AF Daily ~ Sunday March 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Sunday March 20

Good Sunday morning Abbers & Happy Spring!

Don't know where Mick is so I'm starting us up. Coffee is ready
    I'll check in later!

Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

morning all
    nasty rainy cloudy kinda March day.

Lav, thanks for the start up. Mick maybe out seeking buried treasure??

not much shaking here, watched some basketball last night over at my son's home. Good games, good visit.

was thinking how important it is racking up AF days when first starting. Then I got to thinking how important it is to make sure along with the time gained, there is a realization of an attitude shift, not dealing with duration but dealing with the thought of how much better I feel; how when things happen in an adverse way, I don't drink at it but rather I deal with. The focus shifts from not drinking, rather to what is actually happening.... if that makes sense.

have a good one everyone.
    hope your day is a smooth sail.
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,thanks for the kickoff Lav(even though you tried slippin us decaf haha) Sam,good post my sleeps been odd the past few nights sorta not deep,I hate that! Hubs called and tried to get our Dish bill lowered by dropping some channels,no bueno!!!! Too many infomercials,none of Lou's shows,none of my shows,so he was on the phone again to just switch it back,I won't complain again, I like Dish cuz I'm an early to bed girl and the shows I like play east coast time so I don't hafta wait til 9 for certain shows,was reading Liz's candida thread and I'm amazed at how similar her symptoms were to mine! So looking into that now,much love to all,hope we all have a super Sunday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the start-up and coffee, Lav. Your post makes sense to me, Sam. Were it not for being aware of the improvements in my AF life, don't know that I'd continue making the effort to stay quit. Pauly, don't think I've ever heard anyone say that they've got low cost TV that they're happy with, me included.

Excellent shower contractor is hired! Such a relief to have that settled. Start date not for another week or so, which is fine. Off to Dad's today for usual Sunday visit. Weather got cool here again, but it's the bright and sunny cool that I love.

Will check back for Mick's treasure pics.

Comment

hiya ...yep tis I ..I tried to get on here this morning,but couldnt get on the internet at all!!!then on my phone tried to log in ...and according the website on my mobile I dont exist!!it wont let me in at all...yep been out detecting today,up near York,weather was lovely ...even got a bit of a burn to my head,found an 1863 silver sixpence,a Henry the 2nd penny ,Norwich mint,dated round about 1127, and also a couple of flint scrapers from the Neolithic age..dont know what was up with the computer ,but it seems to be working now....

Sam ...you hit it bang on the head...when we start..we count the days,knowing that we cant drink ....as time goes on we realise that the time counting is less important ,but what does become important is the realisation that yes we can drink ,but actually that original cant has turned into dont want..

hiya pauly how are you today?all good I hope...

hey pie hows you ?good choice on the less cheap option...glad things are on the move for you...

hi Lav how are you today then?cheers for the start up..heres a late brew for your trouble...what have you been up to today?

hi ppqp...how are you ?are things getting sorted with the lawyer?hope so...keep your chin up...

hey det ..how are you mate?all ok?

right big shout to ns and any others Ive missed ...see you in the morning ..
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

I haven't been up to a whole lot today, mostly trying to keep warm. Got the fireplace going now so it's better. Stupid, stupid weather, ha ha!!

Sam, I understand & completely agree with your statement. Our focus does shift somewhere along the line. I try to take a minute each day & send thanks to the universe & everyone who helped me finally see the light
            I have had my eye on the calendar lately though - 6 more days until my 7th AF anniversary! I have to decide what I am going to bake & bring in to share

Pauly, I've been trying to tell you that reducing your sugar intake is a must if you want to repair your gut. Fungus feeds on sugar so no more donuts, ha ha!!!
            Our cable company has been overcharging us for a while. Now they are advertising something called EXP & I think that means our charges are going to go even higher. Don't know what I'm going to do about it yet.

Pie, glad you got the good contractor for the shower job. Now you can rest in peace (no nightmares)!!!

Mick, sounds like you had a lucrative day, good for you!
            I want a free season pass to 'Mick's Museum of Antiquities'. You have quite a collection now.

Wishing everyone a peaceful night!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X