twennysivinth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

twennysivinth

morn all ...start of a beeyoootiful weekend...just checked and yep got a pulse so thats a pretty good off!!how are yizal then?ready for a sat/sun easy weekend..thatt is apart from ppqps decorating bride!!
    out detecting tomorrow..so hopefully will find rainbows end!!

brew time so here we go then

hiya pie ..hows you ..drinky poos thoughts been overcome ?and the k9 krew how are they?my friend got a puppy collie yesterday...and also took some pics of the baby silver fox rabbits but google wont download to the computer for some mad reason so will try and put them on after..

hiya tt...hows your weekend going ?thats what it is weekend ..give yourself a wee break from work worry ..

hey sk hows you then?I was trying to be a little more diplomatic than Lav re silver but hey lets not beat around the bush..lets go thru it!!we are here for you..

hiya pauly ....like you I dont know how to put vids up here...anyoe know?but so the one of toe toytoys you put up..its mad ..what would have happened if it had landed on its shell on its back..you get any sleep?

aha ..good morning to the bridal employment agency..talk about dressing up for work!!hows you today then?all good I hope..any weekend ideas?

hiya Lav...brew time ....here you go...hows things in the homestead today then ?any you time in this weekend ?Im planting up today...lettuce ...everyone loves salad in -10 degrees in the rain and snow..also some more turnips..and early cabbage....Julie made a hungarian dish last night ..got the recipe from one of her friends ..it was ace..

hey det ,Nora c ,Sam the man...how are you doing ?hope ok....

big shout to all missing have a grand day.....

puppy

20160826_140105.jpg

silver fox baby rabbit

20160826_135853.jpg

20160826_135852.jpg

my wife and i walked past a swanky restaurant last night. did you smell that food. it smelt incredible she said, being the nice guy i am, i thought " fck it. i'll treat her". so we walked past again!

Great news! Some of the old favourite singers and bands have re-released
    their greatest hits with new titles and lyrics to accommodate their ageing audience.
    Some examples:
    Herman's Hermits: "Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Walker"
    The Rolling Stones: "You Can't Always Pee When You Want"
    Credence Clearwater Revival: "Bad Prune Rising"
    Marvin Gaye: "I Heard It Through the Grape Nuts"
    The Who: "Talkin' 'Bout My Medication"
    The Troggs: "Bald Thing"
    Carly Simon: "You're So Varicose Vein"
    The Bee Gees: "How Can You Mend a Broken Hip"
    Roberta Flack: "The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face"
    Johnny Nash: "I Can't See Clearly Now"
    The Temptations: "Papa Got a Kidney Stone"
    ABBA: "Denture Queen"
    Leo Sayer: "You Make Me Feel Like Napping"
    Commodores: "Once, Twice, Three Trips to the Bathroom"
    Procol Harem: "A Whiter Shade of Hair"

AND FINALLY

!!!!!HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MAN ? !!!!!
    This picture of a cross eyed man has been released by the wolverhampton Police who they suspect is responsible for a number of burglaries.

If you see him looking at your house .... please alert your next door neighbours

14117701_765546676921724_4700106309076554573_n.jpg
    Last edited by Mick; August 27, 2016, 02:35 PM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Mae everybody, Mick I hafta watch the tortoise so he doesn't end up on his back, one day hubs was out running errands and he came home and the darn brat was in Winslows water bowl!and his water is a big mixing bowl so we're still baffled by how he got in there without tipping it over,no spills and no drowning, I tell you every animal I get is weird haha,hubs has to work all weekend so I'm on Louie duty,bought him a burger play doh set so that will keep us occupied he always mixes the colors though and that drives me bananas! I hadn't played with play doh since the kids were small and I forgot how OCD I am about it haha! It is very therapeutic to squish the doh though, I asked hubs to build me another plant shelf above the other one for my b-day,I think it will look nice to have a ton of plants in that window,at least my houseplants are nice to me,garden is a brat this year, I wanted at least one pumpkin, nope now I hafta buy them again, carrots are the only actual food that grew and they're tiny but Louie sized at least haha,much love to all, let's have a great AF Saturday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning friends, Yep, one of the lucky ones with a pulse here too. Sweet baby pics, Mick. Pauly, sounds like you're looking forward to your day. Birthday coming up soon?

Beyond the knee-jerk stress thought that a drink would take the edge off, it's morphed into a wistfulness about feeling the buzz. I just want to get high, and I don't want to give up any of the alcohol-free benefits that are a big part of my life now. Is that really the choice? One or the other? Not proud of feeling this way, but that's where I am right now.

Comment

Pie,the fantasy never lives up to the reality,I know I don't have as much AF time as you by any means but having had nearly 5 months then drinking, then almost 4 months then drinking, I can't begin to tell you how devastating each episode was and how let down I felt, imagine how you'd feel after 2 years of not drinking, meh,we can't have our cake and eat it too,it won't work for us,I appreciate your honesty here,this will pass I'm sure,big hugs friend
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for the kickstart as always. Checked and I have a pulse too. Plan is to relax this weekend and maybe some housecleaning if the fancy strikes. Good luck tomorrow.

Pauly...my childhood therapeutic was coloring. And then they came out with Adult Coloring Books. Haven't gotten one yet but one day.

Pi...sorry you're struggling right now, but glad to see you posting about it instead of acting on it. When you said you just want to get high it made me think of runners. I've heard of a runner's high, maybe that would work? I think that you've just had so much on your plate lately that you want a break. Don't want to be a responsible adult today! If it's getting really tough do the Mick List. At least it will get you thinking in the right direction.
          Sending you Positive P's :angel: PPP :angel:

Comment

Good afternoon Abbers,

Sunny & hot here once again
            I am so ready for Fall...
            The older chickens have finally retired to the farm (I thanked them for their service), ha ha.
            Now I need to clean out their quarters & get the younger ones moved over. This is going to take a few days to get done in all this heat, ugh.

Mick, I really should be planting lettuce too but the Amish guy is wanting to know if we are going to buy a fall-winter farm share again, hmmm. What to do?
            YB's grandmother was from Hungary & was a pretty good cook but she wouldn't share recipes, oh well. Glad you enjoyed some good food

Pauly, I think indoor gardening is a good idea for you. No reason you couldn't grow kitchen herbs inside too.

Pie, I imagine we all hit the wall with stress from time to time & would like nothing more than to get out of ourselves for a while. I have found that regardless of what I think I want DISTRACTION is the key. Choose food, sleep, exercise, meditation or a really good book before turning back to AL. They all work, to one degree or another, thank goodness :hug:

PQ, I am relieved we all seem to have a pulse today, LOL
            We can do anything we choose to do & make the most of the day

Hello to the rest of the crew. Let's all have a fabulous AF day.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Saturns day ABeroooos!

oh my, forgot to check for pulse. Will do so shortly....

Mick, you back on solid food then it sounds like it... a goulash of some kind from Hungary?

Pie, wanting to feel 'high' is certainly natural and I like the suggestions on seeking out natural highs. I've done some guided meditations that were very powerful. Even a really good comedy can be grand. Just not the news

SK, i never use recipes but the meatloaf roughly speaking consisted of:

1 lb ground pork
              2lb ground beef
              large onion diced
              large red bell pepper diced
              5 cloves garlic minced
              teaspoon or so of dried oregano
              8oz jar of Mediterranean olive spread
              8oz jar of tomato sauce (unsweetened)
              2 eggs
              loads of freshly cracked black pepper
              Himalayan red sea salt

baked at 275F for approx 48min and 17 seconds

I used no fillers of any kind and it turned out insanely light and juicy. yum-o-matic!

Well, another weekend on my lonesome. Trying not to feel down about it and staying busy putzing about the house and yard.

I did get some spirulina and I'm not happy with how hard it is to use. It's the consistency of talcum powder and won't mix worth a darn, also it tastes like I'd imagine pond-scum tastes. icky! I tried to just toss a tablespoon down my throat and chug some water but damn near choked to death as it clogged me up like epoxy. oopsie. I'd mix it in whey protein shake but I ran out. hmmm.....

be well everyone!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mick, thank you for translating the Scottish joke. I finally 'get' it

when I get a chance to sojourn there I'll be sure to bring my star trek translator
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

hello everyone. Sorry I haven't read back properly. Very wet here lately but today looks like we will have some sun. I hope to get a walk in. I did see people discussing Christmas which kind of spooked me. I haven't made any bookings for a vacation due to our financial situation being uncertain but part of me says to just do it. Remember Christmas here also coincides with annual holidays and it will be our summer.

I dont want to feel 'high' at the moment - just seek oblivion from the constant stuff I am dealing with. I have got to the point of avoiding certain folks because I dont want to talk about the situation or the future.
                  Still I did manage to get some decent sleep last night and thats great. And I have been distracting myself with some reading and writing.

Comment

Mick, I didn't see those renamed golden oldies earlier, but those are hysterical! Thanks everyone for your feedback. I'm not "planning" to drink. You all are a bigger part of my life than might be obvious. As experiences unfold in the course of any day, I always consider what I can or should share with you. Often, there's much more I'd like to say, but feel the need to hold back on details for the sake of anonymity. But holding back on drinking/sobriety thoughts would make MWO less of a support tool for me. It's the only one I have, so don't wish to undermine or dilute something so valuable.

Anyway, I started visualizing a cocktail filled evening in a positive light. Had I kept that to myself, it might have festered and grown. This way it's out on the table, where I intend for it to shrivel up and blow away.

Comment

Working...
                    X