the friday phew...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the friday phew...

mornin alll ...how are we today then?all good I hope....norra lot on here yesterday,but I guess here wasnt a lot hapnin...Amy is here for the weekend,she has been on a diet..lost over 2 stone...how does a midwife put on 2 stone?anyways her and Julie are off on a shopping trip today...she is going to get a pair of Levis......my how dont fashions change..I ve managed to escape that little jaunt........so how are we doing ...anything for the weekend? old barber joke!
    ok brew time it is...

hiya det...heard that joke before but it always makes me laff..can you play the pipes or is that part of the story ...secondly I had to re read your goings on in the park...first take said I was in the park practicing marital arts...first thoughts...wtf is he up to?...until I re -read it!hows the job front doing?re apples and ice cream ...But as you bite deep into an apple, reaching its core, you are confronted with something not so sweet: tiny black seeds. Unlike the sweet tang of the fruit, the tiny black seeds found in an appleā€™s core are another story. They contain amygdalin, a substance that releases cyanide when it comes into contact with human digestive enzymes...ice cream just turns you into a barrel...

hiya pee pee kew pee ..hows you today then?glad you got a better sleep ...same last night?you doing anything this weekend?no rain here today..thankfully..

hiya Lav....hows you today then?all good brew time......nice touch on the job thats gonna make you dollars ..its not forgery is it?...as for the harness ..its not me thats doing the grinding out and pointing...its the same guy that did the back..what im doing ,is changing the wall vent up there from the shower,cleaning and resiliconing the soffit boards..and re change the emergency battery in the boiglar alarm..I havent really got the patience to do that..if you look at the brickwork you can see how the cement has perished between the bricks..anyway Im sure youre interested in that..about as much as puttin a greenhouse up!

hiya SF... hows you today then?aching?so how do zumba and weightlifting work together?take it you use the weights for cardio..lighter rapid lifting?as opposed to muscle definition/size?no word on when you can move ...not even a gentle reminder to the woman in charge?

hiya pie,pauly,sam,sk,nora c,treetops and anyone I have missed ...apologies!

have a great weekend..

20160810_163118.jpg

20160810_163322.jpg

20160810_163204.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mick but tis evening here. I'm going to blob soon. Its been such a busy week and I dont even want to start on the ghastly stuff - because I cant do much and I am so so sick of it. Thats quite a weight loss that Amy had. Lets face it you clearly dont understand the clothes thing or the mother and daughter clothes thing. I don't do that often but when I do, I love it. Did I tell you that we recently visited the Doc Martens store in Oxford street and I walked out quite a few pounds lighter too (sterling that is). Not Docs for me but for the girl. Anyway it sounds like Julie is on the mend if she can go shopping.
    Glad you are getting better sleep PQ. My sleep is permanently buggered and I see this as a separate issue from drinking - except in that, for years I used AL as an excuse to drink - yeah well it does eventually have a soporific effect or you pass out - but of course you wake up a few hours later and I betcha we all know what that feels like. So at least now when I am lying there awake I dont have the post AL regrets, the bodily pains and the anxiety about drinking. Plenty of other things to fret about in the wee small hours!!
    SF - I could really do with some quantity sleep (as well as quality).
    Pauly and Det - we arent giving up on you and there is no point in beating yourself about that either.
    Hi there to everyone else - Lav, Pie, Sam - and others - I have to dash. Daughter is suddenly not well and needs me.
    Last edited by treetops; August 12, 2016, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Hey All, The murder trial has ended with a guilty verdict and a life sentence. The experience was magnificently interesting and disturbing. I've never before seen crime scene and autopsy photos. Going to take a while to shake those images out of my head.

Det, it seems there are employment opportunities for photographers in this arena. Who knew?

Comment

morning all
        tried to upload a video I shot of a blacksnake slithering out of the henhouse with an egg inside it but couldn't. thought of whacking it but gave it a governor's pardon for the day anyway. Kinda had a feeling that was happening. Trouble is they are good mousers as well and non-poisonous to boot. You have these things lurking about, Lav?

Det, just read your post from yesterday, got to send it out amongst my family friends. pretty dang funny.

I've have been feeling a little overwhelmed lately. Finally got out to play some tunes Wednesday night, which is always a good thing.

well, gotta run. hope everyone is doing well.
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, not much going on in my world right now just dealing with hubs and his job change that I told him not to make but he did and I think he doesn't want to admit that I was right!oh well it's his thing anyways,on Thursday one of my regular customers came in and we got to talking about his life and he told me he was a banjo player on Hee Haw for ten years I think that's pretty cool cuz that was my show when I was.a little girl, he's got beautiful classic convertables that he pulls up in,this time was a light buttery yellow thunderbird, it was just cool to hear about, sheesh I've been cutting his hair for years and I never knew, he said he hated Buck Owens, I guess they all did cuz he was really arrogant but when on stage they all got along like a happy family, day off today thank goodness, yesterday just about killed me! Lots of regulars,lots of walk ins and a crazy little old man with thick eyeglasses anda fedora who was just too much! My coworker congratulated me on getting through it haha,so today I'm not doing or going anywhere except the couch,much love to all
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good afternoon Abbers,

Reporting in from the coolness of my workshop, nice
            The heatwave is disgusting & apparently not going anywhere. Today it feels like 104 degrees due to high humidty & temperature level, ugh!

Mick, I just realized you could (if you wanted to) spy on your neighbors while up on that scaffolding, ha ha!!!!! I hope your girls enjoy their shopping trip.

Sam, YES we have those humongous black snakes up here. I had to get my BIL to remove one from the chicken house years ago when YB couldn't be bothered to be here
            I found the darn thing coiled up, like a damn cobra sitting square in the middle of my baby chicks. Scared the crap out of me.

TT, I still do not sleep as well as I would like to but at least we know there's no substance causing the problem. Even ehen I do sleep it's a pretty light sleep, oh well. I hope your daughter is OK.

Pie, glad you survived the trial.
            I have to tell you that I have seen a fair amount of crime scene photos. YB was a police detective, he took some gruesome shots. They used to use film & had a certain photo lab do all the processing. I always felt sorry for the guy who handled all that. It was better when they went digital.

Pauly, do something nice for yourself today

Hello to the rest of the crew. Have a terrific AF Friday!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi all, hugs to Pauly and Sam for being overwhelmed.

Mick, what's wrong with Julie? I must have missed it. Mother and daughter shopping is a must, it's so much easier to ask your mom "does this make my butt look big?

Lav, that would have scared the crap out of me.

Pie, glad that's over. A bit unsettling for sure.

Anybody feel like Friday comes around sooner all the time?

Hi TT, I thought you were in Oz, but you were shopping on Oxford Street? Maybe there's an Oxford Street near you there?
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Quick revelation, my dog has been scooting constantly and I've taken her for flea treatment and anal glands. Put her in a shallow bath of chamomile tea and baking soda and then when I scrubbed her little butt a Piece of wood fell out. I then soaked it with witch hazel and she fell asleep. I hope this was what was wrong.
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Good to see so many posting today. It was a long frustrating day and just after I got home the bride, who is decorating for her wedding tomorrow, called with a list of things that wasn't done. So back to the centre to make things right. I am really po'd at the boss right now. Going to find something to eat and check out for the night. Will catch up with you all tomorrow....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                  X