Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

friday ...the weekend is here.............................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

friday ...the weekend is here.............................

mornin all ...how are we today then?all good I hope?

poets day it is so early trap and home folks dont be working a full day!!sun is out here ...work is nearly finished on the back of the house,..no work for Julie monday tis a holiday here ...so we are going up to talk to a guy who does camper conversions ..see what he can come up for my car..been the garden since 6 this morning ..it looks pretty tidy now!!

anyway brew time it is so here we go everyone ..cups at the ready....

hiya pie ..hope all is well with you ...what is cilantro pesto?oh and reference ice cream...and the giving up of....there is more chance of me ironing rain!!glad you have found somewhere for your dad......and yes keep exercising those sober muscles!!jsut take one thing at a time ..even write it down and tick em off with updates completions dont be getting stressed ....remember the glass of water scenario?

"A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they'd be asked the "half empty or half full" question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: "How heavy is this glass of water?"

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes." She continued, "The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything."

It’s important to remember to let go of your stresses. As early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down. Don't carry them through the evening and into the night. Remember to put the glass down!"

Det hey ..well done on the pics of the wabbit!!!just looking at your pic and Sandy...yep you can def see they are related ...alertness speed,sleekness agility......

20160430_185751.jpg

hiya Lav....STOP!!! time for a brew ....then you can get back to being busy ....take it the weekend with monday holiday will be busy too!!

here you go ..the garden up to speed ..

20160527_091344.jpg

20160527_091212.jpg

20160527_091240.jpg

greenhouse..as it is this morning ..you can see the cabbages growing in tubs behind it and chard and cauli

20160527_091425.jpg

hiya pauly..how ar you houghti wlobv amkcfkti mtt kybros wokny too ...(translated that means ...thought I would make my keyboard wonky too!!hee hee..) hows you today then?you doing good?any plans for the long weekend?

hey Sam the man...that doc has come up brill ..what are you going to do with it now?if you frame it up for the wall...watch the sunlight mate...well I guess the party is over now..house immaculate ,smelling of polish ha ha!!have a great weekend..

right peeps goodly bye and have a great loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong weekend
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Staring down the barrel of a long weekend here too. LOVE the water glass parable! Thanks, Mick.

Cracked me up to read your comment about Sam's clean house in readiness for Mrs. Sam.

Going back now to view pics.

Comment

morning all
      thanks for the water break, Mick. A very good point. The "Mrs Sam" got back safe and sound. Didn't get lost once, a new record!
      what a lovely yard you have!! I got to get mowing mine, too many copperheads around this place and I like to know before I step on one.

Morning Pi, any cookouts for you this weekend? That seems to happen around here quite a bit.

Det, where's Elmer Fudd, those are definitely much larger eared rabbits than our variety around here. What sort of camera are you using? To answer your questions: document is 1818. I play guitar, banjo, fiddle and a sparse mandolin, and none of them at a professional level, more at a noodling level! But it is fun to play. It was one of the hardest habits to stop; drinking and playing, but now I find it as much fun and not as sloppy.

Pauly, what is the deal with your keyboard, typing on a phone? It really isn't hard to read, kinda fun! Just wondering... hope you have a good weekend.

Lav, the wife left your area and said folks were making hay in a furious way. Same here, getting it while they can.

Off to retrieve my independence I declare!

later
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,I'm not sure its the phone or the user haha,could be steam from the shower cuz I read while its heating up and put my phone on the sink? Or its lotion or food on my fingers haha,I'm being extra careful typing this morning, Brady is gonna fly back to Portland with Bobbi for a bit and I'm extremely sad but he's a grown up now,I guess,I can't deny him experiences because I don't want to be alone,I mean hubs is here but I don't hafta care for him,I'm an empty nester(exept Michelle, wish someone would take her to Portland Hahahaha) oh well,it will be ok,just scared of drinking out of sadness you know? Got an appointment for next Friday with the therapist,maybe talking some of this shit out with an unbiased person will help,anyhoo,glad Mrs.Sam made it home safe Mick,my garden sucks! Pie,nice pic Lav,how on earth did you learn to block out YB???? I'm having probs with negative peeps around me and I'mruminating on negative thoughts,Mick's post this morning was a brilliant analogy with the heavy cup,I've been listening to some religious CD's in my car on how to deal with letting go and letting God take some of my burden but damn I pick it right back up again! Grrr,I need a donut,much love to ALL,have a great AF Friday!!!!!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Aloha Friday ABerooooos!

Mick, I also totally love the water glass parable. So true indeed.

Pauly, have you tried any of the guided meditations? I love to listen to them on my phone with earbuds
          when laying down at night. I swear they help.

Sam, that's a bevvy of musical talent you have...very cool. Camera body is a Canon T3i but I put the majority of my money into lenses. In this case a 70-200 L F4 IS USM absolutely love the combo. Digital photography is just so damn fun.

well, having trouble waking up completely today so better throw on some more brew. Also something is off with my sense of smell/taste so I hope I'm not coming down with the black plague or something.

no Lav yet? she must be at curves setting a good example

otay, off for more brew

be well loves
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Yeah I do those too Det but not enough I think
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Just about midnight here after another super long day. Will explain more tomorrow.

Peace to all tonight!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I knew it...Lav is babysitter by day and a super crime-fighter by night. Her cape flowing in the wind....
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                X