Wednesday 23rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday 23rd

morning folks ..how are we today then?firstly thoughts go to the relatives and injured of those involved in the atrocities in Brussels yesterday..I dont really do politics,but all I will say is that there is so much crap still being talked by politicians,Obama,Merkel,Cameron,Clinton Trump its unreal...agreed there are some smatterings on common sense in there..but not a lot!!one such comment....about closing the international borders and doing away with Schengen..the open border policy in Europe and stopping free movement...there was a call to close the borders with checkpoints as they used to be..there were 3 arguments put up against...1 its expensive...oh really?2 it takes time and will hold people up....and thirdly the terrorist networks are already in the different countries,so whats the point?...those pissy arguments are what we pay politicians for!!Off me soap box..but thats just an example..grrrr

brew time...not many on here yesterday..must be the good weather...

hiya Det ...wow sounds like you are enjoying yourself mate.....good for you...choccy brownies are allowed now and again....

hiya pie ...how are you today?all good I hope...this is kind of what I am trying to do....https://www.quickcrop.co.uk/blog/how...warming-cable/ basically a leccy cable providing warmth to the soil assisting germination...was also in the charity shop yesterday...got this gravy boat and saucer ..in your money $1.5 fits in pretty well...

20160323_070228.jpg

hiya pauly.....hows you today then apart from having strong wind ,blowin stuff off the table!!!no boogie for me yustaday either ....but look at the little planters I got....hedgehogs!!!pound shop...

20160323_065350.jpg

if you look closely,next to that purple flower ..there is a stick..that was me boogie...Bird of Paradise plant in the big pot on the window ledge..

hiya Lav...hows you today then?a brew to start you off?here you go then..here is that plant starting to flower ..really weird isnt it?

20160323_065412.jpg

hiya Sam,NS,ppqp...and any others I have missed....

When I was young, I decided I wanted to go to medical school. At the entrance exam, we were asked to rearrange the letters P N E I S And form the name of an important human body part which is most useful when erect. Those who answered SPINE are doctors today, while the rest

Little Johnny was playing outside in the garden one day when he pulled a worm from it’s wormhole. Johnny’s grandfather, who had seen the whole incident approached Johnny with a devious grin upon his face. He placed a $10 bet with Johnny that Johnny wouldn’t be able to put the wriggly worm back into it’s hole. Johnny gleefuly accepted the wager and proceeded to the house with the worm in his hand. It wasn’t long until Johnny came back from inside the house and carefully threaded the worm back into it’s hole. His grandfather gazed in awe at this amazing feat and told Johnny that he would give him the $10 if Johnny explained to him exactly how he managed to thread the worm back into it’s hole. Johnny proceeded to tell his grandfather about how he sneaked into his sister’s room and covered the worm with his sisters hair spray until the worm was rock hard so that he could simply thread the worm back into it’s hole. His grandfather duly honoured his word and handed the money over to Johnny. The next morning Johnny was out playing in the garden again when his grandfather gleefully approached him and handed him a crisp ten dollar bill, but Johnny being the honest young lad that he was, handed the money back to his grandfather and told his grandfather that he had already paid him yesterday. His grandfather replied; “Yes but this is from your grandmother”

“Mommy, my turtle is dead,” little Johnny sorrowfully told his mother, holding the turtle out to her. The mother kissed him on the head, then said,” That’s all right. We’ll wrap him in tissue paper, put him in a little box, then have a nice burial ceremony in the back yard. After that, we’ll go out for an ice cream soda, and then get you a new pet. I don’t want you …” Her voice trailed off as she noticed the turtle move. “Johnny, your turtle is not dead after all.” “Oh,” the disappointed boy said. “Can I kill it?”

I went into my local newsagents and I saw that he had put up a big sign saying, “NO READING IN THIS SHOP” I grabbed 4 bars of chocolate, took them to the counter and said, “Which of these is the Dairymilk?”

At the start of the exam, the invigilator says, “You have exactly 2 hours. I will not accept any papers after this time has elapsed.” Two hours later, the invigilator calls out, “Time’s up, Ladies and Gentlemen.” One student is still scribbling away ten minutes later when the invigilator has all the collected papers in a large stack front of him. Slowly, the student finishes up and walks over to hand in his paper, but the invigilator refuses to accept it. The student puffs up his chest and says: “Do you have any idea who I am?” “No,” says the invigilator. “Great,” says the student as he slips his paper into the middle of the stack.

I haven’t owned a watch for I don’t know how long. ————

———— Warning: This movie ‘MAY’ contain nudity? Either it does or it doesn’t, don’t waste my f*cking time.

———— Two goldfish are in a tank. One turns to the other and says, “How the f*ck do you drive this?”

———— Jim Apple finds introducing himself very problematic when holidaying in France.

The wife came home with four cases of beer, three boxes of wine, two bottles of whisky and two loaves of bread. “Are we expecting guests?” I asked. “No,” she replied. “Then why did you buy so much f*cking bread?

A lady was lost in her car in a bad snow storm. She remembered what her dad had once told her. If you ever get stuck in a snow storm, wait for a snow plough and follow it. Pretty soon a snow plough came by and she started to follow it. She followed the plough for about 45 minutes. Finally the driver of the snow plough got out and asked what she was doing. She explained that her dad had told her that if she ever got stuck in the snow, to follow a plough. The driver nodded, and said “Well I’m through with the Asda car park, so now you can follow me over to Tesco.”
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    looks like a beaut out there. Started to do the evening shift here last night but was computer weary. Thanks for the brew, Mick. The terrorist thing has always disgusted and baffled me. No good point to it; now we have do a semi striptease act to get on an airplane, yet if you don't..... humans are the only creature that know how to inflict pain upon one another, yet they also know how to give love to one another and my hope is that the latter far outweighs the first.

another day, another dollar, off to work shortly, hope everyone has a good one.

Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Hump day!

Thanks for the startup Mick. Your planter looks happy & that is the same weird looking bloom we get here on the yucca. Mine doesn't bloom every year so we'll see what it does this summer.
      I am trying not to listen to any politician's views on the terrorist activity, none of them know anything.

Sam, this is good work outside kind if weather - have a good day

Hello to everyone, I'll check in later.
      Need to get myself to Curves now. Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,cute jokesthanks for the pics too,hi Sam and Lav and everyone else popping in, hope we all have a great Wednesday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Just stopping in to wish everyone a peaceful night.
          I will check in tomorrow from my granddaughter's house, yay!!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Guys....started to type all my woes and it sounded like a pity pot so deleted it.
            Just know that I'm taking Mick's advice and putting issues in boxes and dealing with them one at a time.
            I am so grateful for this thread as it feels like home, just feel guilty that I'm not contributing as much as I could....:heartbeat:PPQP

Comment

Working...
            X