Newbies in Need Day 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need Day 18

Good morning everyone, hope you all had a good weekend. Monday today and a good day for picking ourselves up, getting motivated and starting afresh if we've had a bad weekend.

Talking about starting afresh, I would just like to mention Bluesky's situation just the once and then I don't know about anyone else but as RJ has intervened now, I think we should draw a line under the whole thing, move on and give Bluesky the chance to come back - so thanks to RJ and a big warm hug to Bluesky if you're reading this, please come and say hello - as you can tell, we've missed you!!!

Well everything went according to "plan" for my weekend - 2 on Saturday then 2 last night so thats it now until next Saturday. Feel okay and slept well. Off to work now but have a good day everyone!!!!!!!! love Janicexxxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Newbies in Need Day 18

It's great to be back - thanks everybody

A wonderful Good Morning to Janice and everyone at MWO, Janice, thanks ever so much for getting us started today and also for keeping the thread going over the w/e, it was much appreciated by everybody and congratulations on your wonderful achievement of 2 / 2 Sat./Sun. well done, you are an inspiration to us all, it shows us that there is light at the end of the tunnel, great work.

Unfortunately, I wasn't around at the w/e as some very sad person "anonymously" sent me and other members some nasty PMs, which was pretty upsetting. But the long and the short of it is is that everybody rallied round and now the problem is in the midst of being resolved. We have an infiltrator who is not one of us and he/she obviously wants to cause havoc. Please if anyone of you has the same experience of nasty "ANON" PMs please get in touch with RJ immediately and she will correct the situation.

The good news is that I came out of this dreadful experience much better off; the support that I was shown here was absolutely amazing and I will never be able to thank everyone enough. You all pulled together to help those of us who had been affected by this joker and eventually got to the root of the problem. There are not enough adjectives to express how grateful I am to all of you, I am choked with emotion, sincerely, I mean it from the bottom of my heart, thank you all so much for your precious time and help.

As for the sad, sad person causing this unpleasantness, you will not win here, whatever you think, we as a family are too strong for you, so please leave us alone to get on with what we are here to do. Please go and get some help, you really need it, I feel really sorry for you and truly hope you get better soon.

Now that's out of the way, I hope you all had a great w/e and managed to ABS/MOD or whatever your goal was. All I can say is that whether you are AF/MODS it is much better than being drunk. We don't deserve to get drunk, it's a horrific place to be, so let's keep working at this and we will eventually beat this disease together. For those of us who succeeded our goal for the w/e, well done and for those of us who failed, please, please try again today, it's another day and remember you deserve something better than a bottle of poison in your system, it's not going to help you it's only going to destroy you.

Got to dash, but just before I go, once again thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all your support and kind supportive messages both on/off the boards, it was truly amazing, YOU are ALL truly amazing, Thank you.

Quote for today: Your body is a temple, but keep the spirits on the outside.

Have a great day!

Blusky XXX
    It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 18

What a relief

Hello Everyone,

Janice thanks for starting us off today.

I've got to get to bed but before I do:

Bluesky, what a relief, somehow since you've been gone it was like one of the wheels here wasn't turning or something was just out of place. Glad you are back. You are such a blessing to all of us and a vital part of this family.

Have a great morning everyone.

Melissa
      If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 18

Great to see you back bluesky. Glad to hear you are all doing well on your journeys.

Starlight Impress

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 18

Hi Bluesky,
          glad you are abck you are so positive that I love reading your posts
          Diamond x
          I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
          I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 18

Janice thanks for starting the thread. Bluesky, really glad you're back.

Day 4 af for me today. Slept pretty well though had lots of very vivid dreams, so feeling a bit drained. Anybody else get the dream thing?

Hope you all have a good day.
            Uli

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 18

Glad you're back Blue!!!!

Dear all,

I am going to start coming to this thread again as I did really well when this started way back in May.

June has been just awful so far, still nothing on the job front and I'm back to drinking way too much partly because I'm so depressed.

Woke up today with a horrible hangover and I'm just fed up with it so here I am back at day 1. I'm not going to say I'll make 30 days, it's just to much expectation. I'll just take each day as it comes. I know when I've notched up a few days I'll be able to think a little more clearly.

Have a good day everyone, I'm off job hunting.

Kitty
              Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
              Confucius

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 18

Thank you everyone for being here. I could not get along wo/you all. I'm glad the inflitrator problem has been resolved. I'm 2 days AF & working on 3. Good luck all! Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 18

Yay Bluesky! It's good to see you back.

Congratulations on Day 4, Uda. I've also been dreaming like crazy. It's kind of fun, I look forward to sleeping.

Kitty, I hear you. I'm also job hunting, and it can get really dispiriting. The more I drink, though, the worse the depression seems to get. Be kind to yourself today.

This is day four for me, and I'd be feeling really happy about it, no tail wedgies, if I didn't have a darn summer cold. Blech. I think I'm going to go back to bed for a while. Happy Monday, Everyone.

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 18

Lunapro "dispiriting" is a spot on description, sums it up perfectly. Oh well I'm going to the gym later and drinking lots of water so hopefully I'll feel better soon.

I just feel so "toxic" at the moment.

Kitty
                    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                    Confucius

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 18

Just say no to hangovers!

Good to have you back Bluesky. What an ordeal!

Kitty: that hangover feeling is indeed horrible. I don't know why it is so hard to avoid it but judging by experiences of some people on this website, it can be done.

After some very bad days last week, I did well this weekend, with very little drinking. I feel so so much better today. I would like to skip drinking for this week and adopt some very very tight controls for the weekend.

Good luck to all

one other thing I would like to say...

Yesterday I had feelings of sadness, loss and loneliness in the evening, as usual. I was thinking, this is how I am feeling, particularly after quitting anti-depressants. I realized I can actually deal with those feelings sober. It's not fabulous of course but it is doable.

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 18

Hi everyone we are all moving from our 30 day club, to this thread as our other thread has kind of died, this one is much more alive. Wont bore you with my bad day yesterday, except to say it was realllllly bad. Still maintaining my goal of drink less/drunk less but not as good as I hoped and the children were very upset with me for drinking yesterday. I have only drank once in the last seven days but that is one to many, so onwards and upwards as always. catch you all laterinkele: inkele: inkele: inkele:

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 18

Janice, I'm so glad to hear you are able to stick precisely to your plan. Alas, I did not after doing really well for several weeks but am trying to learn from it. I'm so glad you are back Bluesky and that hopefully, this matter has been resolved. Good luck on the job hunting Luna and Kitty. And congratulations to all working to string together some AF days who added 1 more - Uda, Retteach everyone else to come. I'm leaving town for a week so may be here very little but I will be thinking of you all. Hey Nancy, glad to hear you are doing well. Good to see you back up as always Garden Girl.

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 18

Whew!! Glad Bluesky is back!!

I made is through family barbecue AF, so for me 3 Days AF.

Which really means 3 Days where I can actually REMEMBER the evening, and 3 mornings where I woke up without a massive headache and recriminations.

I have not gone this long without alcohol since I had surgery in 2000, but of course then I was on morphine, so I don't think that counts.

Hope everyone's day goes great!!

Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 18

changed my avatar, everyone else seems to do it, this looks like me:H

Comment

Working...
                              X