friday the 18th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

friday the 18th

mornin all ...how are we today then?all good?its poets day today ...yeehah..we are off to Chester this morning ...Amy is here ..and yet I still manage to have the driving seat!!!Planted the first of my onion sets up yesterday,and also made two little gates to block off going around the back of the greenhouse for the rabbits...mainly zeuss..thats where my potatoes and courgettes are going,and I dont want him jumping into the fields from the top of the pots..It was a gawjus day yesterday,first day we have sat outside properly,....right need to get me skates on a bit..brews all round is it?here we go ...

morning Lav ...hows you today then?all well?mini longwood gardens?hmmm theres a thought!!that was a smart little Amish made house in that pic of your gd..really well made..whats this about snow??spring and snow...now that doesnt go ..spring and sun.,now that sounds fun..poetry at its best ..have a great day.ooooooooooooops ...here you go...big brew!!

hiya Sam...hows you then today all good ..feeling less tired ?I was nodding off last night too...unlike me so went to bed early doors..mouth aint so painful..I will get used to it..did they manage to help with restoring that document?

hiya pauly,how you today then?all good?wow you are ahead in the growing game with the toms...I think the type you are talking about are called sweet millions or part of that strain..they are great to just pick n eat!!as for numbers....you can happily have mine if its any good to you....but also told you before ..just pm too..have a good weekend

hiya ns..hows you ?thanx for the compliment...was asked last night if I will put a shower in and tile Amys bathroom....on my list I guess!!found this ..courtesy of dr google is this what you make?

hiya ppqp......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh half the order missing ..bad news that one!!!man alive that lawyer must be rubbin his hands together!!chin up :heartbeat:

hiya pie hows you then?likewise kuya?and anyone else Ive missed...(rushing now!!)

have a great weekend!

1535739_10155718984666515_374125534701288424_n.jpg

A blonde walks into a doctor's office and says, "Doc, I'm horribly sick!"

The doctor looks at her and asks, "Flu?"

"No, I drove here."

A young woman was having a physical examination and was embarrassed because of a weight problem. As she removed her last bit of clothing, she blushed. "I'm so ashamed, Doctor," she said, "I guess I let myself go."

The physician was checking hers eyes and ears. "Don't feel ashamed, Miss. You don't look that bad."

"Do you really think so, Doctor?" she asked.

The doctor held a tongue depressor in front of her face and said, "Of course. Now just open your mouth and say moo."

A couple had been married for 45 years and had raised a brood of 11 children and were blessed with 22 grandchildren.

When asked the secret for staying together all that time, the wife replies, "Many years ago we made a promise to each other: the first one to pack up and leave has to take all the kids."

Teacher: Well, at least there's one thing I can say about your son.

Parent: What's that?

Teacher: With grades like these, he couldn't be cheating.

Sharon had applied for a job and when she returned home, her mother asked how the interview went.

"Pretty good, I think," replied Sharon, "but if I go to work there I won't get a holiday until I'm married."

Her mother, of course, had never heard of such a thing. "Is that what they told you?"

"No", replied Sharon, "but right on the application it said 'Holidays may not be taken until you've had your First Anniversary.'"

The warden, addressing the three instigators of a failed prison riot, said, "I would like to know two things.

First: Why did you revolt?
    Second: How did you get out of your cell?"

One of the three men stepped forward, "Warden, we rebelled because the food is awful."

"I see. And what did you use to break the bars?" the warden asked.

Replied the spokesman, "French Toast...

It was a disastrous year for the farmers. The snow fell and fell until the government relief agency had to step in and lend a hand.

"It must have been terrible," said the government man to a farmer. "All that snow."

"Could have been worse," calmly answered the farmer. "My neighbor had more snow than me."

"How's that?" asked the government man.

"More land," replied the farmer.

Paddy was an inveterate drunkard. The priest met him one day, and gave him a strong lecture about drink. He said, "If you continue drinking as you do, you'll gradually get smaller and smaller, and eventually you'll turn into a mouse."

This frightened the life out of Paddy. He went home that night, and said to his wife, "Bridget....if you should notice me getting smaller and smaller, will ye kill that blasted cat?"

There was a young fellow who was quite inventive and was always trying out new things. One day he thought he'd see just how fast a bicycle could go before it became uncontrollable. He asked his friend, who owned an old Mustang, if he could tie his bike to the bumper of his car to test his theory. His friend said, "Sure."

So the young man tied his bike to the back of the car and said to his friend:

"I'll ring my bike bell once if I want you to go faster, twice if I want you maintain speed, and repeatedly if I want you to slow down."

With that, off they went. Things were going pretty well, with the car driver slowly speeding up to well over 60 mph. The young fellow on the bike was handling the speed just fine. But, all of sudden, a black Corvette came up beside them and before you knew it the fellow driving the Mustang forgot all about the fellow on the bike and took to drag racing the Corvette.

A little further down the road sat Officer John in his police cruiser, radar gun at the ready. He heard the two cars before his radar flashed 105 mph.

He called into headquarters on his radio: "Hey, you guys aren't going to believe this, but there's a Corvette and a Mustang racing out here on Highway 3, and there's a guy on a bike ringing his bell and waving his arms trying to pass them!"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    under meeting this morning with potential survey project, this one is a little different, wants to measure acreage of whats been logged. Hopefully I won't have much lap to work around. Least it is a fresh cut job without all the brambles that grow later this summer. Will have to see what they want to do.

Mick, thanks for the brew, the document will take a couple of months to clean up. It is going to be $$$$! but if I don't take care of it, it will really start going to the dogs. I reckon you should be tired, dental work on that level is pretty fatiguing. Body needs to reboot, so to speak.

PQ, that's a bill that would stress anyone. Somehow, there's got to be a workable solution out there for you.

Lav, snow this Sunday, bah humbug!! Had to buy more hay, we are so close......

Pie, how goes the dog rescue? and bathroom project?

Pauly, how things are you side of the world? all good?

NS, haven't done citrus in my kombucha yet. how much do you use to the gallon? lemon?

Det, hope all is well. Any news on job prospects?

Kuya, a how do to the weary traveller.

Bear, you out there??

well, off to another cup and out the door.
    be well good friends
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Morning All, Mick, your greenhouse looks fantastic! Like Sam, I'm wondering how the heavy-duty dental doings are meshing with your greenhouse construction work. Now that the weather is gawjus, maybe spend more time quietly enjoying that beautiful yard of yours?

Plumber and his crew showed up early yesterday to replace the old plumbing in my back-to-back bathrooms. It's a pleasure having him here, as I've known him for years and can trust that the job will be done right with no intervention from me. The work of actually building the shower is still up in the air, but I should be able to make a decision by Saturday. Looks like I'll be choosing between very affordable and of questionable quality, versus much more expensive but done correctly.

PQ, it's the accumulation of frustrations that bring on the drinking thoughts for me too. Glad we can come here instead to keep our heads screwed on straight. Hope your Friday is a smooth one.

Comment

Yep, that's what I make Mick. It is really good and good for the personal plumbing (not Pie's kind :wink. Sam, I do a second fermentation in 16oz GT's kombucha bottles that I saved and usually put in a couple slices of lemon, orange, or grapefruit or <1/4 cup of juice in each bottle with the fermented tea. For a gallon, I'd probably slice a whole fruit and put it in. Sometimes I put some berries in there but then you have to strain it before you drink it. Let me know if you need a new SCOBY, Lav! My cupboards look like a biology lab full of specimens - I feel bad throwing the little critters out . Have a great weekend, Abbers!!

Comment

Mae everybody,too mucho coffee! Hubs has been making a pot in the mornings cuz he got fed up with the keurig and I was tired so I kept topping up without paying attention, at least I could count my keurig cup amount,Mick,I have no clue what tomato variety they are,as I said it was a rogue plant growing in the windowsill and all my other garden plants died last year so I decided to just plant it for kicks and it went hog wild! Last seeds I remember buying were "beefsteak" toms? I have Louie throw his old banana peels and other veggie peels on it for fertilizer haha,glad the mouth is better PQ,I was just trying to make lite of your situation yesterday,wasn't trying to make fun of the ditch,hope you know that,Sam,sounds like you're keeping busy,you too Pie NS,kombucha scares the s%&$t out of me haha! I'd probably give myself food poisoning if I tried making it,gonna celebrate Kells birthday today,jeez,I'm over these birthdays!!!! This will be my last until Michelle's in Oct,BTW she FINALLY got a job!!only prob she has to pass a drug test in 2 weeks,see what happens, hope we all have a fab Friday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Alooooha Friday ABeroooos!!

Mick, grazie for the launch and funnies as always. I see the dental torturer didn't slow you down!

Sam, just got approached by company #2 yesterday so job prospects are looking up and I didn't even have to try wow. only problem is paying bills in the meantime so it's a super low-budget lifestyle in the interim while I connect the dots here. nothing wrong with that though.

Feeling pleasantly super sore from sword practice Wed night which is grand. Had so much fun I didn't even realize I was getting my bum kicked.

NoSugar, your live-enzyme home lab sounds fab! I saw my nephews kombucha tank a few years ago and about ran away in fright! quite a crazy looking operation but very neat.

Pauly, so good to hear things are looking up.

Lav is probably making ready for the kiddo attack

off to enjoy some sunshine....

be well loves
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good afternoon Abbers

Sunny & super pleasant today, hard to believe snow is on the way for tomorrow night. Maybe, just maybe they are totally wrong, ha ha!!!
              Still hanging out with the GD, the boys arrive soon at 2 pm. Then all hell will break loose, LOL

Thanks for the coffee Mick, I need a lot today!
              Hi there Sam, are you ready for this stupid weather event this weekend?

Pie, nice to have friends in the trades!! Our friends helped us tear apart & put three old houses back together over the years

NS, I might take you up on that SCOBY offer, thanks

Det, glad to hear things are falling into place for you!

Pauly, switch to decaf & don't tell anyone. People really don't know the difference, honestly. Just buy a good brand!

OK, wishing everyone a fab AF Friday!

Lav
              Last edited by Lavande; March 18, 2016, 09:21 PM.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for the kickstart. I can't believe how much work you get done in such a short time. I'm trying not to think of the lawyer but will have to deal with it over the weekend. Have fun in Chester.

Sam...good luck with the new survey job. Been doing a lot of research on what I can do about the lawyer bill. First step seems to be discussing it with the lawyer. If not satisfied I can ask the courts for a review. It will cost $100 in total and well worth it if I can get the bill reduced.

Pie...my Friday went much better, thanks. Still stressed but not as mad as I was. Going to help out at the community centre tomorrow morning. Putting on an Easter Egg hunt and breakfast. Wasn't planning on being involved but felt sorry for the program coordinator when most of her volunteers back out. Good luck with your decision on the shower.

NS...I would be running away in fright from the scoby! Have a great weekend as well.

Pauly...all good. I took it the way you meant it. Hope the birthday celebration was good as well as your Friday in general.

Det...sounds like the job prospects are positive, good news. Hope you enjoyed the sun.

Lav...tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and warm, will help with the Easter Egg hunt. However we're looking at snow next week and dropping temps.

Won Ton soup on the menu tonight so must get at it. Have a peaceful evening all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                X