thursday the thingyth of April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thursday the thingyth of April

morn all...loooking out of the window this morning ou certainly wouldntbelieve it was AApril....snow and it is still happening ...anyway how are we all today then?all good I hope...Byrdie flies home today..not literally but on the big silver bird...so safe journey to her and hubby..

brew time now methinks...forgot to get coffeee yustaday ,so now reduced to the little packets stashed in the cupboard purloined from hotels all over the world,together with sawdust sweeepings orf the garage floor!!
    stil wanna brew?

hiya Kuya ...how are you then today ?feeling any better?them cold things are terrible ..dont usually get them ...its usually the deadly man flu I get.....

hiya Pauly how are you today then?hope all is well with you..any plants on the go?

hiya Det ...best of luck with the new meds my friend..hope it helps you to beat those triggers...thats what you need ...if we can help in anyway give us a shout ..

mornin Sam...congrats on your appointment as a full time soiler!!well done matee..snow ..not really usual at this time of year....it took Zeuss and Sandy a couple of weeks to get their heads together...she is the sticking point over the hutch ...possibly next week might put them together in the garden and segregate the hutches..its interesting ..but can be very frustrating too....especially with my patience levels...but with these you are risking injury or worse if you mess up and that aint hapning..

hiya ns...how are you doing?whats happening in your world?anything ..or just merrily trundling along booze free?

hey pie how are you?hope you are doing ok..sounded like you were pretty busy last time you were on here...

hiya Lav...hows you then?all good ?hows the dog doing?hope she is ok too..the blue strawberries are advertised on ebay!!the weather there sounds as crazee as it does here..it was really snowing about 2 hours ago...and now the sun is out..head scratching as to what flowers to put in for colour and safe..one of the permanent ones will be fuschias..plenty of colour ,hardy..and also my favourites..used to grow them before ..and at one stage had 63 different varieties on the go in the garden!greenhouse benches are full ..just waiting for the frosts to clear..tho when that will be?in the meantime here is a lovely packet coffee...now you can have Spanish ,Menorcan or Irish packaging!!have a good day..

hiya daisy ..you ok..?not mad dash about time with daughter yet is it?

right peeps off we go...

Q: What do you get when you cross a centipide with a parrot?
    A: A walkie-talkie.

A woman got married, but her husband was abusive.

She got remarried and that husband ran out on her.

She got married again and that husband failed in bed.

Finally, she put an ad in the paper: "Looking for a man who won't abuse me, won't leave me, and won't fail me in bed."

The next day, the doorbell rings. There is a man with no arms and no legs.

"Hello, I saw your ad in the paper," he says.

"Tell me a little about you."

"Well, I have no arms, so I can't hit you. I have no legs, so I can't run out on you," he replies.

"How do I know you're good in bed?" she asks.

He says, "I rang the doorbell, didn't I?"

Two friends go out to a club. One friend with a wooden eye says that he's nervous about girls making fun of him. His friend tells him not to worry.

When they get into the club, the wounded friend gets up enough courage to ask a girl if she'd like to dance.

Excited, she says, "Would I?!"

"Have I made myself clear?" Said the chameleon as he stood in front of a sheet of glass.

When I was a child, my dad tried to force-feed me.
    After a while, my mum said, "Just use a fecking spoon, Mike. You're not a Jedi."

I used to be perfectly sane before I lost my penis.

Now I'm just nuts.

If you were born in Gotham City and your first name is 'The', there's a good chance you'll turn out to be a villain.

My wife came home from work crying yesterday and asked me to console her.

So I hit her over the head with my Xbox.

I spotted a tiger at the zoo yesterday.

It looks like a leopard now.

I got an e-mail saying 'At Google Earth we can read maps backwards!'

I thought, "That's just spam."

If anyone ever tells you they've lost their voice,

They're lying.

A Winchester woman driving along at speed passed over a bridge only to find a cop with a radar gun on the other side lying in wait. The cop pulled her over, walked up to the car, with that classic patronizing smirk & asked, 'What's your hurry?'
    She replied, 'I'm late for work.'
    'Oh yeah,' said the cop, 'what do you do?'
    'I'm a Rectum Stretcher,' she responded.
    The cop stammered, 'A what?............
    'A Rectum Stretcher!'
    'And just what does a rectum stretcher do?'
    'Well,' she said, 'I start by inserting one finger in the rectum, then work my way up to two fingers, then three, then four, then with my whole hand in I work from side to side until I can get both hands in, and then I slowly but surely stretch it, until it's about 6 feet'
    'And just what the hell do you do with a 6 foot assehole?' he asked
    'You give him a radar gun & park him behind a bridge..

"Doc,"
    says Steve,
    "I want to be castrated."
    "What on earth for?"
    asks the doctor in amazement.
    "It's something I've been thinking about for a long time and I want to
    have it done"
    replies Steve.
    "But have you thought it through properly?"
    asks the doctor,
    "It's a very serious operation and once it's done, there's no going back. It will change your life forever!"
    "I'm aware of that and you're not going to change my mind -- either you
    book me in to be castrated or I'll simply go to another doctor."
    "Well, OK.",
    says the doctor,
    "But it's against my better judgement!"
    So Steve has his operation, and the next day he is up and walking very
    slowly, legs apart, down the hospital corridor with his drip stand.
    Heading towards him is another patient, who is walking exactly the same way.
    "Hi there,"
    says Steve,"It looks as if you've just had the same operation
    as me."
    "Well," said the patient, "I finally decided after 37 years of life that
    I would like to be circumcised."
    Steve stared at him in horror and screamed,
    "SHIT! THAT'S the word!"
    Last edited by Mick; April 28, 2016, 05:59 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mick! Snow and sleet here too....back to the Winter woollies!
    Now I know you I can only imagine the size of that coffee stash!
    Oul thoughts creeping in so need to stay strong.
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

morning all
      thanks for the brew and chuckles, Mick. enjoyed them!
      Kuya, hope get better soon!

morning Daisy, nice to see you about.

Det, hope the mes work for you, tried to PM you yesterday but your mailbox is full. Hope it works for you, I was trying to tell you of the other meds forum but I see you found out about it.

Lav, we're getting rain!!! last read was over 9,000 acres burned in the park.

Pauly, how goes it? pulling for you!

Ns, what's happening in your neck of the woods, all good? sorry you're ailing too.

pie, all the flooding stop? how's the next project, any going on?

well off to wake up the wife, her yoga teaching day, it is a long one for her.

Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good Thursday morning Abbers!

It's a dark & damp morning here, rain supposedly on the way. I hope we get enough to snuff out all these wildfires popping up. I hate seeing all that destruction.
        I made my own coffee this morning Mick but thanks anyway, ha ha!
        I hope the bunnies settle down quickly for you. Can't believe you are having snow - ridiculous. It's chilly here but not that chilly, LOL

Kuya, I hope you feel better soon. No one likes snot

Daisy, take charge of your thinking - it's yours!
        Direct it every time it wanders off course!

Sam, I hope the rain does the trick although the next thing I'll be complaining about is mud, ha ha!
        Enjoy your day.

Hello to everyone & sending wishes for a fabulous AF day for all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,got two pumpkin plants in now,I really hope they thrive cuz Lou is excited for them loved the lady looking for the perfect man joke haha,hafta steal that one,my mom text me last night that one of my bros is in jail for DUI#2 makes me sad,I don't want these kids struggling with this dumb addiction either, Kuya,feel better Sam,is your hair still long or did they cut it short? Daisy,try and squash those thoughts fast or they tend to fester,that's how I got intottrouble these past few weeks Det,keep us posted on the bac, I still don't understand that medication,I guess it calms you down or something? Yuck my eggs are wet,hate wet eggs! Hello Pie,Lav,NS,SF,PQ I hope we all have a great Thursday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

heya ABers near and far.

also a rainy dark day here in the high desert.

Mick, I'm still larfing over that picture of the wood pallet yesterday. Reminds me of my Homer Simpson woodworking skills.

My doc wouldn't prescribe benzos along with my new script for baclofen, so I'm scared quite badly of withdrawals and can't stop drinking as a result. This puts me in a horrid state as I want to abstain immediately, but am afraid of the results.

I just upped my dose to 20mg as of noon, so we'll see how that goes.

sorry for such a downer post. I wish you all well.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Jesus Det be careful,I know they(benzos and baclofen) are contraindicated, I had thought you had already quit drinking before starting the bac?I guess I don't understand
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, to answer to your questions about baclofen, I'd forward you to read further here:
                Heal Thyself: A Doctor at the Peak of His Medical Career, Destroyed by Alcohol--and the Personal Miracle That Brought Him Back: Olivier Ameisen: 97837453228: Amazon.com: Books
                I'm certainly no doctor. I'm a hobby nutritionist (ironically) that doesn't adhere to my own
                basic nutritional advice. sigh.....
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det, nutrition is my profession and I managed to convince myself for years that what I was doing was ok. Addiction is such a powerful force and can make us do things that defy logic, education, and plain old common sense. You're taking a positive step now though, and that's the important thing. I hope you can get through the phase you're in now soon so the Bac can start taking effect. :hug:

Comment

thank you NS and I wish the same. Can't sleep here. loving you guys.
                    Sam, I didn't realize my mailbox was jammed-up. will check that out.
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X