monday the 25th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monday the 25th

right then peeps and a grand day it is ...that is apart from the rai n....so how are we all today then?all good ? we shall see...well yustaday was supposed to be a doss day ..ha! that never happened ...phoned the woman up about getti ng Jeeves..no reply was the answer so I thought original arrangements to stand and pick him up today...nope gets a message about 3 ..its ok to pick him up ...so garden suitably re-arranged,in car and gone ...so he is here now ...bigger than Zeuss ..he was taken from a home with a lot of other wabbits who had been badly treated..they wont go into details ..but he is very frightened when you put your hand near him ...unless it has food in it.. there behaviour shows signs that they are happy inquisitive...but they both want to be boss..so this should be interesting...

right brew time..here we go...

hiya Kuya...hows you then?well done on the weight loss...thats pretty good going...I put on a coupla pounds over the water....but hey I was eating nearly all the time ...and somemore...shift that pretty quick..just cut my leg off!!Is your son still on it too?

hiya pauly ...hows you then?you say you need a different plan?what was your last one?did you include what you would do when you got the urge for a beer??what was your back up?there are lots of things you can do...when you get that crave...

1 exercise your way through it ..it doesnt last forever..whats more it doesnt matter how many times you exercise either...
    2 write your way through it...write down the plusses and minuses for drinking/ not drinking..be as off the wall with your ideas as you want ..just keep doing it with the knowledge in your head ..as long as you want a drink you will write..have some water too
    3 af beer..some people frown at this personall y if it achieves the objective ..fine..the stipulation is .have a glass of water there too...you can only slug the af ..once you have taken some water...one for one..ie mouthful of water then beer..
    4 use mwo...this works!!when you feel like drinking ..post on one of the threads..not just a "I need a beer "but why what you have been up to etc ..then promise yourself you wont touch anything until someone has replied directly to you trying to help...

just some ideas...also give yourself some you time ...yes its hard sometimes I know,but you need it ...and deserve it..now ump on and lets go ...

hiya pie ...you ok?hows doggyland ?is your dad staying with you now?hope all is ok....

hiya Daisy ..hows about ye?day 17 ..well done you..no probs stealin the jokes...you can steal anything ........apart from ma wallet that is...

Mr G ..big three oh ..well done mate....

hiya Lav.....brew time...how are you today then?hopefully all well...did you get anything planted in the garden?Ive got a lot to put in..got a couple of ideas to try and defeat the slugs this year...as for meeting up...it was probably one of the best things I did...as byrdie says ..these are real people with real lives ..who suffer the same issues..I cannot explain how positive or fun it was ..Satzy Molly and Jacs do it regular..I now know why..as for yb knowing ..it was kinda like that with me..sort of "drip fed"bits to Julie..after all when you dont tell folk you have a problem ..how are they expected to recieve it all?she actually knew a fair bit more than I thought!!it goes back to the embarrassed /shame thing again ...if it was smoking people wouldnt give a toss ..in fact they would be helping..but booze..aaargh ..unclean unclean!!
    soooo......you never know ..one day there may be a baldy little Jock standing at your door,come to clean the windows or summat!!!

hi Sam ...wheres you mate?havent seen you for a few days..all good in your wureld?

Det ..you put the wheel back on yer wagon mate?cmon lets do this..

ns how are you?are you travelling at the mo?

ppqp...where ARE you?hope all is well let me know ...even in a pm...

right peeps heres some pics of the wabbitz...the first ones ..just like the royal family ..only these are more important!!!

have a good one....

j2.jpg

j4.jpg

j6.jpg

jee.jpg

20160424_161320.jpg

The trouble with the EU...

A farmer named Sam was overseeing his herd in a remote hilly pasture in Hereford when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced toward him out of a cloud of dust.
    The driver, a young man in a Brioni suit, Gucci shoes, RayBan
    sunglasses and YSL tie, leaned out the window and asked the farmer,
    "If I tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, will you give me a calf?"
    Sam looks at the man, who obviously is a yuppie, then looks at his peacefully grazing animals and calmly answers,
    "Sure, why not?"
    The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell notebook computer,
    connects it to his Cingular RAZR V3 cell phone, and surfs to a NASA page on the Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo.
    The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg, Germany ...
    Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot that the image has been processed and the data stored.
    He then accesses an MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with email on his Blackberry and, after a few minutes, receives a response.
    Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech,
    miniaturized HP LaserJet printer, turns to the Farmer and says, "You have exactly 1,586 cows and calves."
    "That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves,"
    says Sam.
    He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on with
    amusement as the young man stuffs it into the boot of his car.
    Then Sam says to the young man,
    "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my calf?"
    The young man thinks about it for a second and then says,
    "Okay, why not?"
    "You're a Member of the European Parliament",
    says Sam.
    "Wow! That's correct,"
    says the yuppie,
    "but how did you guess that?"
    "No guessing required."
    answered Sam.
    "You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked.
    You used millions of pounds worth of equipment trying to show me how much smarter than me you are; and you don't know a thing about how working people make a living - or about
    cows, for that matter.
    This is a herd of sheep.
    Now give me back my feckin dog.

That my friends is the problem with the EU

Donny is a 17-year-old ninth grader who is becoming increasingly disillusioned with the public school system. One day he got an easy homework assignment. All he had to do was put each of the following words in a sentence. This is what he did....

RECTUM -- I had two Cadillacs, but my ol' lady RECTUM both.
    DISAPPOINTMENT -- My parole officer tol me if I miss DISAPPOINTMENT they gonna send me back to the big house. FORECLOSE -- If I pay alimony this month, I'll have no money FORECLOSE.
    CATACOMB -- Don Trump was on telly the other night, Man, somebody give that
    CATACOMB.
    PENIS -- I went to da doctor and he handed me a cup and said PENIS.
    ISRAEL -- Alonso tried to sell me a Rolex, I said Man, that looks fake. He said, No, ISRAEL.

TRIPOLI -- I was gonna buy my old lady a bra but I couldn't find no TRIPOLI.
    STAIN -- My mother-in-law axed if I was STAIN for dinner again.
    SELDOM -- My cousin gave me two tickets to the Knicks game, so I SELDOM.

Donny got an A.

The last fight was my fault. My wife asked, ''What's on the TV?'' I said, ''Dust!''

In the beginning, God created earth and rested. Then God created man and rested. Then God created woman. Since then, neither God nor man has rested.

My wife and I are inseparable. In fact, last week it took four state troopers and a dog.

A beggar walked up to a well dressed woman shopping on Rodeo Drive and said ''I haven't eaten anything in four days.'' She looked at him and said, ''God, I wish I had your willpower.'

A man inserted an ad in the classified: ''Wife wanted.'' Next day he received a hundred letters. They all said the same thing: ''You can have mine.''

The most effective way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once. That is def true!!(From experience!!)

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are beautiful.

Q: How do you stop an elephant from charging?
    A: Take away his credit card.

A Scots man heads for home after spending the whole night in a bar drinking. He was carrying his little Scotch bottle in the left shirt pocket just in case. Suddenly, a robber appears and threatens him with a gun. The Scot gets scared, and the attacker shoots, aiming towards his heart, and then runs away.
    The Scot falls down, puts his hand on his left pocket and feels something wet. He cries, ''Oh my God! I hope it's blood!'' '

Little Red Riding Hood walks through the forest and sees a wolf hunched under a tree with its ears erect and its mouth stretched in a big grimace.

She says to the wolf, "My, what big ears you have!"

The wolf keeps grimacing.

She says, "My, what big eyes you have!"

The wolf grimaces even wider, baring his teeth.

She says, "My, what big teeth you have!"

The wolf finally snaps and says, "will you f .. off! I'm trying to take a dump."

Q: How does a crazy person travel through the woods?
    A: They take the psychopath.

hear about the redneck who stared at the orange juice carton because it said "concentrate."
    Last edited by Mick; April 25, 2016, 04:31 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good Monday morning Mick & all Abbers

Great pics Mick - I see some bunny love blossoming, ha ha!
    I hope Sandy & Mr Jeeves have a long & happy life together.
    I am going to continue to keep MWO to myself around here. I know full well YB's history of screwing up things that make me happy. He just can't seem to help himself. Actually, he could help himself if he'd just let go of that damn overgrown ego of his.
    I am reinforcing my defense shields right now to prepare for his June 10 retirement - God help me.
    I did take advantage of the nice weekend weather & got 15 strawberry plants in the newest raised bed. Now I just need to keep the wildlife away from them, ha ha.

Pauly, c'mon girl & stick with us. You may not see it now but maneuvering thru life AF is actually easier & empowering at the same time.
    AL just never gives us freedom, it just keeps us tied down.

Sam, did you get enough rain to squash those fires in Shenendoah? Geez, it's always so sad to see those beautiful trees & land burn.

Hello to Pie, Det, NS, PQ & everyone dropping by today!
    I have lots to do today so I'll get moving.
    Make it a wonderful AF day everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,funny jokes Mick and wow,Jeeves is bigger than Zuess hello Lav and all else who pop in,hope we all have a nice Monday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good jokes, Mick. Need some more Donald Trump ones if you can find them. I need to laugh instead of cry!

I think I'm done traveling by plane for awhile, thank goodness. Weekend trips by car are ok with me and we have a few of those on the horizon. But air travel is just such a drag these days (especially given that I don't live near a large airport), I'm glad to have nothing planned until next Dec. Hope it stays that way! An exception would be if I had the opportunity to meet up w/ some MWO buddies - that would be worth it! It sounds like there were 2 sets of good times in Ireland last week.

Pauly, if tenacity were enough, you'd be the queen of sober living. I admire you so much for coming right back and trying again. I think, though, that you need not to repeat the same experiment over and over. What can you do differently this time that could be the key to your success? Each of us who has any time AF has taken the option of drinking in response to good or bad times, no matter how we are feeling, off the table. Mick had some great suggestions for things to do "instead".

Hi, to Lav, Sam, Pie, Kuya, and any Abbers that stop by, NS

Comment

morning all,
          Mick, nice to read your post, pics, humor, and all. Even though I don't say much, I need a few moments to myself and lately that hasn't been happening. Someone calls, daughter appears etc etc.

Lav, haven't heard too much re fire but we really didn't get much rain in my neck of the woods, hopefully they did over on the mountains. There is quite a bit of dead hemlock in the park areas so i'm sure it is going up like kindling. good rain for you?

Pauly, thought of you Saturday. Got my semi annual haircut and for the first time in 27 years I went to a "haircuttery" place. My wife has cut my hair for years but she said it is getting harder to do. I was wishing you lived nearby so I could go to someone I knew. Like going to a new dentist, only this is the vanity dentist.

NS, so you're back on home turf? I'm not crazy about flying either.

off to buy a toilet.
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

off to buy a toilet. Sam
            Could AF living be any more exciting :haha:???

Comment

:hahaha:
              Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
              Could AF living be any more exciting :haha:???
              Hey anybody notice how I am not belly aching here anymore?
              Proud of myself, now I just keep it all inside where it belongs.
              (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Hey Eloise - don't keep it inside too long & risk explosion. Let it out girl!!!!
                We are fairly good listeners here

Sam, the rain was minimal here. I just heard that there is now a large fire burning up in the Poconos north of me
                So how did the Hair Cuttery treat you?? Did you get the toilet? Inquiring minds want to know, ha ha!

NS, I haven't been on a plane for almost 7 years! At this point I really don't know if I ever will again - #notfun
                I hope you can enjoy staying put for a while

Pauly, let's keep plugging along together :hug:

Peace to everyone tonight!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Abbers,

I'm interested in Sams toilet! i.e. is it self composting style? connected to local town sewerage? I'll be living out in the sticks at some stage pretty much off the grid so am looking at self sufficient amenities, like solar power, and the damn toilet. Pricey to hook up to the grid.

Have a bewdy out there.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

G, here's the poop; rather a link to composting toilets, my son made one

Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Originally posted by Samstone View Post
                      G, here's the poop; rather a link to composting toilets, my son made one

https://humanurehandbook.com/downloa...ion_manual.pdf
                      Love it Sam. You ain't talking hot air. I believe a protected nature reserve outside of town has a similar toilet system for visitors/tourists.

xpost. Hiya KY!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                      X