Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2sday March furst

good morning all
    up kinda late so it is start of March, been reading politics, gets me kinda riled up. USA's most indirect election that seems to have started 2 years ago. Delegates, super delegates, then election that may not reflect the popular vote (sometimes that's a good thing). Nova Scotia advertising land if Trumpet wins....

well, reckon I'll check in later and get caught on the real news here at MWO.

that is, if the site up and running

be well good friends
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

white rabbits.....Sam the man what are you doin up so early/late?Its 6 am here...been awake for ages..greenhouse arrived yesterday ...not even thinking about it till the weather kind of clears ..its pouring now and snowexpected for the weekend...was in the garden yesterday...am I shattered...but got most of what I wanted/needed to do done...prolly better wiv pics.....
    this is the garden as Ii had done it with the split beds...that is up till yesterday mornin...

1.jpg

then yesterday,cut the border straight along the back and reduced the length of the veg bed....That hill is going to eventually be a rockery with a waterfall...the pile of stones that you see is actually a fountain I made,so the idea is to course a waterfall into it....

2.jpg

but me bein me ...decided that the gap at the end of the veg bed was too small and the bed was too long to see the proposed rockery from the conservatory....so...fill in gap between veg beds,move soil form the end of veg bed ,and fill gap with it..renew end of veg bed

3.jpg

once thats done...lay weed membrane and lay golden chippings.....

4.jpg

more pics to follow in next post!!thats all the pic police let you put up so on we go......brews all round...hope we are all good..1st day of Spring....its pouring down here...glad most of the big work done yesterday....

hiya ttq ...how are you ?wow they are fair size pike!!nasty teeth too..most people over here dont/wont eat them because of the bones in them..so never tasted pike...what you catch them on spinners?/plugs?

hiya Lav...hows you today then?all good ready for a spring brew?...yep back survived ...but mainly because I had it strapped up...today is an easy day pour moi...hows the weather your side?

hiya pie...wow you certainly have taken to this condo game...good for you!!!any further move towards your house adjustments?

hiya pauly ...how are you then?all ok? so your bougie died? found this article on growing them in the us of a

hiya ppqp...hows you today then?hows the work doing?still no further forward..or has the boss finally allowed you some of his precious time?oops just read your 2nd post...sorry to hear about your eyes...they will get better....

hiya Kuya,Det an NS...hope you peeps are well......

right goodly bye folks ....
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

next post ..so that the pic police dont get me!!!

base now laid for greenhouse....

6.jpg

also decreased the length of this bed by 2ft ..built a new fence,and put a bit of a raise in the bed to give it some contour...and swopped the big plants around

7.jpg

Lastly.........

12806221_10153292239302102_2507754094372259287_n.jpg

Why do squirrels swim on their backs?
      -
      So their nuts don't get wet!

A wife complains to her husband: “Just look at that couple down the road how lovely they are. He keeps holding her hand, kissing her, holding the door for her, why can’t you do the same?”
      “Are you mad? I barely know the woman!

Q: What is blue and smells like red paint?
      -
      A: Blue paint.

What do you get when you cross-breed a cow and a shark?
      -
      I don’t know, but I wouldn't enjoy milking it.

What does a cloud with an itchy rash do?
      -
      Find the nearest skyscraper.

Wife arrives home late at night from a business trip and quietly opens the door to her bedroom. But she notices four legs instead of two peeking from under the blanket! Seized by a fit of rage, she reaches for a baseball bat and starts hitting the blanket until the screaming stops. Still in shock, she lurches to the kitchen to have a drink. As she enters, she sees her husband there, reading a magazine.
      -Oh welcome home darling, he says, my parents came for a visit, so I let them have our bedroom. I hope you said hello.

Q: What is 35 feet long and has 42 teeth?
      A: A bus full of rednecks.

One redneck to the other: Do you think I should tell my folks I’m adopted

Redneck at the doctor: “Doc, I think I’m in trouble, I swallowed an ice cube 3 days ago and it ain’t come out yet.”

How do you tell a redneck is married? There are tobacco spits on either side of his pickup truck.

Why do pigeons fly over trailer parks with their backs down? There’s nothing worth crapping on.

You know you might be a redneck when:

You see a No crack sign and you pull your pants up.

You see your farts as your best jokes.

The dog can’t help gagging whenever he sees you eat.

You finally get to cutting the grass and find a car.

Your wife’s got a beer belly and it turns you on.

You think the stock market has a fence around it.

Your family tree is just one long trunk with no branches.

Your beard attracts birds.

You took out your toothpick only for wedding pictures.

Fast food is hitting a possum at 80 mph.

You've at least once hit a deer with your car because the food store was already closed.

You’ve always thought rat traps made acceptable gifts.

A night trip to the bathroom involves mud boots.

People hear you coming in your car quite a long time before they get to see you.

You have lard on your bedside table.

You had to ditch your back seat bench so all your children could fit in.

Sixth grade is senior year.

You have a really bad fall and the one thing you save is your beer.

You had to buy a VCR because all the wrestling are on when you're at work.

You take your garbage to the dump and come back with more than you brought there.

They banned you from the zoo because you distress the monkeys.

You keep seeing your neighbors on Jerry Springer.

You know you might be a redneck woman if:

You can’t help groaning when you’re cooking sausages.

There’s a spit cup on your bedside table.

You have more than one fur coat – all home made.

When something should be stored cold, you put it in the shade.

You see family reunions as a good chance to meet boys and your mother agrees.

You've ever had to get financing for a tattoo.

You’ve been married three times but your in-laws are still the same people.

You just can’t get dog hair out of your belly button.

Preparing a bubble bath involves beans for dinner.

Your fridge and you weigh roughly the same.
      Last edited by Mick; March 1, 2016, 01:51 AM.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Morning Sam, Mick and MAE ALL....

Sam...hope you're getting some rest. That'll teach you for getting riled up before bed. Gotta admit the politics in the states is keeping me entertained.

Mick...so you're of the old school...Go Large or Go Home! Surprised you haven't made a deal with the rancher behind you about expanding out. You're gonna run out of room soon. Hopefully the weather will force you to take it easy. After all, got to be in top form for Julies birthday. LOL

Hopefully another stress free day in store prior to a meeting with the City on Wednesday. We've been replacing the roof on the community centre and due to new codes have to put in a fresh air vent in the kitchen. With all the construction going on the daily parking zoo has kept us entertained.
        Hope everyone has a Terrific Tuesday......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good Tuesday morning Abbers, happy March to all

Thanks for the startup Sam!
          The political show going on in our country is disgraceful & certainly unsettling. I felt my B/P rising Sunday morning listening to CNN so I turned it off & tuned my internet radio to folk music of the 60's, let it play all day!!
          Not sure if I could tolerate the winters on Breton island, ha ha!!

Mick, how is it possible to get so much work done in a day's time? You could have this place fixed up in a week's time working like that. I should send you a ticket, ha ha!! Don't forget to rest your poor back. I am half afraid to do any lifting at this point, I fear being crippled.

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a wonderful AF day for all

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning Mick and MAE all, Mick Pike is some of the best tasting fresh water fish there is. Its a lil tricky getting the Y bones out but not to bad with some practice. Also if your pickling them you can leave the y bones in and they dissolve in the vinegar. Some people will even just cut out the whole section where they are and save it from multiple fish from multiple trips an just pickle it and save the rest for the pan. Also boiled pike make a great poor mans lobster dipped in butter. Yum!
            The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
            Friedrich Nietzsch

Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.
            Benjamin Franklin

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,I wish I could hire you for a week I know we're not supposed to talk politics on the forum but that Nova Scotia land is looking good,Trump was entertaining at first, now I wish he'd go away! Problem is that people are actually liking him,oh well,much love to all,I hope we all have a terrific Tuesday
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Luckily, the subset of the US population that supports Trump is a very vocal minority. Those with a different point of view aren't shouters and don't get much media attention but we are here - and we vote.

Pie and Mick, you guys make me feel really lazy! I bet your accomplishments feel great!

Have a good one, Abbers!

Comment

It seems Hillary & the Donald are kicking a$$ in the Super Tuesday primaries. I keep getting 'Breaking News' alerts from CNN, ugh!

Hey there PQ, Pauly, Kuya & NS

I got a fair amount done today but not nearly as much as Pie or Mick, ha ha!!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Evening all! Ironically, I was up until 1am last night researching materials for the bath reno. It occurred to me that I might just run into Mick starting our thread if I logged on. Never guessed that night owl Sam was out here prowling around in his pj's! Thanks for the startup, Sam.

On the political scene, I finally had to stop tuning into the debates because all the negativity was affecting my mood. Very low tolerance for acrimony and argument here.

Mick, I'm going to have a second look at your pics. That's some serious physical labor you're putting in, but what gorgeous views while you work. Pretty sure you can skip the swimming/biking/walking exercise for a few days.

PQ, protect your car in that parking madness!

Hey there, Lav, Pauly, Kuya. Pike info was news to me. Thanks for sharing it, T2Q. NS, lazy? Uh, no. No, no, no.

Had to laugh at myself this morning when I realized that I actually spent HOURS, researching the perfect new toilet to buy. But I found it. I found THE one. Went to order, and site said, "Can't ship to the state of Texas." What?! Wait! Why? Seems we have a law that makes it illegal to sell toilets that have a water capacity of more than 1.28 gallons, and the one I want is 1.6 gallons. You know where I'm going with this right? I'm now considering having it shipped out of state, then smuggling it across the border. Or at least it seemed like a good idea at 1am.

Comment

X-post Lav! I haven't yet tuned in to the Super Tuesday results.

Hey, do you happen to know PA toilet laws? Maybe I could ship it to your house, then come for a visit! Cracking myself up here.
                      Last edited by Pie; March 1, 2016, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Pi...you're cracking me up. Haha
                        Busy but fairly stress free day except the meeting with the City was today not tomorrow!
                        The boss sounded like a little kid who didn't get his way.
                        Wonder where I can get one of those "count down" clocks!
                        Chinese food for dinner tonight. Will see you all on the flip side......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hey PQ! I would occasionally use one of those countdown clocks in the classroom when allowing a specific time for assignment completion. Just Google for one, then leave it up on a big screen monitor in your office. You could have some fun making up stories about what the countdown is for. :sohappy:

Comment

Working...
                          X