the thirsdi fred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the thirsdi fred

hiya folks...this is jist a quickie the noo...Julie off work,Amy on her way pouring with rain,and the rabbits think its great out there..so will jump in later on....pie yep it isnt really a diy job..I was up on the scaffolding last night taking pics and checking a wall vent..that is till Julie saw me...reason it has to be done is the cement between the bricks gets perished over time (44 years)due to weather especially here wind rain snow ..oh and sometimes theres a round yellow thingy!!:thumbsup:
    as for the roses..they smell lovely ..and look the part too...
    hiya Nora ..re the birthday thing...snap ..been thru that one yesterday!and a few bits more...Pauly keep yer chin up ..
    ok folks brew time and then its bugger off.com pour moi so have a good day peeps
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for starting us off and the brew. This project could take forever with all the rain you're getting. Stay off the scaffolding!

Better sleep last night, will see what the day brings.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya peeps ..tis me back......wow what a day ..Amy now here,rabbits been cleaned out.....so sitting on me bum for a bit..no rain,but its pretty windy just now and methinks it isnt too far away..had a couple of interesting reads and comments to posts on other fredz..some good stuff going on about there..both rabbits have decided that they dont want to go in,and are playing in the garage!
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Happy Thursday ABerooos!

Mick, industrious as ever I see. Hope you get a wee break now and again. (dentist doesn't count).

Pauly, ditto the loving words already spoken by the others here. I have exactly those same fears and feelings every time I've blown it and all I can say is that I'm so very glad you and I haven't cashed-in and given up. I'd rather look back to see I've been 98% good then to say 'screw it' and just live drunk again. Of course the goal is 100% and just perhaps this is 'the one' that sticks for good.

Taught martial arts in the park today and I'm up to 4 students who are crazy enough to learn it was really darn hot and I got a little light headed so I'm staying in the AC now til it cools down.

managed to stave-off icecream cravings but it was close! Got some apples instead for dessert tonight.

shouts and hugs to Lav, Pie, Sam, Norac, TTops, SunFlower, PPQ (yes, dishes done!) ABCowboy and anyone I've missed

be well
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Sam, as our resident musician this one's for you:

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of life. As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper's cemetery in the Nova Scotia back country. As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost and, being a typical man, I didn't stop for directions.

I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight. There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch. I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late.

I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn't know what else to do, so I started to play.

The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I played like I've never played before for this homeless man. And as I played "Amazing Grace", the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together. When I finished, I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. Though my head was hung low, my heart was full.

As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, "I never seen anything like that before, and I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty years."

Apparently, I'm still lost....it's a man thing.
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det...good to hear the dishes were done, I'm still working on mine.
            Yup, definitely a man thing. :rotlf:

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Goodness Mick, I hope you have some sort of harness to keep you from being blown off that scaffolding! We would miss you
              Be careful & good luck with your project.

I just started today in a nice job that will keep me busy thru Monday & make me some $$
              It's way too hot & humid to be outside doing anything so I'm happy staying in my nice cool workshop. YB is trying to work on the greenhouse but the excessive heat is a real problem.

Det, great story, ha ha!!
              My SIL sometimes teaches Krav Maga but it's in an comfortable studio

Hey there PQ! Better sleep rocks

Hello to Pauly, Sam, Pie, SF & all the missing.
              Have a peaceful night everyone!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Pauly I did give you a better response on Tuesday...it just ended up on Monday's thread.

Boss lady is still holding up the move and its pissing me off.

I went to my AA meeting last night. One gal was going on and on about how she won't drink anything that resembles alcohol. She was drinking one of those Kombucha drinks.....which nobody's knows they are actually 2 percent alcohol. We had to take some off the shelf recently because they were 3.5 percent alcohol....same as my Miller Lite. Here she thinks she is drinking a health drink! I didn't say anything, I just didn't know what to say.

Home from a Zumba class (more fun than I thought) and a weight lifting class.

I've got get better sleep tonight...sucks when quantity doesn't always equal quality.

Comment

Working...
                X