Genuine July - 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genuine July - 2016

Yay, the first of July, another great summer month!

Dill, thanks for thinking of a new name for our thread this month. I know when I am busy it is hard to do more than a quick post. Hope you have a great time with your family, know you will.

Lav, you are surely busy babysitting, but I know how fun it is! I found a couple of new recipes for summer: Tex Mex Corn Salsa and and an Avocado Lime Cilantro salad that I want to try this weekend. My plans have changed, per my daughter's request: now I am spending the night on Saturday till Sunday and the cookout at her house to help out. She is going through a medical procedure and needs my help. Happy to do it.

Cyn, going off steroids is tough, hope you have a peaceful weekend. Doing anything special? I hope the weather is pleasant, I want to spend time outside. Yesterday was a perfect day and I was able to be outside during the day, so that was a huge bonus for me! Are you reading anything good right now? I just have a scholarly book, good but not riveting, and my book on essential oils. I bought some stuff, but have not had a chance to mix up any recipes. I also had a diffuser with the package, so looking forward to using that too.

Pauly, sounds like a crazy week for you at work, good for the sanctuary of home. Sometimes where I work, we will have a period of time with lots of bizarre incidents, too. Good to take a deep breath and know that this too will pass. I am at the point of view where I feel sorry for people who create unhappiness and drama. They must be miserable. Hope you are able to have a few days off in a row, it helps.

Have a great Friday!! AF!!!!

Happy Anniversary Lav, sorry I missed it. Great you had a good dinner out! :sohappy:

Comment

Morning all -

Star, thanks for the great beginning to July - Dill thanks for the name! Yes, I think that Genuine is definitely where we're headed, and I'm so grateful for that. The name this month is a terrific reminder.

Lav - I wonder if swissy is reacting to having YB at home full-time, and the change in the energy at the house? My dogs (and I) always go through a period of adjustment when Mr T comes home after a long absence. Who knows!? I hope your anniversary dinner was good - I was glad to see that you went out!

Dill - good luck with all the company and festivities. My Dad was a huge fireworks lover -- his family had a cabin on the river, and we would always go there. He loved to dig Roman Candles into the sand on the water's edge and shoot them out over the river. It was lots of fun then, but now I'm happy to just remember the times. Consumer fireworks are illegal here in CT, but each town does a bang-up job of displays. Seems safer to me! Hoping that you have lots of fun...

Star - how wonderful that you are close (in every way) to you daughter and you can help her out. She's a lucky girl! I still have the last 20 pages of Pride and Prejudice to finish! I just had NO time when we had guests or were getting ready for guests. And I picked up a new organizing/decluttering book to give me some fresh ideas for my July 9 presentation, so that's what I'm reading (a couple of paragraphs at night!) when I get the chance. Enjoy your summer time this weekend --

Pauly - I agree with Star, so sad when people are miserable that they decide to share!! I hope that you can stay in and stay cool and happy.

I got out on my new (bday present) paddleboard last night for the 2nd time. I'm in love with this simple way of being on the water - eventually I hope that it will be a Zen kind of experience (right now I'm still getting my balance settled!) What a lucky girl I am to have a lake close by. SD is coming on Sunday, so I have a couple of days to enjoy the 'holiday' feeling. Gotta run now and get ready for my phone consult with a client. Yippee! Business!!!

Wishing all a superb AF Friday --

Comment

Thanks for kicked us off for July Star and Dill Cyn,I think you've got a point on the dog acting off cuz of YB being home,maybe he irritates her too haha,when Brady and the kids left Winslow was so mopey I was afraid he was getting sick,after a few days he got used to them being gone and was back to his old self,so we never know what they're thinking, well sometimes haha rainy and dark here,kinda depressing but I wonder why? Should be a nice change of pace,I guess I'm just a sunshine girl,last night "The Outsiders" was on from the 80's man I watched that movie a gazillion times as a kid and had a crush on everyone in it,I can see why looking back,young Patrick Swayze,Rob Lowe,Matt Dillon,etc great looking men,well boys then,anyhoo ,what's up for today Lav? Hope we all have a fab Friday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good afternoon friends & happy July to everyone

We've had multiple severe weather watches issued but nothing has actually started yet.

Thanks for the startup Star!
          Those recipes sound summery fresh, nice.
          I hope everything goes well for your daughter & be sure to enjoy the weekend

Cyn, I wish I could blame Maxie's ailments on YB but I can't. She has been developing these problems slowly, over a period of time. At this point I am dealing with a dog that sleeps all day long then is awake all night, ugh. It's like dealing with a 100 lb newborn, ha ha!
          I am happy to hear you are getting out & about & enjoying the summer.
          Good luck with the business stuff too!

Pauly, I saw news reports this morning about the rain & flooding in Las Vegas. I hope you are OK & not dealing with big weather related problems.

Hello to Dill, the busy one!

I want to get some sewing/embroidery projects done this weekend. These are gifts I need for some folks. I can usually end up selling extras if I make them, Lol
          I have to wait for the storms to pass first so I don't get my computerized machines fried!!

Have a peaceful evening everyone!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning...

Up early today, feel like taking it easy, till I have to travel, about 3 today. Maybe I'll feel differently after my first cup of coffee,but yay, three days off!!!!!

Cyn, hope your work phone call went well, I love Pride and Prejudice, enjoy. Hope you have a great weekend, and can be outside enjoying the summer.

Lav, that would be hard with a big ole sick doggie. Hope things go well and you get help from the vet. Any plans for the 4th?

Pauly, hope it cools off out west, you could use some relief.

Dill, know you are enjoying your weekend with family.

Have a great AF Saturday.

Comment

Happy Saturday all -

Lav - gracious, that sounds like a tough one with Maxie - good luck!! Have fun with your embroidery - I hope it is sometimes relaxing. We had big deal storm warnings here, but all that showed up was a little rain, and not much of that. We are dry dry dry here... I wouldn't mind a few more showers.

Dill - hope you are having fun!

Pauly - wow, the monsoons have stared with a bang, huh? Good luck and stay safe. I'll have to look up The Outsiders - I guess I missed a lot of fun movies in the 80s and 90s - SD had 'Big' (Tom Hanks) on the TV during our little vacation, and I said 'what's that?'. She couldn't believe I'd never seen it!

Star - hope you have fun today with your daughter, and that you'll enjoy the rest of this summer day before you take off. I always think of you enjoying summer weather to the max!

I had hoped for a big rain yesterday, as I'd like to do some transplanting. We'll see if I get to that today; still some business to get done, but this is one spectacular July day, and I want to be 'present' with it, especially outdoors. Wishing everyone a lovely lovely AF Saturday.

Comment

Morning friends,Cyn I can't believe you'd never seen "Big" either that's a great movie,I guess I shouldn't say much cuz during the drink years I missed out on tons of movies and TV shows, except"Jersey Shore" somehow slipped in,I guess it was so dumb I could follow it drunk we really didn't get much of the rain from the other day on my side of town,it was dark though! Thunder and lightening, sleep was messed up by fireworks again last night,here we go for the whole weekend, hell Lav,Dill,and Star hope we all have a safe,sober Saturday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening friends!

I have been on the GO since dawn, ha ha, busy day. We had an early July 4th here today since everyone was available. Grilled tons of food, made salads & desserts, kids played in the kiddie pool, everyone happy Oh, and the weather was perfect too after yesterday's mini monsoon. Geez, it looked like a small tornado went thru here. Tons of rain, high winds, hail, the whole nine yards, phew!!

Hello to Star, Pauly, Cyn & Dill!
                  Cyn, I was so busy working & raising kids I totally missed the 80's & 90's - no kidding. The movies & most of the music even are a mystery to me, ha ha!

Have a peaceful night everyone!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning all -

Lav, you sound like one busy MiMom, gracious! I hope you get a little break today.

Pauly - sorry that your sleep isn't great -- one more night of fireworks, and maybe you can get caught up.

Dill and Star - I hope all is going well with your daughter visits!

Wonderful weather here - 62 this morning! We still need rain, but other than that it is perfect summer weather. I have actually spent a good amount of time sitting and looking at the birds (I put up a finch feeder) and feeling the cool air. What bliss.

Wishing all a great AF Sunday, and happy times.

Comment

Good morning Cyn & friends!

Apparently popping my big dog just one Benadryl tablet at bedtime allows all of us to have a decent night's sleep! Wonderful!!!
                      Nothing much on my day plan except to finish cleaning up after yesterday's festivities, yay!
                      Cyn, I love watching all the bird activity around here too. We have had a huge influx of humming birds this year, interesting

Hello to Star, Dill & Pauly. I hope everyone has a pleasant AF Sunday!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning...

Arrived back home after 7 last night, it is good to be home and just the two of us. It has done nothing but rain the entire weekend, I can't believe it, no festivities for the fourth here, but what can you do? No control of the weather.

Lav, sounds like a great cookout, great weather, hope the rest of your weekend is peaceful.

Cyn, sounds like perfect weather for you, enjoy. I am looking forward for the start, then completion of my back yard so I can enjoy being outside too! Different kind of summer me, but that is OK.

Pauly, any fun plans for the 4th? I heard some fireworks last night too, but not too many, probably because of the rain and I was soooo tired. Rest for me today, with a few chores. Hope your day is good.

Comment

Hello Friends, I'm finally getting back to my normal routine. The visit with my daughter was jam packed! We were blessed with perfect weather: sunshine, low humidity and low temps. The cousins were outside almost the entire time, running, laughing and playing. I'm sorry I was absent but I just couldn't manage it.

I have read back and it sounds like everyone is having a good holiday weekend. That's good!

It is supposed to rain here so I don't know if the fireworks displays will be cancelled. I hope not. We had our little fireworks celebration on Friday. Fireworks are illegal in Ohio, too, but yet they are allowed to sell them. They sell them with a wink and nod. You have to sign a paper saying you are buying them but you won't use them in state. You have to show your driver's license and there is even a sheriff deputy in the store to add weight to it. It's totally absurd. So much nonsense. I guess they decided they made too much in taxes off them to stop selling them. Anyway, out in the country we can set them off without too much worry. Nobody showed up to cuff us! LOL!

Glad you escaped the flooding, Pauly!
                          Lav, I know what you mean about missing most of the 80's and 90's. When Prince died recently I had to admit I didn't know one single song of his.
                          Star, isn't it wonderful to get back to the quiet?
                          Cyn, I have been enjoying the birds lately too. I sleep with a window open so this morning I simply stayed in bed listening to some blue jays for a while and feeling the cool air. Bliss!

Have a great 4th everyone!
                          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy 4th everybody, ugh hubs and Ihave made the mistake of sleeping in these past 2 days and I feel like a zombie, I can't get too much sleep or it makes me groggy Dill,glad you enjoyed your visit,I can't believe you didn't know Princes songs haha,although I'm kinda like that now I guess cuz when we watch shows like TMZ I dunno who most of the celebs are? These rappers and models,actors I'm just like who?and who cares haha,rain seemed to be in everyone's forecast the past week,I thought we'd get more but nope,gets kinda cloudy then dissipates,anyways hello Lav,Star and Cyn,hope everyone has a nice day

Comment

Hey all!

Happy 4th of July. SD came yesterday, and we had a little dinner out on the screen porch - such a nice chance to do that all together. We've really used that area this year - last year I cleaned it all up, but we never used it, so this I was determined!

Sounds like all festivities have gone well for all. We headed out to the lake early this morning for SD to try out my paddleboard. It's a small, lightweight one and hard to manage, so it was a bit of a trial for her and she ended up in the lake! But hopefully she'll try again. I'm able to manage it myself and had a little paddle around. It takes so much strength - after a few minutes my legs start to turn to jelly. But I'm getting stronger!

I wishing everyone a safe, happy, AF end to the holiday. Isn't it fabulous that we are AF and fully engaged in every moment?!!!! hallelujah! Take care all -

Comment

Working...
                              X