

Real happiness is when you marry a girl for love and find out later she has money.

When the inventor of the drawing board messed things up, what did he go back to?

I'd never be unfaithful to my wife for the reason that I love my house very much.

People always say: "You're a comedian, tell us a joke." They don't say: "You're an MP, tell us a lie."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mick and MAE all. Alls well here. Had a nice get together yesterday for my nieces birthday. It was 60+ degrees here in the land of Lincoln. Spent Saturday on the ice fishing for the last time of the Season. Landed a 37 inch Northern Pike it was pretty sweet!
    The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
    Friedrich Nietzsch

Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.
    Benjamin Franklin

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Comment

Good Monday morning Abbers!

Cloudy, rain moving in later but the temp is heading up to 55 degrees - it's a heatwave, ha ha!! We are supposed to have mild weather all week until Friday when they are talking about the possibility of snow - what??

Mick, thanks for the morning giggles - you are on a roll
      I hope your back survived the weekend, geez. Good luck with the green house delivery today!

Kuya, wishing you a safe & peaceful trip this week. I hope you get a chance to meet up with Mick. Then you can answer all of our burning questions

Hello to Pauly, Det, NS, Sam, Pie & anyone dropping in today.
      Have a great AF day everyone.
      I am heading to Curves soon then back for some work.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Leap Day, all! Mick, the wine container joke made me snort! T2Q, pretty sure fishing stories must be accompanied by a pic

I had a blast getting another condo ready for new tenant this weekend. Just need to go back today to install smoke detectors, then I'm done. Next up will be more contractor contacts. Hoping to get one lined up before this week is out.

That's it for me for now. Really happy to see MWO up this morning.

Comment

Morning, Lav!

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick bend test revealed a very dead bougie RIP don't mind buying another cuz they're cheap but sheesh can I have at least 1 survive the not so cold winter here?planted some seeds in used keurig cups,they're the perfect size for the purpose,been near the 80's here not sure how Ifeel about that,I like to appreciate the warm weather and it being warn so early is making me take it for granted a bit,Time2 quit,soundslike an impressive catch,any pics? We only fish when we visit home,well I never fish but hubs does and never catches anything haha,hello Lav and all to come,hope we have a great Monday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

X-post hi Pie
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning Pauly! RIP Bougie!

Comment

Here ya Go Pie! Just got a winter storm advisory. 60 degrees yesterday 50 today and heavy wet snow on the way tonight. Gotta love it! IMG_0285.jpg
                  The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
                  Friedrich Nietzsch

Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.
                  Benjamin Franklin

Comment

MAE ALL.....

Glad to see the sight is back up. Busy morning for me so will check in later.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Thanks, T2Q! Looks like a fish and a half, to me. Will you eat it?

And a big good morning to PQ!

Comment

Yeah I cleaned it and have two others from the weekend before a 26 and a 27 inch. Gonna start the pickling process in a couple of days. Have to freeze em for a couple of days at least as I'm not technically cooking em. Don't want any baddies hanging around!
                        Friedrich Nietzsch

Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Home from a relatively stress free day. Forgot to mention the eye checkup showed I still have Iritis and am continuing the drops. Saturday my red spots broke out on my hands. I think it's a side effect of humira and will check with my rheumatologist later this month.

Mick...how did it go with the new greenhouse? Guess you got the message when Julie announced she's taking the day off. LOL Hope you gave your back a bit of a rest today.

T2Q...wow, what a catch. Glad it's you cleaning it and not me! I'd never eat fish again.

Lav...we lost our heat wave and woke up to having to scrape the car windows. March is definitely coming in like a lion.

Pi...sounds like you're having fun with the condo reno's. Hope you get the contractors sorted this week.

Pauly...sorry your bougie failed the test. What kind of seeds did you plant? Great idea about using the keurig pods.

Shout out to Sam, Det and everyone else I didn't mention.

Hope everyone has a peaceful evening......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Where's Sam & Det today??

T2Q, that is quite a fish ~ very nice!

Pie, when you get tired of the condos please come do my house. I'm getting too lazy, ha ha!!

Pauly, Is there anyway you can provide some shade for your outdoor plants? Maybe that would help the poor things.

PQ, sorry you are still dealing with the iritis. Were you given a time frame in achieving results with the Humira? I would hope that you get some relief very soon. We are being threatened with snow on Friday

Have a peaceful night everyone!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                            X