sunday 7th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday 7th

morning everyone,tis 4am,getting ready to go out detecting,its windy and rain forecast this part of the country but not south where we are going...brew on the go,so dig in ..hope all well....have a great day
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mick - hellz, I was about to start the Daily Abs thread and you beat me! So here is what I started to write...

Hi there folks thought I better post even if its a bit ho-hum. Might as well get Sunday on the road since Mick will be up at squirrels-fart on his Sunday for his detecting. You dont sound too great Mick - and the expense is a bummer. If its any consolation I had a bill yesterday for the leak on our roof-about the same as your scaffolding cost. And the leak isn't really fixed because they cant find out what's causing it.
    Pauly -sorry you drank and about the anxiety. Many many times I have posted on MWO in the past and there is no-one around - or at least there won't be for about 12 hours - because of the time difference. And I am often loathe to post when I am down because I can see that although folk here want to help, they cant really solve many of our specific problems. Then I feel bad about the situation that puts them in. Where we can help best is to offer support about drinking and not drinking - that is what we know about. I can't spill the beans on the major issues in my life at the moment. There are matters that are outside my control and I won't have any resolution about these matters for months. In the meantime I can't ignore these matters either because I have to make sure I have as much input as possible into what is around me.
    Other folk sound busy - but you deserve some time off cooking Lav. I have a love-hate relationship with cooking - usually I dont mind and even enjoy it but there are times when I just cant think of what to cook. Like today……
    we live too far away from takeaways to justify these either. My daughter is finishing off a university assignment too so I can't ask her to cook. And as you probably all know Mr GB's cooking is inedible.
    Anyway have a good day and zip along into it…..

Comment

Morning all, and thanks for your start up posts, Mick and TT! Anyone up for some fun today? I got us a group pass for the uphill water coaster.

Look, there go Sam and Det now! Mick, come on by when your detecting is done.

Is that Lav, trying to keep her toes dry?

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for the kickstart and I hope your detecting is fruitful today.

TT...I just have a hate relationship with cooking. If I ever win the big one I'm hiring a personal chef. Good luck with keeping on top of work issues.

Pi...count me in, I could use some fun. Uphill water coaster looks fab.

All these thunderstorms are making my watering duties a breeze. Chore day today for me. Have a Super Sunday all and all to come.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

I just wanted to throw something out there, I know that I keep MWO open all day, and I know many others do, too. I also get email notifications when there are posts, I know many others do, also. So really, there ARE people around if you post that you need help. I have seen it many times that when someone posts he/she is in trouble, people come out of the woodwork to help. Not only that, but just the act of writing it out BEFORE taking that drink helps as well. Have made a pact with several people here to contact them BEFORE drinking and to POST before it happens. That helps me stay accountable.
          If I can help anyone, Im as close as the phone. Hugs to all, Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thanks for your support Birdie....good to know you keep MWO open all day.

Comment

:checkin: Yep, PPQ. Kind of like The Waffle House....we never close. BAh!
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Did as little as possible today BUT still ended up cooking for humans & for dogs too, ha ha!

Mick, I hope your day was productive & not too damp!

TT, once I decide what I will be cooking I am pretty much OK. It's the damn decision making that gets on my nerves, ha ha. I am trying to ingest fewer animal products for health reasons & YB eats everything that's not nailed down around here. He doesn't do any cooking either.

Pie, I haven't been on any sort of water slide/ride for years - looks like fun
                I caught a few minutes on TV today of championship dogs doing water sports - crazy!!

PQ, we never did get yesterday's thunderstorms.....wonder where they made a wrong turn!
                I have petunias growing in window boxes on the chicken house than need daily watering. They looked sad this morning but I fixed them

Byrdie, keeping MWO open is no easy chore - thank you!!

Pauly, please check in, we are here.

Det, glad you are enjoying yourself in healthy ways!!

Hello to Sam, SF & anyone else checking in tonight.
                Peace to all.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                X