its poets day..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its poets day..........

morn all...and how is your world today then?all good I hope...its raining here and supposed to be doing so for the next week...previously the sun was cracking the flags ..and now....wind n rain ..all well cest la vie ....weekend nearly here go on ..who has got the wackiest weekend coming up???answers on a postcard...

brew time,so here we go...

hey Sam..hows you then ?you missed out on the iced dish...cuts down on the washing up too!!gives you more time to fill in paperwork....yep lawyer stuff done as good as it gets...

hiya pie...thank you for the moosik.. (Abba ..eat your heart out..its my title) was good alway liked the beachboys too..wouldnt it be nice to see them again?God only knows if that would be possible,but their music always gave me good vibrations.....hows things with your dad?also hows the pcc doin?pie canine club.....

hiya pie ..oh no.... all deed? no tommies or cukes...strange the one thing I cant grow is carrots....the ground isnt sandy enuff here...mine did pretty good ...
    heres some of the different kinds I grew ..including Mr Stripey.....

20160818_091201.jpg

one of the beef toms..

20160818_150444.jpg

hiya Lav hows you today then?all good?so you liked the beachboys too?heres a brew ....and a couple of you tubes to watch..in fact anyone...tell me who didnt nod,sing or tap......dont they take you back.....?this was music ...

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube

congrats to the graduate too...what did she graduate in?

one of my mates flies to America today ..to start a new life ex soldier,ex cop, from Nottingham he is moving to San Diego with family ..leaves today at 4pm..at least the weather will be better today..

have a great day...

hey det ....hows you then mate ..love the jockanese ..aye you chill oot!!! hope the job front takes off for you..instead of working for this law enforcement guy...Marshall Artz..

hiya ppqp hows you then ?all good see you are still doing yer two hats act!!

hiya Sk..hope all is well with you....likewise tt and Nora c......

have a great weekend...

A doctor goes into a restaurant and notices that the blonde waitress keeps scratching her hands.
    "Do you have eczema?" he asks.
    "If it's not on the menu," says the waitress, "we haven't got it."

"Well, Mr. Brown," says the doctor, "I have just discovered that you have one testicle made of wood and one testicle made of steel."
    "But that's impossible," says Mr. Brown, "I've never had any operations and apart from that I have two perfectly healthy children." ... "How old are your children?"
    "Well, Pinocchio is 6 and Terminator is 7..."

These are from a book called Disorder in the Courts and are things people actually said in court, word for word, taken down and published by court reporters that had the torment of staying calm while the exchanges were taking place.
    ATTORNEY: What was the first thing your husband said to you that morning?
    WITNESS: He said, 'Where am I, Cathy?'
    ATTORNEY: And why did that upset you?
    WITNESS: My name is Susan!
    ATTORNEY: Are you sexually active?
    WITNESS: No, I just lie there.
    WITNESS: Every year.
    WITNESS: Forty-five years.
    WITNESS: I forget..
    ATTORNEY: You forget? Can you give us an example of something you forgot?
    ATTORNEY: The youngest son, the 20-year-old, how old is he?
    WITNESS: He's 20, much like your IQ.
    ATTORNEY: So the date of conception (of the baby) was August 8th?
    WITNESS: Yes.
    ATTORNEY: And what were you doing at that time?
    WITNESS: Getting laid
    WITNESS: None.
    ATTORNEY: Were there any girls?
    WITNESS: Your Honor, I think I need a different attorney. Can I get a new attorney?
    WITNESS: Take a guess.
    WITNESS: Unless the Circus was in town I'm going with male.
    ATTORNEY: Doctor , how many of your autopsies have you performed on dead people?
    WITNESS: All of them. The live ones put up too much of a fight.
    ATTORNEY: Do you recall the time that you examined the body?
    WITNESS: The autopsy started around 8:30 PM
    ATTORNEY: And Mr. Denton was dead at the time?
    WITNESS: If not, he was by the time I finished.
    And last:
    ATTORNEY: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?
    WITNESS: No.
    ATTORNEY: Did you check for blood pressure?
    ATTORNEY: Did you check for breathing?
    WITNESS: No..
    ATTORNEY: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?
    ATTORNEY: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
    WITNESS: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
    ATTORNEY: I see, but could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless?
    WITNESS: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law.

Who needs a wife anyway.
    I mean how difficult can it be to boil toast.

Someone's just thrown a bottle of Omega 3 tablets at me . Don't worry I only received super fish oil injuries

It's that time of year to take our annual senior citizen test. Exercising the brain is as important as exercising muscles. As we grow older, it's important to keep mentally alert. If you don't use it, you lose it! Below is a very private way to gauge your loss or non-loss of intelligence.
    Take the test presented here to determine if you're losing it or not. The spaces below are so you don't see the answers until you've made your answer. OK, relax, clear your mind and begin.
    1. What do you put in a toaster?
    Answer: "bread." If you said "toast," give up now and do something else. Try not to hurt yourself. If you said, bread, go to Question 2.
    2. Say "silk" five times. Now spell "silk"
    What do cows drink?
    Answer: Cows drink water. If you said "milk," don't attempt the next question. Your brain is over-stressed and may even overheat. Content yourself with reading a more appropriate literature such as The Beano or The Dandy. However, if you said "water", proceed to question 3.
    3. If a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks , what is a green house made from?
    Answer: Greenhouses are made from glass. If you said "green bricks," why the heck are you still reading these??? If you said "glass," go on to Question 4.
    4. It's 40 years ago, and a plane is flying at 20,000 feet over Germany (If you will recall, Germany at the time was politically divided into West Germany and East Germany .) Anyway, during the flight, one of the engines fail. The pilot, realizing that the last remaining engine is also failing, decides on a crash landing procedure.
    Unfortunately the engine fails before he can do so and the plane fatally crashes smack in the middle of "no man's land" between East Germany and West Germany . Where would you bury the survivors? East Germany , West Germany , or no man's land"?
    Answer: You don't bury survivors.
    If you said ANYTHING else, you're a dunce and you must stop. If you said, "You don't bury survivors", proceed to the next question.
    5. Without using a calculator - You are driving a bus from Dublin to Galway. In Dublin, 17 people get on the bus. In Lucan, 6 people get off the bus and 9 people get on. In Rochefortbridge, 2 people get off and 4 get on. In Moate, 11 people get off and 16 people get on . In Athlone, 3 people get off and five people get on. In Ballinasloe, 6 people get off and 3 get on. No more changes until you arrive at Galway.
    What was the name of the bus driver?
    Answer: Oh, for crying out loud!
    Don't you remember your own name? It was YOU!!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Mae everybody, up too early for a day off but if I sleep in I get too groggy,Mick,nice toms I loved when my plants were thriving and if I needed a tomato I could just go grab one,loved the guy with Pinocchio and Terminater kids haha,have to make my trek to the 99 cent store cuz I've been misbehaving as we know, they probably miss me and are going broke hahaha! Much love to all of you, hope today is wonderful for us all
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi there folks. Sorry I have not posted but it's a combination of being flat out with work and home and continued major stress with work. Each day it goes on and on. There will be no let up for the next 3 months. It's very hard to act 'normal' and I am finding it hard to make a decent contribution to MWO at the moment. But thinking if you all.

Comment

MAE all! Pauly, I agree that Mick's Pinocchio and Terminator joke is a great one. The senior citizen test made me laugh too. Mick, I take it you have a sister named Barbara Ann? I'm doing pet care for two families this weekend, and slowly acclimating the new foster dog to living inside a home. He's never before seen reflective surfaces, and the sliding glass door has surprised him a time or two. His only job is just to chill out until next week, when he'll say goodbye to his boy bits, and to his remaining teeth. In comparison, my life is a cakewalk.

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for starting us off. Yup wearing 2 hats again!!! Good job on the tomatoes. No wacky weekend for me. Bit of watering at the garden and hope to get some aerial shots of all the gardens, they look fantastic.

Pauly...you're sounding good. Hope you enjoyed your day off.

TT...hope you get rid of the stress soon. We're all thinking of you too.

Pi...aw...poor foster dog. Hope your weekend goes good.

Just waiting for a renter to show up so I can give them the keys and head out of here. Really looking forward to the weekend.
          Shout out to everyone else.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Aloooha Friday ABerooos!

Mick, i hope the rain doesn't stop your treasure hunting. Love to see more nifty Celtic hardware.

well I finally got the window replaced in the camper shell of my truck after having a 'woopsie' and breaking it a few days ago. They wanted 470.00 freaking bucks to replace it! no way jose, so I got a tinted plexiglass sheet and cut it to shape this morning and finally got the last of the rivets put in and hardware reassembled and she's right as rain for 35 bucks. yay.

so I celebrated with a pint of icecream at the local cantina. (evil grin) the boys at the bar think I'm some kind of superhero for being able to not drink every time i go there. LOL kind of cool being noticed in a positive way for being AF.

looks pretty quiet on the thread so far... assuming you are all out doing crazy fun things!

salutations Pie, PPQ, Lav, Sam, Pauly, TTops, NoraC, SF and anyone I'm missing.

be well
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det,I wish I could fix my windshield that easy,last week a Palm tree frond fell right on it in the driveway and now it's totally cracked on the passenger side, defo needs replacement
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

I have been on the run since sunrise with an extremely busy granddaughter, geez!
                These are the times I am especially grateful for my quit

Mick, every tomato we have picked from the garden so far I have tossed right to the chickens - they're looking awful this year. You seem to have the knack for tomatoes!!!
                My daughter will be working in physical therapy now - she wanted to help people & she will have plenty of opportunity to do just that!

I am just going to say hello to everyone & wish a peaceful night to all. I'll try to catch up better tomorrow!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hope you're having a great time with your granddaughter. :love:
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

PS - I did find the unicorn yesterday. :yay:

Hi everyone :checkin:
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

"
                      Extra tempted today. I hate Friday's on the front end. Things I don't even think on my own are presented to me.

I had posted this before....however it did not post. Last time I drank.....I got arrested. Until you are the one sitting in real handcuffs...I get it. I did not before. Now I do. I even managed to get probation officer for a year. And that sucks way more than anyone could even imagine.

So tonight scared me. I need to stop going in. So excited for my new department.

Comment

Working...
                      X