the toosdi team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the toosdi team

good morning people from the other side of the world..how are we today thenI was reading back on my post yesterday..I never use spell check,but to see the number of words mis-spelt amazed moi..so did a little test earlier,and yep the keyboard on the lappy isnt so touch sensitive..some of the keys virtually need hammered!
    all the reason to get a new puter..the only reason against it is the dreaded windows 10

gable end has been ground out now so the real dusty work has finished ...case now of re-cementing it all up

brew time here...all in?

morning SK....so pleased for you re those test results!:welldone:hope all is well....

hiya pie...seed ticks...didnt know what they were..goggled them...and started scratting!..hope you got them all....do you think they are in the house too?fingers xd not...

hiya ppqp...howw are you today then/still got a cba head on today?hows the toofache?as soon as I saw that Anbesol..I had to laugh..remember having a mouth ulcer once and went to get some of that...so I was in the chemist...had forgotten my glasses or didnt think I needed them..bought some meds..started with A ,ended with sol..middle bit different..Anusol!!a cream for asshole ..so you could argue that it went to the right place anyway!!:happy2: yep detector is pretty good..but like anything computer based when it goes wrong it sure does.. here is the saxon cruciform pendant I found now that it is in the process of cleaning...

20160815_083803.jpg

hiya sam hows things today then?all good ?what was the weather like yesterday?here was the temp in my car it actually hit 36 but took a pic at this..

20160815_161518.jpg

have a good one mate..

hiya Lav ..how are you today then?did you get the cooler weather yet?have the greenhouse gang started again?I couldnt find Jeeves yesterday..looked everywhere..what he had done is pulled the board down that is clamped into the doorway of the greenhouse,to a respectable gap and sneaked in ...he was hiding in the back..the only thing that gave him away ..was Sandy was outside watching him..hope your day is good ..start it with a brew..

hiya SF...how are you today then?all good ?how come hubbys surgery taking so long ?waiting list?as for the stuff I find...I have never sold anything,nor is the intent Ive got it all laid out in cabinets,and coins in folders,..I would have all things were equal give them to museums etc,for people to see,but in most cases that never happens..they go into basements/cellars to just lie there..I have a friend who found some gold rings ..he gave them to a museum.....and 5 years later they went on ebay..the museum decided they were having a "clear out"kind of thing..!

Interesting one today...my friend gave us a home made bottle of blackcurrant wine...so I gave it to Julie..she opened it and tasted it..said it was really nice..and for a second I thought I would have a taste,...not because it was alcohol,or I wanted /needed a drink ,but simply because it was home made blackcurrant..it was just a flip thought before the brain shut it down..it wouldnt have happened,but it just shows how innocently it can happen ....

hiya pauly..

be well folks and have a good day ..
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    thanks for the brew, Mick. Believe you're right about your findings ending up in a basement or perhaps someone else's home. My Grandpa loaned the VMI museum my great great grandpa's epaulets, civil war era. When my dad tried to reclaim them, gone! no trace, so they are either in someone's home or sitting in a box. Is the cross your latest find?

yes, the magic world of just try a taste or only one is really a latent feature of the big AL. For me, it has been every once in awhile, thinking of a cold cold beer on these hot days. BUT I know the drill, ain't no such thang as one. And once I really remember, I know the reality of what'll happen. Last time took me 5 years to stop. My 5 year allotments are running out so I've got to treat time as a precious thing, something not to waste. Besides, I have found life really good without being buzzed all the time.

nuff preachin.

Off to the mines
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick and Sam you brought up points about drinking for the taste,sure Blackberry anything sounds great but I'd gag on the al taste and a cold beer? Bleh I'd drink beer left in my hot car as long as it was full,I dunno if cuz I always drank for emotional distress and wanting to escape from everything that makes it harder for me to quit for good? Or is that simply an excuse? Just got me thinking that I think there's all kinds of reasons for alcoholism maybe, Mick,were those baby bunnies in the pic yesterday? Sometimes my phone won't enlarge pics,I'll talk more later, much love to all, hope it's a terrific Tuesday(at least decent anyways)
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

pauly..great to see you back!!!..yes those were baby rabbits ...type silver fox..they are the offspring of the rabbit that my friend was given to get rid of..he definitely didnt...and mummy came up with 4 little ones...
        as for the drinking...it could be thats how it started....for a lot of us its exactly the same..but then we start making excuses ..ie its sunny...celebrate..its raining ..commiserate..and any excuse and emotive issues the immediate action is ..drink then lets thin about what to do...
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good Tuesday afternoon Abbers,

Yep it's sunny, hot & humid still despite last evening's rain. Now I am actually wishing my life away - can't wait for November, ha ha!!

Thanks for the coffee Mick, it's keeping me on my toes.
          YB is out teaching CPR classes today so no greenhouse work. He likes to spend $$ so he needs to go earn $$, Lol

Sam, for absolutely no reason whatsoever I wanted a smoke all day yesterday, ugh!
          Why? After all this time disturbing thoughts can still come & invade our brains. I finally squashed that thought by remembering there is no such thing as ONE smoke or ONE drink for me. Hell is going to have to freeze over before I ever start that monsense again

Pauly, sometimes we self-medicate, especially women! You don't really need to dig much deeper, that's it in a hand basket. Now I choose healthier ways to make myself feel better. That's what we all have to do to get healthy & stay healthy.

Hello to Pie, PPQ, SF, Det & whoever drops in later.
          Have a fabulous AF day!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hidy (sneeze) ho ABeroooskies!

yes, still besieged by allergies sadly, but chin up here.

Mick, very nifty archaeological finds!

Lav, I'm jealous of your electrical storm... photography delight for sure

Pie, fun with dog ticks?

Sunflower, you're sounding good

NoraC, those sound like golden oldie sci fi treats...must investigate. I've been watching 'star trek enterprise' which is fun and very G rated. It reminds me of the original series although chronologically it's set somewhat earlier when the enterprise crew is just beginning her adventures.

well, a good phone interview today for a large chemical manufacturer. Not as sexy as photography but it pays well. So I'll see which one pans out here.... on the edge of my seat a little.

fabulous workout at the gym yesterday and pleasantly sore/worn out now. My tomatoes must be of the Jurassic variety as they have dwarfed my trellis and taking over the neighborhood.

Pauly, you're sounding good. Those gorgeous bunnies Mick photo'd are a very rare breed from what I've been reading.

well, since I've run out of food I spose I better go get some. Waiting for tomatoes to ripen won't quite cut it.

be well peeps
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick..aww, I thought you deliberately typed like that! You made me LOL withe your Anbesol story. Nice pendant, you're doing good. Getting a bit busy at work as registration for hockey is in full swing and everyone needs a current membership. The start up to my hectic September. Boss was another no show today but is scheduled to be back tomorrow. Hope he did some thinking about leaving work now instead of later.

Sam...I'm glad you've found life good without the buzz. That's huge. Hope the mines weren't too dark today.

Pauly...good to see you posting. I agree there's all kinds of reasons/excuses for drinking. I always tell myself nothing changes if nothing changes.

Lav...we had a hot one here today too. Not as hot as Pauly's had it though. Cool down and rain for the next 2 days, looking forward to that.

Det...seems you've had those allergies for awhile now, hope they ease up soon. Fingers crossed for the jobs, hope it's the photography one.

Decided I want ribs for supper tonight so it's an order in meal. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

PQ, ribs is a great choice

say hello to my hairy buck-toothed neighbor!

nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

incredibly silly looking thing eh?

I'm imagining it has a cartoon character voice LOL
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hey all - just wanted to say hi. I'll be back tomorrow when I'm typing on a computer not a phone:cuss:
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                    X