July 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 5th

Hiya peeps how are you all today then..all good I hope thank you to you all..all those over the pond....did you have a good time yesterday? Especially with no headache to wake up with today we are off to monte cassino and then on to pompei really looking forward to today. .big hugs to you all..and of course a brew

20160704_095520.jpg
    Last edited by Mick; July 4, 2016, 10:52 PM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    what view, Mick. That is post card material. Seems like you are having quite the adventure. Happy B-Day too!! The beginning of July is seems to have many celebrations for you!

Nice rainy day yesterday. Got to rest my weary bones and do some inside stuff. Couldn't use my new bush ax, no room to swing it! Thank goodness that's done... sure hope I get paid.... only really been stiffed a couple times in 25 years, and they were mostly by lawyers, so I guess that's not too bad a tract record.

Got the Soil hat on today, meetings then farm visit.
    Be well good friends
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...you're going to need a holiday when you get back from your holiday. LOL

Sam...we got clobbered with rain yesterday too. Hope it stays away for your farm visit today.

Same old at work....this is really getting frustrating. Using the not my circus, not my monkey phrase a lot. Have a Terrific Tuesday all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,Happy Birthday my Mick I agree you're gonna need a vacation after your vacation! Still awaiting a food pic btw,yesterday was exhausting,by the time it started to get dark Itold hubs to just hurry up and light the little fireworks we had,even Louie could give a rats arse less,the neighbors had big,brilliant fireworks as always but I didn't care,shoulda had a after dinner coffee but by the time I thought of it,it was way to late for caffeine,shoot,ddidn'tsleep anyways with all the noise,glad its over but it was fun,PPQ,hang in there Ilike your phrase Sam,glad you got to rest,off for 1/2 a cup of coffee more,much love to all,have a great Tuesday?
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Birthday, MICK!!!! :balloons: :flowers: Is this the BIG ONE? Hope you are having a great time over there being all touristy! Looks like the weather is really holding up for you! Hugs to Mrs Mick!
          Sam, what a mess, you couldn't use your ax because it was too thick?? Holy crap! Do you suit up from head to toe to avoid critters and poison oak and stuff? I bet it is suffocating in this heat. I should never complain about my job again!

Hey Pauly! Our fireworks went on until way after 10! I wanted to go outside and shake my fists at those whipper snappers! eheheheh.
          I have a 7 am flight, will have to get up at 2:45! If I go to bed right now I won't get enough sleep.....I'm going to be a ball of fire tomorrow.....
          Hugs to all, Byrdie

Edit to add, THIS IS THE BIG one for Mick!!!! WOOOOHOOO!
          Last edited by Byrdlady; July 5, 2016, 12:25 PM.
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Ahoy hoy ABerooooskies!

Mick, mega congrads for such a great milestone, very cool that you managed to combine it with an epic adventure.

Sam, soil hat? hmmm. that's one way to keep cool love the jungle pic. We moved into a house in Aus way up in the rain forest and it looked like that. We asked the guy... where is the house? and he said 'it's in there somewhere' LOL after a few days on the machete we found our house which had no windows in it so the overgrowth was inside the house just as much as outside since it had dirt floors. yes, I grew up under some pretty rugged conditions to be sure, but it wasn't boring.

Byrd, you'll sleep like a rock tonight!

I did an impromptu overnight camp with a buddy on the 3rd and the view of the stars from way up in the high desert was just hypnotizing.

came back to town and had some horse-trading to do at the local deli/cantina that I used to frequent a LOT in my drinking times. I sat down to visit the guys and didn't notice but the bartender came around from the side and plunked-down a draft beer right in front of me. Startled, I said 'oh so sorry but I'm not drinking' and he looked at me like I was from Mars. He actually gave me a hard time about it but in a playful way and refused to take it back.... ? I slid it over to one of the guys that was drinking beer and said it's your lucky day man. I'm so glad i found the situation easy to deal with and I know my previous mindset would have jumped on that as 'fate' that i should just cave into the situation and drink it. I guess I just can't ever know when a challenge will pop up, so eternal vigilance is key.

well, off to Thai kickboxing for a super sweat-a-thon

be well loves
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICK !!!!

Comment

:balloons::balloons: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICK :balloons::balloons:

Hope you had a blast!.....PPQP

Comment

HAPPY SIX OH MICK!!!!!!
                  I still say it's better than the alternative, right?

I love the blue water in that picture, looks perfect

Hi there Sam!
                  We had a ton of rain last evening & today it's been hot & humid as hell, LOL
                  I hope you had a decent day!

Hi there PQ, Pauly, satz, Det & anyone I've missed.
                  The grandsons went home after lunch today so no overnight guests for a change, yay!

Wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Birthday wishes Mick!

It's been wet here as well. The humidity is awful.

This whole wine in grocery stores thing has been quite the thing to experience from my end. The women are so over the top excited about it. And since women do most of the grocery shopping I can see why it was sooooo important to the wine companies to get it into the grocery store. I constantly get asked....."have you tried this?" Considering that we are carrying almost 300 different wines "no". Then I love how they have to describe their favorite wine to me....I am so glad I was not a wine drinker because honestly I have no idea what they are talking about. And don't get me started on how excited they are about our $2.99 wine.

In all the wine excitement I have not seen one emotional support animal. However, a supervisor and I got to talking about it and how ridiculous it is. However...our company wants to be all liberal and shit---so that stuff flies. I simply can't wait to bring in my miniature horse some day. And did I mention......these ESA's pee and poop IN the store and one of our employees has to clean it up! Apparently the dogs pee and shit for their owners

Off to read....I love this time at night when everyone else has gone to sleep. Me, book and a tea!

Comment

Working...
                    X