Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday August 6 ~ Daily AF

Good morning Abbers!

I haven't started this thread in ages, where is Mick & the early birds??

Coffee is ready so help yourselves.
    I'll be back later. Have a great AF day one & all

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Thanks for starting us off and for the brew Lav.
    Going to get some harvesting and weeding done in the garden before the predicted thunderstorm rolls in.
    Will check back later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya Lav....hows you then?yep Ive been up since daft o clock this morning,..redid the stonework round the fountain..waiting for the window guy to come,he landed about 8,then another builder ..gable end of the house needs re-pointing ,so that has to be scaffolded up starting monday..its a bridge scaffold from the front to the back going over the garage and conservatory..£300 for the hire of that alone!then went into Manchester ...3 car pile up ..on the outside lane so everything was held up..and also to be totally honest ,I havent really got that much to say today at all..out detecting tomorrow..515 am start
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Happy Sattidy, all.
        Sorry about all the home repairs, Mick. Thats hard money to pay out.
        Lav, hope you and the chickens are staying cool. Lazy day here, justcthe way I like it. The weeks are so stressful and busy, I love putzing around the house and doing nothing that requires thought. Hope everyone has a great day! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Mick...hope you're doing ok, you sound a little down. Mind you with the morning you've had and thoughts of doling out that kind of money even before any work gets done I don't blame you. Good luck with the weather for tomorrow's detecting.

Birdie...nothing that requires thought is definitely on my agenda today too. LOL

Pauly...thinking of you. Check in.

Lettuce, carrots, beets and zucchini on the menu for sometime today. Have a Super Saturday all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Thanks, Lav! Up at 4:30 to run out for pet care, then back to paint all the new trim and door before the sun got too hot. Busy watching paint dry, I guess you could say.

Hi Mick, and Byrdie! PQ, are those veggies from your garden? And how do you prepare the beets?

Pauly, I couldn't sit at home all day feeling anxious either. Too uncomfortable, and it would lead me to consider how drinking could take the edge off. I'd have to go someplace in order to stay safe. Window shopping, or a movie (any movie!), come to mind. Just sharing.

Got a call from Dad's caretaker earlier. She wants to talk with me about something tomorrow. :egad:

Comment

I didn't do too much today & certainly nothing that required thinking, ha ha!
              We even ran out for a bite to eat, why cook if you don't absolutely have to, right?

Waiting for our thunderstorms to start PQ. Seems to be a common theme lately!!
              Hope you enjoyed the veggies. I have eaten beets all of my life, love them. For the past few years I have been roasting them in the oven, wrapped in foil with a little olive oil on them, delicious

Mick, home onwership ~ money pit, right? It's always something. Good luck on your Sunday outing!!!

Byrdie, at least one of my new chickens has started crowing, haha! He doesn't know it yet be he will be taking a ride over to the Amish farm at some point. NO BOYS ALLOWED! Ha ha!!

Pie, you could combine your paint drying watching with some nice meditation music
              & enjoy your time

Peace to everyone tonight!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Ahoy ABeroooos!

Lav, thanks for rolling us out for duty on this fine morn.

Mick, holy smokes batman! not a relaxing Sat at all. Happy 'tecting.

Pauly, thinking of you friend... do check in. I've found my anxiety to be much lessened with the baclofen. Dunno what else to recommend as I'm sure you know the drill. Alcoholism just totally sucks and so long as you never throw in the towel you better know you CAN do this xxxx

Had a marvy morning shooting with a couple sober friends. Sunny and not too hot for once and very mild winds which is rare down here. Crazy winds are the norm on any given day.

PPQ, a check list for housework? hahahhaa, that's awesome and you know me too well. Got dishes done, mopped the kitchen floor, more to do.....

Pie, you've been mighty busy too I see.

well, that's a wrap for now.

be well loves
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                X