toosdi....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

toosdi....

hiya folks.....well the praer group musta worked....no pain this morning...yeehee...so much so its one of them keep touching it to make sure all is well...why do we do that?I was in real pain last night but now thankfully gone..fingers xd...rabbit gone on her jollies to the farm too..plan is pick her up on the sunday ..give her sunday to get used to home again and then collect Jeeves Monday...

well off to Dublin this morning...gettin picked up in 2 hrs...dont know what tinternet connection is like over there ....

big brewz all round ..

hiya det ..why the drink?there must be a reason for it mate..it doesnt just jump into yer hand and down your neck...somewhere in there you made a decision to drink ....its why you chose that as opposed to saying no ...cmon man you know the score ..you know you are gonna feel crap afterwards...:hug:

hiya Lav ..hows you then?big brew time...high temps? if you need some frost or wind just shout theres spare here!!

hiya pauly how are you today then?all good I hope...

hey ns hows you ?you getting ready for travelling again?talking about not drinking ..the dentist said yesterday ..I shouldnt drink for 2 weeks..in amongst all the pain it was nice to just think ..not applicable...

hey sam ..how did you get on with the calf selling?success I hope...that was a good analogy you put up about the drink...not so sure about the divorce tho...had one of them ...and it cost me a few bob!!!!

hiya pie ..how are you today then?all good I hope...must be honest me and my brother never had the best of relationships ..till my mum died, and then when I was poorly...but since then ..get on great..and whats more interesting is the older we get ..the similar we seem to be getting in nature etc...or mebbe we always were ..but went our own ways and didnt see it...

hiya sf,ppqp ,and kuya sounds like the 3 musketeers! hope you are ok too...well folks time for the off...have a good one...

“Now hiring,” read the classified ad. “Cemetery superintendent. The ideal candidate must be able to supervise in a fast-paced environment.”

This Classified ad Speaks Volumes:

“Wanted to buy: playpen, cradle, high chair; also two single beds.”

Matthew Cole, Plant City, Florida

Just because the items in these classified ads are free doesn’t mean they’re worth it:

• Free: Piano with matching bench seat, very good condition, all keys work probably

Source: Gettysburg Area Merchandiser

• Free: 5 kitchen drawers, all matching naughty pine fronts

Source: Topeka Capital-Journal

• Free Vain Screening

Source: Boston Globe

• Free rent in exchange for elderly woman

Submitted by James Hutchinson, Carroll Valley, Pennsylvania; Faith Adams, Topeka, Kansas; Annetta Boisselle, Melrose, Massachusetts

Customer Service Jokes, Funny Headlines, Funny Stories
    Bad Typos in Real Newspapers

We all make mistakes. Some 
are just more public than others, 
like these real newspaper typos:

“Here the bridal couple stood, 
facing the floral setting, and exchanged cows.” Modesto News-Herald (California)

“It took many rabbits many years to write the Talmud.” Holland Evening Sentinel (Michigan)

“Mrs. ____ fell down stairs at her home this morning, breaking her myhodudududududududosy, and suffered painful injuries.” Ohio paper

“A headline in an item in the 
Feb. 15th edition incorrectly stated ‘Stolen Groceries.’ It should have read: ‘Homicide.’” Enquirer-Bulletin

From Just My Typo, by Drummond Moir 
(Three Rivers Press)

Think the comments on Internet posts are tough? See what happened when the Washington Post asked its readers to write intentionally angry letters to actual headlines:

Headline: 20,000 Pound Pavement to Help Homeless

Response: “Are you people idiots? What the homeless need are homes, not ten tons of additional pavement!”

Headline: Maryland Agrees to 
Tobacco Settlement

Response: “Well, that’s all we 
need—an entire settlement of people devoted to their cancer sticks. What’s next, a drunk-driving commune?”

Headline: C.C. United Se Une 
Hoy a Campana Solidaria Pro 
Centroamerica

Response: “I was disgusted with 
the sloppy spelling for [this] article. There were so many typos, I couldn’t understand a word.”

From gcfl.net

•Firefighters Use Jaws of Life to Free High School Girl from Locker

•FDA Approves Third Silicone-Gel Breast Implant

•Missing Woman Unwittingly Joins Search Party Looking for Herself

•Woman’s “Stomach Bug” Actually Baby

Sources: Ottawa Citizen (Canada), ctpost.com, Associated Press, Toronto Sun

A headline in my local newspaper: “Appleton Airport May Soon Be Known as Appleton Airport.”

Allison Nastoff, Brookfield, Wisconsin

Journalists and editors on deadline make the occasional error. Some are funnier than others:
    • NBC reported that American students rank internationally at: “26th math, 21th science, 17th reading.”
    • Britain’s Sky News showed the 
importance of punctuation: “Top 
stories: World leaders at Mandela tribute, Obama–Castro handshake and same-sex marriage date set.”
    • A retraction from Wired: “A previous version of this story incorrectly quoted Dropbox cofounder Drew Houston saying ‘anyone with nipples’ instead of ‘anyone with a pulse.’”
    Sources: jonathanturley.org, Washington Times, poynter.org

First Microbes Breathed Sulfur Before It Was Cool

Washington Post

Stolen Prosthetic Arm Discovered in a Secondhand Shop

Daily Echo, England

Marshall County Sheriff’s Candidate Disputes Report of Own Death

WAFF (Huntsville, Alabama

City Unsure Why the Sewer Smells —The Herald-Palladium (St. Joseph, Michigan)

Case of Innocent Man Freed 
After Spending 18 Years in Prison Proves Texas System Works —Lubbock Avalanche-Journal (Texas)

British Left Waffles on Falklands —The Guardian

At Last Singer Etta James Dies —dailymail.co.uk

• County to Pay $250,000 to Advertise Lack of Funds (Register-Guard, Eugene, Oregon)

• 4-H Training Scheduled for Shooting Instructors (Pine City Pioneer, Minnesota)

• Study Shows Frequent Sex Enhances Pregnancy Chances (Winchester Star, Virginia)

• Police: DUI Charge for Woman Celebrating End of Earlier DUI 
Suspension (Chicago Tribune)

• Federal Agents Raid Gun Shop, Find Weapons (Tulsa World, Oklahoma)

A counterfeiter drives to a small town, enters a store, and hands the rube behind the counter an $18 bill. “Mind making change?” he asks.

“Sure,” says the clerk. “Ya want two nines or three sixes?”

Headline from the Times Herald-Record (Newburgh, New York): West Point Cadets Train for Life in Iraq with Weekend in N.J.

Funny Headlines, Military Jokes
    Woman with Arms Held

—Source: Times of India

Funny Headlines
    Wisconsin Woman Takes Husband to Police for “Talking Stupidly”

—Source: La Crosse (Wisconsin) Tribune

A therapist has a theory that couples who make love once a day are the happiest. So he tests it at a seminar by asking those assembled, “How many people here make love once a day?” Half the people raise their hands, each of them grinning widely. “Once a week?” A third of 
the audience members raise their hands, their grins a bit less vibrant. “Once a month?” A few hands tepidly go up. Then he asks, “OK, how about once a year?”

One man in the back jumps up and down, jubilantly waving his hands. The therapist is shocked—this disproves his theory. “If you make love only once a year,” he asks, “why are you so happy?”

The man yells, “Today’s the day!”

My mother was rushed to the 
hospital following a serious tumble. There the staff placed a band around her wrist with large letters warning: Fall Risk.

Unimpressed, Mom said to me, “I’ll have them know I’m a winter, spring, and summer risk too.”

My doctor took one look at 
my gut and refused to believe that 
I work out. So I listed the exercises 
I do every day: jump to conclusions, climb the walls, drag my heels, 
push my luck, make mountains out of molehills, bend over backward, run around in circles, put my foot 
in my mouth, go over the edge, and beat around the bush.

Colonoscopies are important medical procedures that have saved lives. And yet they’re as popular 
as, well, a colonoscopy. Here are 
comments purportedly made by 
patients to physicians during their procedures.

“Now I know how a Muppet feels!”

“Could you write a note for my wife saying that my head is not up there?”

“Any sign of the trapped miners, chief?”

My teenage patient’s mother was concerned. “He must have a temperature,” she said. “He hasn’t taken our motorcycle out all day.”

“Let me ask you,” I said. “Do you have a thermometer?”

“No,” she said. “A Kawasaki.”

When I stepped on the scale at 
my doctor’s office, I was surprised 
to see that I weighed 144 pounds.

“Why don’t you just take off 
that last four?” I joked to the nurse’s 
aide as she made a notation on 
my chart.

A few moments later, my doctor came in and flipped through the chart.

“I see you’ve lost weight,” he said. “You’re down to 14 pounds.”

Three guys are fishing when an angel appears.

The first guy says, “I’ve suffered from back pain for years. Can you help me?” The angel touches the man’s back, and he feels instant relief.

The second guy points to 
his thick glasses and begs for 
a cure for his poor eyesight. When the angel tosses the lenses into the lake, the man 
gains 20/20 vision.

As the angel turns to the third fellow, he instantly recoils and screams, “Don’t touch me! I’m on disability!”
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

If I'm not back from the shops before you go, Mick. Safe and comfortable travels to you,love.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Cheers jack. .and the same to you...at Manchester now waiting the Dublin flight.. when do you go?
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Tried jacs...but it put jack

Comment

morning all
          Mick, you are on a roll this morning. You leaving today, have good flight and an enjoyable time. Yep, got calves to market yesterday, selling 10 of them. Sale is today. Averaged around 500 lbs. Doing the do with the conservation folks today. Meetings and all that sort fing. Lav, it was down right hot yesterday. NS, where are you that is so hilly? PQ, you doing ok??? Set, ditto on Mick's take. Choices, choices. then end result never changes: feel like shit. Hope you're feeling better. Pie, send some rain our way, in a wink of an eye, it got dry here. How's it going Pauly? you've been sounding quite chipper these days! Kuya, how did the pup do that had the blockage? all good?

well of to it.
          hello to all, see you in the funny papers (never have understood that saying but always liked it)
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,have a wonderful trip and I expect pics Sam,I'm trying to look at this life in a positive light from now on,stop dwelling on the negative shit all the time,Lavs been trying to drill that into my thick head for awhile now,Sunflower, what a great post,yep "Pet Cemetery" pretty much sums it up,uglier,scarier and less intelligence, oh the fantasy of a fun night of drinking,the reality of sitting in jammy bottoms in the middle of the day,on the couch crying totally ALONE is the damn reality!so miserable, off to get ready,much love to all,have a great Tuesday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good Tuesday morning Abbers!

Have a fabulous & safe trip Mick
              I remember some internet cafes over there in Dublin 13 years ago. I'll bet things have improved since then.

Det, we are all hoping you are OK today!

Hi JC!

Sam, the AC in my house actually turned itself on yesterday, ha ha! Supposed to be cooler today.

Lots of work, exercise & gardening waiting for me so I'll get moving.
              Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Here we are folks on sunny Dublin...Julie is amazed..she left all this to me..and it's turned out good...she was expecting a tent in North Korea or some such. .faith in my organisation. .not tooth doing okay fingers xd

Comment

Glad you got there OK Mick
                  Be sure to go see the 'castle' in Dublin. Not what you're used to seeing, ha ha! Have fun
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X