Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

its friday.......................................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its friday.......................................

mornin all..and welcome to the fearless friday fred....the start to a superbly scintillating saturday and sunday sober session.................................
    anyway how are yizall?goodly I hope...the rain is making an appearance here again today...the rabbits have got their rain shelter up ....had a bit of a long blurb on the army thread this morning

20160728_091942.jpg

that pic was taken yesterday ..pre rain...note the tunnel into the greenbox too..gives them another hidey hole

anyways I digress.....onwards with the brew we shall go....

mornin Sam...yep there are such things as parallel parking cars...so you havent found your windowed transit yet??? get one of these instead..the car that is not the geeky overfawning salesman!!

YouTube

hiya pie..... started painting security bars. eek where do you live ?in a jail?yes you are right about celebrating the milestones..though really in a way it should be the other way round we should be celebrating the in betweenies..for without them there would be no milestones..so lets hear it for the inbetweenies yeeeeehah...its ok Im mad....Ive got a list of just jobs ,which gather additions as they move along...doesnt include painting my cell tho......have a great day... oh yeh how do you tell a snowman from a woman?snowballs...

hiya pauly ...hows you ?been reading your posts over on the army ..good stuff ..nope meant 43 degs..which in real money is somewhere around 115 degreez..love your parking idea..keep going till someone leaves!!you have a good day ..you doing anything weekend?

hiya lav..brew time....so hows you today the? all good?yes computers are a main integral part of life nowadays...not like when we were kids...it was an abacus....only kiddin!any storms gone thru your way yet?

hiya tt..hows you today then...should be around friday night rollin into the weekend for you now I guess..is it still as cold..?my nephew now lives in Australia...he whats aped yesterday..he hasnt been there that long...moaning ..its only 13 degrees not impressed with the temp work anything,also missing his mates..but he ha been told to hang on for the summer is ace...his best friend lives in NZ...Ive a funny feeling thats his next move...got to admit I quit like you ..the biggie ,endex witchita,whatever ..there were no maybe one day...odats or anything....think maybe that made a bit harder than it could have been..I also wrote crap for hours and hours when the drinking monster tried to have a go..till in the end it wa a case of Im sick of writing crap,so in order to stop ..I need to conquer the drink thotz..there were no other choices..thats the one I gave myself..no stop for a brew ,watch telly or anything..

ppqp...wow ..impressed flyby,running getting organised ..all action words within the first 11!:congratulatory:
    did you get your free windows?personally Im lookin for a door..have you anything sorted for the weekend?or as it comes?whatever you do have a good one.

hiya nora c hows you today then?all good?still buzzin because you have done so good..yeeeeees!!how are things otherwise?still much the same this end ...have a great day you deserve it.

right good people tis time to draw a close...I would draw one but I dont know what they look like!!have a great weekend.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mick except its evening here and I am about to have my late night DVD fix.
    Your nephew is being a bit daft - 13 degrees in Oz - but its bloody winter - what does he expect? Goodness, when I was in Oxford less than a month ago it was 12 degrees and supposed to be summer.
    anyway you certainly are eloquent today - are you a morning person perchance? I am, I have lots of energy in the morning and then it seems to drain away during the day. I have to watch that with my moods too. I had a day of lots of talk talk talk and now its nice to have some quiet.
    Hope everyone else has a cracker of a Friday - we dont need AL to achieve this.

Comment

hiya tt...yes command of the English language is at its best mainly at sparrows fart...as the day progresses my command of grammatical and punctuational rules and guidelines egress,and both my written and oratory skills tend to get moved out of the brains top drawer..moods are of a similar ilk!as for James..(nephew)he has travelled quite a bit out there Asia etc...personally I think he is chasing rainbows end as opposed to fashioning his own!
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Thank you for our Fearless Friday Fred, Mick. Yes, the doors and windows of my condo all have the security bars that were here when I bought the place. The area I live in might be up and coming now, but it was badly stricken back in the 80's by devastating flooding after Hurricane Alicia, followed by a cataclysmic housing bust. It became ugly and crime-ridden. One church/school built a two-story berm around their entire 60 acre tract to protect students from flying bullets! Only now are some of the worst properties being demolished.

There are no longer any vacant/foreclosed units in my complex, though some 40% are rental properties, as opposed to owner occupied. It's been beautifully maintained, in fact there's a crew power washing my building as I type, (dogs have run for cover!). Anyway, security bars aren't particularly attractive, but I appreciate having them, and want to spruce them up with a fresh coat of paint.

Pauly, the afternoon sun here as been so strong, I've taken to covering my patio plants with white shower curtains to give them some shade against the cooking rays!

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick an abacus haha! Read your post in the Army was great,I love them cuz there's certain times in the afternoon when my mind starts going haywire and luckily it's their evening/night so I'm able to have someone to chat with, just what MWO is about, having someone around for support Pie,my cuke plants are burnt around the edges poor things,I should shade them too,TT,I'm a morning person too,always have been, I think raising small kids kinda set me up for it and now I'm just used to it,been feeling kinda dizzy,wonder why, maybe barometric pressure messin with my ears who knows, much love to all,hope we all have a great Friday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Aloooha Friday ABerooos!

Mick, lovely bunny bungalow and great start to a sobericious weekend.

Had a rough night for sure last night. Friend of Dx with history of depression/substance abuse almost succeeded in killing himself in locked garage with car exhaust. He finally regained consciousness and can talk which is a good sign, although not being relatives we can't visit him yet. So much torment and stress with these things. Dreadful. sorry to be a downer, just feeling down.

Pauly and Pie, how hot is it down there? we clocked 105f here yesterday. I about had a heatstroke at the kickboxing gym which is NOT air conditioned. yeee har! then cleaning out the last of my storage unit in the direct sun, but at least I'm outta there so that will save 166.00 per month.

Treetops, enjoy some cool weather for us.

Pie, did you ask about the tri-tip roast? I never do it twice, but this time I blasted it over a tray of applewood chips on the BBQ for an hour, then wrapped in foil and dumped in bout 1/4 cup of soy sauce, white vinegar and pineapple juice, salt and pepper and cooked in the oven covered on 200f for 5 hours. amazing! and simple to boot.

Lav and Sam, you managing the tropical climes ok? I can't imagine being a roofer, road-worker or firefighter in this heat.

Got a potential photo gig next week shooting my first wedding. nervous but excited

Also applied for a job at Tesla so we'll see what happens. you'd think i'd know what I want to be when I grow up but still scratching my head.

back laterish

be well everyone!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Pauly, a lot of thing can cause dizziness from dehydration to ear infections. keep an eye (or ear) on it for sure!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Definitely not dehydrated Det,that'll be fun shooting a wedding very sad about DX's friend I just don't understand suicide, I can't even imagine, hope he gets the help he needs,nobody deserves to feel like that

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

And I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up either

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

8:30 pm & my grandson is STILL here but his mother is here now as well. I can now relax & do what I want to do (although my energy is mostly gone, ha ha).

Still hot & humid here Mick, yuck. We had storms last night with another inch of rain so everything is soggy.
                    Your bunnies are spoiled, I'm starting to get jealous, LOL
                    Hope your dental stuff is under control. I have an appointment August 2 but it shouldn't be a big deal.

Hello TT, hope you are enjoying your cooler temps

Pie, would you ever consider relocating? Not sure how I would feel living somewhere & possibly feeling scared. Besides, the heat there would kill me quickly, ha ha!! Have fun with your projects & painting

Det, my DIL has done wedding photos for a few people - one of her many talents. Have fun with it, you'll be the sober guy at the wedding.
                    Sorry about your friend's situation, very sad. I am still mad about my brother-in-law succeeding in his suicide quest.

Pauly, maybe the heat is getting to you too! I never feel fantastic during the summer.

Wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey Det, thank you for the tri-tip instuctions! I may wait a few months before using my oven for 5 hours, but your method does sound easy.

Lav, I'm really not scared here, and have many fine neighbors. From time to time, a rambunctious tenant will move into the complex, but for the most part it's pretty quiet. It would give me pause to go out at night on a booze run though, which is obviously a good thing.

Comment

Lost post....too tired to even remotely recreate

Comment

Hello all. Det, are you nuts doing all that in the heat? I once got dehydrated in Texas and my body was shutting down slowly. Despite the 100+ in Texas they still have the "hotter than hell bicycle race"

I think we climbed up to 80 yesterday, but there was a cool breeze coming off the ocean, so it was pleasant. I sit with my dog in the afternoon in the shade of a fir tree because my dog had an eye operation and is sun sensitive in that eye.

I just heard today that there is a drug operation here in my apt. complex, shudder. The police and canine were here for 4 hours with canine and my neighbor is involved. Glad I'll be able to move soon, now that my house has sold.
                          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                          X