• Show
Clear All

fri 14th

Yet again France is sighing,
    as it mourns the loss of its dead and dying
    The tricolour at half mast,waves red white and blue,
    Another senseless killing,
    We pray for you

mornin all ..how are we today then?hopefully all well ...late post ,but Julies mum has been on the phone...nothing major, just a load of dream ology going on..so we are going down in a minute to see whats happening ..been in the garden since 6 this morning ...its looking pretty good ..trouble is the slugs think that too..computer is playing up again so think its time for a new one..because I am now 60 ..I get my pensions from the army and the prison service..also my lump sum from both ..prison service..good as gold paid it into my bank ...not so the army...no from your 6oth birthday hey then review it and give you the final figure..despite me knowing what it is because they sent it previously..so they are actually diddling me out of a month...which bugs me..when they decided to send me to different places and being dramatical here..put my life on the line ..I cant remember saying ..can I have a month to think about it..rant over..some of my pics are downloading so as they do Iwill put them up...oh no I hear you say!!so sit and ponder them with a brew......

St Peters Square..the popes house Vatican

20160703_095748.jpg

view from the top of the leaning tower of pisa

20160630_102516.jpg

smart eh?

20160703_110305.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

What's happening in that last pic, Mick?

Comment

Morning Mick and Pi and MAE ALL to come....

Rant away Mick...at least you got one of them paid out. Have you considered using Epsom salt on the slugs. It's great for the garden as well. Good luck with Julie's Mom. I too want to know about the last pic.

Pi...hope your day is good.

Downpour last night woke me up around midnight. Haven't heard it rain like that for quite some time. More coffee needed.
      Have a Fab Friday all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, PQ,I wish it would rain and clear the air, wind and dust everyday....I'm not joking, Pie,I think he's levetating? Mick? Can't tell for sure,I've been so tired lately, had blood drawn 2 WEEKS AGO still no results, I called yet again yesterday but nobody answered, I told hubs they kept my blood to try and clone me,he said it's hard enough dealing with the one! Hahaha dick! Irish oats this morning, supposed to be better than rolled but I'm gonna see if the store carries the Bob's Lav suggested, I still don't understand why they make instant, has the consistency of glue and the regular cooks just as fast anyways, mad cuz I smoked 5 cigs yesterday, going in the wrong direction, hi Sam,SF,Det hope we all have a great AF Friday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

After the nonstop, flooding rains we had earlier this year, we haven't had a drop in a month. Feast, or famine as they say. Never heard of using Epsom salts for slugs, PQ, but the idea appeals. Pauly, 2 weeks without results sounds like they lost it? I once had a lab call and ask me to return for another draw, after the first vial got dropped and broke. Maybe something like that happened.

Comment

Aloooha Friday ABeroos!

Mick, lovely pic's of the pope's humble abode no funnies?

A somber day indeed. the puzzle is that, even in a country where laws on weaponry are extremely restrictive the nujobs will always find a way to harm large numbers of innocents. There is no way to legislate evil intent so that leaves us in quite a spot. no answers here I'm afraid.

Sunflower, I gave the wine fridge away quite some time ago, and donated my two lovely huge wine racks to the local deli/trattoria.

Pauly, I do much the same with marinara sauce. I'll get a simple, hopefully natural tomato sauce and jazz it up with garlic, onions, splash of balsamic vinegar, freshly ground pepper and pinch of thyme. One secret to accelerate the 'cooked all day' flavors is to put the sauce in a large diameter pan under the broiler until it gets a little toasty on top, then stir and repeat several times. It works amazingly well.

Lav, are you kiddo-free for a day?

shouts to Byrd, Sam, PPQ, Pie and all to come

be well
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Afternoon all
              Here being soiled with boredom and thought check in
              Using my phone to connect and my typing is setting a new worlds record for revese speeds

Very sad to read about the on going crazies that seem to permeating the planet. Fear makes reactions and reactions make fear. It is a vicious cycle. How to break it? Just being kind to one another on one on one terms is all I can do.

Sam
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good afternoon Abbers,

Yep, I am kid free today except for YB.
                He took it upon himself to buy a bushel of green beans from our Amish friend while I was at Curves this morning. Now he's spending the afternoon blanching them for freezing and he's doing all that outside in this awful heat. Better him than me, ha ha!

Mick, borrow a few chickens from someone - they love slugs
                I hope the parental drama is not too severe. Our pensions are keeping us going these days too. That guy in the last pic - is he a friend of yours??

Hi there Pie, PQ, Pauly & Det!
                PQ, you can send the rain here providec it brings some cooler weather along. This heat is getting yo me.

I understand there was a father & young son from Texas killed in Nice last evening along with so many others. Another senseless & tragic event & they are happening so frequently these days. What can we do?

Peace to all today!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I'm afraid that we're gonna hafta start getting aggressive in dealing with these attacks, I want peace but those idiots don't know what that concept is on another note I spent $65 at the 99 cent store dunno how I manage to outdo myself ugh,hubs' job change sucks for me,he didn't get home until 7 last night and just told me he has to work tomorrow, I'm gonna hafta get used to my own company more I guess,this blows bah humbug!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

last pic...saw a few of these...and thought pretty impressive....that is until you see how its done...so here you go

YouTube

Lav ..beans been blanched?...Say that 5 times!! pie ta for the epsom salts idea...will give it a try...
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Ha ha Mick - I forgot, I've seen that YouTube video before
                      Yes, we now have 10 one pound packages of green beans in the freezer & I didn't help, Lol

Pauly, give yourself a little time to adjust to a new schedule. It doesn't have to be that bad. Use your alone time in a way that is good for you.
                      With all the years we both worked shift work we were almost never home at the same time. I did a lot of gardening, sewing, stuff I liked to do.

Peace to all tonight!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                      X