Newbies Need Blue - Day 16!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning everyone. Sorry guys, you're going to have to put up with me starting the thread today - not sure if we'll see Bluesky as this thing has really knocked her for six.

I'll keep it short as my daughter's waiting for the computer for ALevel revision. Hope everyone had a good, "successful" Friday evening - if you didn't then pick yourself up and make today AF 1. I found last night tricky as hubby was having a glass of wine but I knew if I had one, then that would be 3 nights on the trot - Friday, Sat & Sunday, then next week I'd start Thursday etc etc. So, it was diet coke all the way -anyway, I'm looking forward to tonight and intend to enjoy every sip!

Have a great Saturday everyone and remember the exercise!!!!

Sorry, I haven't got Blue's way with words or a quote for the day - oh come back Blue!!!!!!!!!

love Janicexxxxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Hi Janice I keep popping in and I am really sorry to hear about Blue. I have only been on this site since May and cannot comprehend why anybody would find the need to PM someone with a nasty message. This site is for people who have a struggle with drink and whilst the topics discussed are wide and varied everyone still maintains the ultimate goal of helping and encouraging everyone. I get alot of strength from this site and I have read and followed Blueskys success, everytjing I have ever read from her is so very encouraging and she always seems to think of everybody and I love her quotes. So although I dont post here everyday I always visit and want to say how sorry I am for Blue and hope she comes back.:h

Comment

Made it Day 1 AF!!

Janice,

Thanks for starting the thread today.

Today is the first time I can actually post that I was AF for day 1!!

Slept like cr*p but made it anyway.

Looking forward to being able to post day 2 tomorrow!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm back, with my tail between my legs.

I'd done so well, 14 days AF and feeling tremendous, then...well... you know. I felt horrible all day afterward, and it wasn't even fun! So I'm back on day 2 again. I don't know why I did it at all. I was feeling so much better, in all aspects of my life, it was just this weird itch that came over me. It started in the morning, and I just knew I was going to drink that day. I need to figure out how to combat that kind of urge.

I'm very sorry to hear about Bluesky. I think that the anonymity of the internet makes people feel free to be nasty sometimes in response to their own issues. I hope Blue doesn't take it too seriously or personally. It's just some random person on the internet.

Blue is, from what I have seen, very kind and supportive, and deservedly well loved.

Have a lovely weekend, all

Comment

Thanks for your kind words garden girl and Lunapro - I'm sure they will make Bluesky feel so much better. Don't be too down Lunapro, this is what happens with this poison but be strong and get those AF days going again, you can do it. Cindi, well done on AF1 - the more AF days you can get under your belt, the more you are motivated so keep going!!! Will be back on later, enjoy your day. Janicexx
          AF since 9 May 2012
          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm off to meet someone for a walk so just a quick quote in my feeble attempt to fill in. Hope it helps a bit.
            Over time, our vunerability may become our strength, our fear may develop our courage, and our woundedness may be the road to our integrity. Rachel Naomi Remen

Comment

Good day all,

Just a quick hello because i have to run errands. BBL for more personals I hope. I don't know the full story with the PM to Blue but I hope she will come back. I think so many of us rely on her inspiring words.

Blue, please don't let one person take you away from all of those who enjoy your company. I can't imagine why anyone would try to upset you but try to take it for what it is worth...nothing.

BBL

Comment

Hi all

First, I want to know what happened to Bluesky? I am sad to hear someone said something mean to her...

I did well in May when I was corresponding with you all and then June has been really bad. I wonder if part of it has to do with going off my antidepressants in order to lose weight. I am feeling a lot more things now and have more emotional ups and downs. I probably should have gone off them more slowly.

I have gone backwards in almost every area I had progressed in.

I desperately want to do better.

Comment

Hi,

I only joined a couple of days ago. Is it ok to join your thread? If not (or if I should wait till July or something) just let me know. You all seem to be so determined and supportive of each other, it's really great to see that when so much 'around' alcolism is judgemental, critical, negative and hopeless.

I'm on my 2nd day AF and hoping to reach my third without any mishaps - my aim is to do a month and then see - much as I would like 'moderation', I suspect it's not the right solution for me (have tried it before and it didn't take long to get back to where I was).

I hope you all have a great Saturday.

uda

Comment

welcome to uda

:welcome: Uda

this thread is open at any time!

Comment

Hi Everyone: Uda, you are very welcome. We need all the support we can get.
                      Nancy: I have had a horrible month of June. Today I haven't had a drink but feel icky & shaky. I know I have to stop, stop, stop...no half-way measures. I just looked at my drinktracker & it looked awful. I absolutely need to see the amount I drink in print. Good luck everyone. Mary
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

can't seem to graduate from preschool

Hi, Going to try AF again until July 12 (vacation) . This is the third time I am putting some effort into it. God only knows the little denial demons in my head that throw me off balance: parties, depression, anxiety, tiredness,etc. The longest I've made it was 10 days, but again it's not just the drinking, its going off the whole program. I'm going to check in here daily so as to try to stay on track. I feel a lot less lonely and hopeful being on this newbie thread - thanks for listening.

Comment

Janice,
                          Thanks for starting the thread in Blues absence and I hope it goes better for you than it did for me .......wait I think it already has LOL. I think all of us newbies need to have an assignment today of going out to buy a quote book in case we have to start this thread! Good job last night with the diet coke.

Garden Girl keep popping in, we love your lillies of the valley.

Cindi, Congrats on the AF, it's a great feeling isn't it. The sleep will get better.

Luna, Good luck on day 2, no tail wedgies here!

Nancy, sometimes girl we can only tackle one thing at a time. You are such an inspiration, so well read and intelligent. Don't put so much on yourself at once. I went to the doc to get the meds for drinking. She said no and wanted to do bloodwork. So the results come back and I find out I'm a time bomb. She said Lose weight, get the bp down, go on a low carb diet for the blood glucose, and by the way stop drinking. Duh why do you think I'm here???????? She just told me to basically change everything I do that is me but gave me no tools to do it with. Oh she said see a therapist. I decided that drinking is the root of most of my evils so I decided to take that on first. We all know it's almost impossible to lose weight while we are drinking so I think it's best to attack that first. Come back here often Nancy, I like to see you here.

Uda you are welcome here anytime and congratulations on day 1 AF. It's a day by day process and each day is a move forward toward freedom.

Welcome back Reteacher, You are icky and shake with excitement of getting back on track and posting here and reading and getting that drink tracker to zero, I just know it. You were missed. You can do this Mary we are behind you all the way.

Have a great day everyone.

Melissa
                          If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Hi all. Welcome newbies and everyone not so new but not old, either I did drink last nite but about half of what I usually drink. My allergies (not the reason I drank) are killing me and I'm thinking of cutting off my nose and permanently putting a dish towel in there. I mean with all the blowing I am doing why do it half assed. Not that I use my ass to blow my nose........unless that would help it.......would it?

Anyway, I'll take some more allergy pills and be dopier than I usually am.....which is saying a lot!:nutso:

Comment

Welcome Uda and Keke, welcome back reteach. Hart so sorry - I thought you had those allergies beat! Oh, welcome to Dac too.

Comment

Working...
                              X